Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verses - August (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9338)

bluidkiti 08-01-2016 07:34 AM

Bible Verses - August

August 1

Mark 10:45 For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

Psalm 77:20 (NIV) You led Your people like a flock by the hand of Moses and Aaron.

Thought: God still uses people every day to accomplish His plans. Are you available?

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 2:17 (NLT): Show respect for everyone. Love your Christian brothers and sisters. Fear God. Show respect for the king.

Today’s Thought: Respect & love are very important. When someone looks at your life, what will they say? You are full of love or hate? If hate, you can start over today.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for loving me. I ask that You help to me love & respect others. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Lift up your eyes to the heavens, look at the earth beneath; the heavens will vanish like smoke, the earth will wear out like a garment and its inhabitants die like flies. But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail. — Isaiah. 51:6

O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens. Psalm 8:1

Psalm 119:114 You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word.

Matthew 22:37 NIV Jesus replied: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind."

2 Corinthians 3:15-18

Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. 1 John 1:7

bluidkiti 08-02-2016 11:14 AM

August 2

So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord-who is the Spirit-makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image. - 2 Corinthians 3:18

Ecclesiastes 5:19-20 — Moreover, when God gives someone wealth and possessions, and the ability to enjoy them, to accept their lot and be happy in their toil — this is a gift of God. They seldom reflect on the days of their life, because God keeps them occupied with gladness of heart.

James 1:22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.

Zechariah 14:9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

Psalm 119:111 NIV Your statutes are my heritage forever; they are the joy of my heart.

“In your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold. Ephesians 4:26-27

Psalm 84:1-2 (NIV) - How lovely is your dwelling place, Lord Almighty! My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.

bluidkiti 08-03-2016 07:59 AM

August 3

Proverbs 2:6 For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.

Colossians 3:15 — Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.

1 Samuel 16:7 But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”

Zechariah 14:9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

I will exalt you, my God the King; I will praise your name for ever and ever. Psalm 145:1

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: Romans 5:1

bluidkiti 08-04-2016 09:58 AM

August 4

1 John 3:18 Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.

Isaiah 50:7b (NIV) Therefore I have set my face like flint, and I know I will not be put to shame.

Thought: Your resolve comes from your Redeemer.

Dear friends, since God loved us that much, we surely ought to love each other. No one has ever seen God. But if we love each other, God lives in us, and his love is brought to full expression in us. - 1 John 4:11-12

Those who had been scattered preached the word wherever they went. —Acts 8:4

So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. — Galatians 5:16

Jeremiah 33:2-3 - 2 “This is what the Lord says, he who made the earth, the Lord who formed it and established it—the Lord is his name: 3 ‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’

1 Timothy 6:17-19 NIV Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life.

I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist. Return to me, for I have redeemed you. Isaiah 44:22

Psalm 84:1-2 (NIV) - How lovely is your dwelling place, Lord Almighty! My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.

Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

bluidkiti 08-05-2016 10:05 AM

August 5

Luke 6:37 “Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

Psalm 119:130 The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple.

Psalm 34:10 NIV The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing.

Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Galatians 5:25

Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace

bluidkiti 08-06-2016 09:36 AM

August 6

Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God's right hand. Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth. - Colossians 3:1-2

Psalm 119:160 All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal.

1 John 4:21 NIV And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother.

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:27

Mark 11:25 And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.”

bluidkiti 08-07-2016 10:48 AM

August 7

Isaiah 33:22
For the Lord is our judge,
the Lord is our lawgiver,
the Lord is our king;
it is he who will save us.

Psalms 18:28 For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness.

Mark 8:34-35 NIV Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me and for the gospel will save it."

Psalm 18:1-3
I love you, Lord, my strength.

The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

I called to the Lord, who is worthy of praise,
and I have been saved from my enemies.

Psalm 121:1-2 (NIV) - I lift up my eyes to the mountains- where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

Psalm 103:12 as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.

bluidkiti 08-08-2016 08:06 AM

August 8

Isaiah 50:10 (NIV) Let him who walks in the dark, who has no light, trust in the name of the Lord...

Thought: There's a turning point in every tough spot. Jesus always hears His name whether you whisper or yell.

Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your hope as a believer, always be ready to explain it. - 1 Peter 3:15

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 2:25 (NLT): Once you were wandering like lost sheep. But now you have turned to your Shepherd, the Guardian of your souls.

Today’s Thought: Isn’t it wonderful to know that God guards our soul? This doesn’t mean we will not have trials. It does mean, however, that we have someone to lean on when life gets almost unbearable. He will never leave nor forsake you (see John 14:16) and will never put on you more then you can bear.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for guarding my soul & never leaving my. I pray that You help me put my full trust in You. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us. — 1 Peter 2:12

Psalm 149:4 For the Lord takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with victory.

Psalm 119:105 NIV Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.

Romans 10:9-10 - 9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

dwmoeller 08-08-2016 03:03 PM

Everything is possible for him who believes. - Mark 9:23

Thought: A little faith in Jesus opens a world of possibilities!

bluidkiti 08-09-2016 10:03 AM

August 9

Psalm 103:12 as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.

Luke 12:6-7 - 6 Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. 7 Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. — Matthew 6:19-21

Mark 9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. Proverbs 3:5

dwmoeller 08-10-2016 09:21 AM

"I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief." - Mark 9:24

Thought: Find it hard to believe? Let Jesus help.

bluidkiti 08-10-2016 09:23 AM

August 10

Luke 6:38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”

Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behavior. Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you. - Ephesians 4:31-32

Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. — Colossians 4:5

Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.

Hebrews 13:5 NIV Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.

Matthew 5:44-48 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Psalm 37:3-4 (NIV) - Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Lamentations 3:31-32 - 31 For no one is cast off by the Lord forever. 32 Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love.

bluidkiti 08-11-2016 10:32 AM

August 11

Ephesians 2:10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Matthew 25:40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you. —Romans 8:11

But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. — 1 Peter 3:15

Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. James 3:13

dwmoeller 08-12-2016 08:31 AM

It is for freedom that Christ set us free. Galatians 5:1

Thought: Set free, Live free with Jesus!

bluidkiti 08-12-2016 08:56 AM

August 12

2 Timothy 2:22 — Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." —John 8:12

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 - 19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

I have chosen the way of faithfulness; I have set my heart on your laws. Psalm 119:30

2 Peter 1:2 (NIV) - Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord

For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister. Hebrews 6:10

Habakkuk 3:17-18 - 17 Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, 18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior.