Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verses - January (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8070)

bluidkiti 01-01-2016 03:17 AM

Bible Verses - January

January 1

Psalm 51:10-11 —

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from your presence, and take not your Holy Spirit from me.

Have you made any New Year's resolutions? This psalm provides some insight into David's spiritual recovery from a place of arrogance and callousness towards God's voice. David knows he doesn't deserve forgiveness, so he calls on God's character of mercy to remove his sins. He asks for renewal, purity, and pardon. We should, too.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. —Genesis 1:1

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

Micah 7:18 Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy.

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever Hebrews 13:8

Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Galatians 6:8

Revelation 21:5 He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."

bluidkiti 01-02-2016 08:08 AM

January 2

Today’s Scripture: Jeremiah 29:11-13 (NLT): “For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.

Today’s Thought: The King of the universe knows who you are. If that doesn’t excite you, what will? We can trust Him because He knows the ultimate plan for our lives!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for not only saving me but having a plan for my life. I ask that you help me walk in your plan for my life today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

He [the Word, Jesus] was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. —John 1:2-3

My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever. - Psalm 73:26

Psalm 147:1-6

Praise the Lord.

How good it is to sing praises to our God,
how pleasant and fitting to praise him!

The Lord builds up Jerusalem;
he gathers the exiles of Israel.
He heals the brokenhearted
and binds up their wounds.
He determines the number of the stars
and calls them each by name.
Great is our Lord and mighty in power;
his understanding has no limit.
The Lord sustains the humble
but casts the wicked to the ground.

2 Corinthians 5:17 (NIV) - Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. John 13:34

Isaiah 65:17 "Behold, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind.

bluidkiti 01-03-2016 07:07 AM

January 3

John 6:47 — Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes has eternal life.

The moment you trust Jesus Christ, you become a Child of God and his Spirit begins to live inside you. You have become part of His story. The more you grow in your relationship with God, the more of His story you will begin to see and understand in your life. All of your sins, past and future, is forgiven, and you now find total acceptance before Him. When you begin this relationship, Jesus promises to be with you through all the ups and downs, and in the joys and difficulties of this life. He loves you with an everlasting, unchanging love. And not only has He promised eternal life, but He came so that you could also experience purpose, fulfillment and freedom in this life.

I rejoice in your word like one who discovers a great treasure. - Psalm 119:162

Titus 2:11-12 - 11 For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. 12 It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age,

Proverbs 22:2 The rich and poor meet together: the LORD is the maker of them all.

2 Corinthians 5:17 If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

Jesus replied, "If you only knew the gift God has for you and who you are speaking to, you would ask me, and I would give you living water." John 4:10

Psalm 108:1-5

A song. A psalm of David.

My heart, O God, is steadfast;
I will sing and make music with all my soul.
Awake, harp and lyre!
I will awaken the dawn.
I will praise you, Lord, among the nations;
I will sing of you among the peoples.
For great is your love, higher than the heavens;
your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
Be exalted, O God, above the heavens;
let your glory be over all the earth.

The Lord is righteous in all his ways and faithful in all he does. Psalm 145:17

bluidkiti 01-04-2016 11:30 AM

January 4

Today’s Scripture: I Corinthians 1:4 (NLT): I always thank my God for you and for the gracious gifts he has given you, now that you belong to Christ Jesus.

Today’s Thought: It is important to have thankful heart. God has given us so much to be thankful for. The Lord has also put people in each one of our lives for us to be thankful for. These people are often there to help us grow in our walk with God. Today let’s show them how much we are thankful for them.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I thank You for those people You’ve put in my life. I know that they are a gift from You. Please show me how I can show them my gratitude. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Philippians 3:13 (NLT) Paul said, "I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead..."

Thought: God has great plans for you. Ask Him.

Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. - Matthew 7:7

Micah 6:8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

Keep me safe, O God,for I have come to you for refuge. Psalm 16:1

Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance. Jude 1:2

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead," 1 Peter 1:3

Colossians 3:9-10 - 9 Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices 10 and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.

dwmoeller 01-05-2016 08:22 AM

Behold I will create new heavens and a new earth. Isaiah 65:17

Thought: A new year -- a new beginning,
Begin each day with the Lord!

bluidkiti 01-05-2016 10:46 AM

January 5

Luke 6:37-38 — "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

Make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. —2 Peter 1:5-7

I am praying to you because I know you will answer, O God. Bend down and listen as I pray. Psalm 17:6

In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father. - Matthew 5:16

2 Corinthians 9:6-9
Generosity Encouraged

Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. As it is written:

“They have freely scattered their gifts to the poor;
their righteousness endures forever.”

Lamentations 3:22-23 - 22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. 23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

bluidkiti 01-06-2016 08:45 AM

January 6

Mark 4:35-40 — That day when evening came, he said to his disciples, "Let us go over to the other side." Leaving the crowd behind, they took him along, just as he was, in the boat. There were also other boats with him. A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat, so that it was nearly swamped. Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. The disciples woke him and said to him, "Teacher, don't you care if we drown?"
He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, "Quiet! Be still!" Then the wind died down and it was completely calm.
He said to his disciples, "Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?"

The disciples panicked because the storm threatened to destroy them all, and Jesus seemed unaware and unconcerned. Theirs was a physical storm, but storms come in other forms. Think about the storms in your life — the situations that cause you great anxiety. Whatever your difficulty, you have two options: you can worry and assume that Jesus no longer cares, or you can resist fear, putting your trust in him. When you feel like panicking, confess your need for God and then trust him to care for you.

For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. - Ephesians 2:10

The Lord isn't really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent. 2 Peter 3:9

A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed. Proverbs 11:25

Psalm 42:8 (NIV) - By day the Lord directs his love, at night his song is with me— a prayer to the God of my life.

bluidkiti 01-07-2016 02:39 AM

January 7

Ephesians 5:1-2 1 Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children 2 and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

Psalm 84:10 Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.

The Lord isn't really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent. 2 Peter 3:9

Ezekiel 11:19 I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh.

For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. Ephesians 2:10

bluidkiti 01-08-2016 09:40 AM

January 8

Matthew 5:43-48 — "You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Make it your goal to live a quiet life, minding your own business and working with your hands, just as we instructed you before. - 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Amos 5:14-15 - 14 Seek good, not evil, that you may live. Then the Lord God Almighty will be with you, just as you say he is. 15 Hate evil, love good; maintain justice in the courts. Perhaps the Lord God Almighty will have mercy on the remnant of Joseph.

So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most. Hebrews 4:16

Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. For on him God the Father has placed his seal of approval.
John 6:27

bluidkiti 01-09-2016 09:47 AM

January 9

And you yourself must be an example to them by doing good works of every kind. Let everything you do reflect the integrity and seriousness of your teaching. - Titus 2:7

Luke 11:33-36 — "No one lights a lamp and puts it in a place where it will be hidden, or under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, so that those who come in may see the light. Your eye is the lamp of your body. When your eyes are healthy, your whole body also is full of light. But when they are unhealthy, your body also is full of darkness. See to it, then, that the light within you is not darkness. Therefore, if your whole body is full of light, and no part of it dark, it will be just as full of light as when a lamp shines its light on you."

Matthew 6:19-21
Treasures in Heaven

19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry. Psalm 40:1

John 4:13-14 (NIV) - Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

MajestyJo 01-09-2016 06:32 PM

They had a dinner for Jesus. Martha served the food, and Lazarus was one of the people eating with Jesus. Mary brought in a pint of very expensive perfume made from pure lard. She poured the perfume on his feet, and then she wiped his feet with her hair.
And the sweet smell from the perfume filled the whole house.
- JOHN 12:2-3

bluidkiti 01-10-2016 08:10 AM

January 10

Today’s Scripture: I Corinthians 1:11-13 (NLT): For some members of Chloe’s household have told me about your quarrels, my dear brothers and sisters. Some of you are saying, “I am a follower of Paul.” Others are saying, “I follow Apollos,” or “I follow Peter,” or “I follow only Christ.” Has Christ been divided into factions? Was I, Paul, crucified for you? Were any of you baptized in the name of Paul? Of course not!

Today’s Thought: It is important to remember who we follow. We do not follow a man but we follow the One true God.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me to remember who I follow. Help me not to idolize a man. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

1 Peter 1:15-16 - 15 But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; 16 for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”

Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. Matthew 7:7

For, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” Romans 10:13

Matthew 5:44 (NIV) - But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

bluidkiti 01-11-2016 02:25 AM

January 11

Psalm 118:5-6 When hard pressed, I cried to the Lord; he brought me into a spacious place. The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?

Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God.

Our people must learn to do good by meeting the urgent needs of others; then they will not be unproductive. Titus 3:14

Ephesians 4:22-24 - 22 You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23 to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

bluidkiti 01-12-2016 07:26 AM

January 12

Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. - Ephesians 3:20

Matthew 17:20 He replied, "Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

John 14:11 — Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. —James 1:12

Galatians 3:26-28 - 26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father. Matthew 5:16

For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. Ephesians 2:10

dwmoeller 01-12-2016 09:58 AM

For you created my inmost being, you knit me together in my mother's womb. - Psalm 139:13

Thought: God has formed you in the womb and made you His own in His Son, Jesus Christ.