Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verses - May (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8878)

bluidkiti 05-01-2016 09:54 AM

Bible Verses - May

May 1

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ... —Romans 5:1

Hebrews 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

1 Thessalonians 5:15 Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else.

Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 2 Corinthians 9:7

Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you. Philippians 4:9

Exodus 23:25 - 25 Worship the LORD your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you,

bluidkiti 05-02-2016 10:34 AM

May 2

Luke 6:31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

Psalm 77:14 (NIV) You are the God who performs miracles; You display Your power among the peoples.

Thought: What do you need? God is there for you.

Even fools are thought wise when they keep silent; with their mouths shut, they seem intelligent. - Proverbs 17:28

Isaiah 55:8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 28:18 (NLT): The honest will be rescued from harm, but those who are crooked will be destroyed.

Today’s Thought: You’ve all heard the saying, “honesty is the best policy.” We should always live by this.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You would always help me to live an honest life so others might see You through me. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Do not be quick with your mouth, do not be hasty in your heart to utter anything before God. God is in heaven and you are on earth, so let your words be few. —Ecclesiastes 5:2

1 John 5:14-15 - 14 This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 15 And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him.

This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 1 John 4:9

bluidkiti 05-03-2016 10:10 AM

May 3

John 13:34-35 — "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. —Psalm 5:3

Romans 12:12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

Psalms 55:22 Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

1 John 5:1 NIV Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well.

The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. Psalm 9:9

bluidkiti 05-04-2016 08:28 AM

May 4

2 Corinthians 6:16 (NIV) As God has said, "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people."

Thought: You're never alone.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. - Proverbs 3:5-6

James 1:2-8 — Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.

2 Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.” Mark 10:27

Isaiah 41:9-10 (NIV) - I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, ‘You are my servant’; I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

bluidkiti 05-05-2016 07:45 AM

May 5

Romans 12:9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 29:3 (NLT): The man who loves wisdom brings joy to his father, but if he hangs around with prostitutes, his wealth is wasted.

Today’s Thought: The Bible talks a lot about wisdom because our enemy, the devil, is very wise. We must be in constant communication with God in order to thwart the plans of our advisory.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You would give me Godly wisdom each day so I do not succumb to the traps of the enemy. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. —Romans 5:5

Philippians 4:6-7 - 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Proverbs 10:12 NIV Hatred stirs up dissension, but love covers over all wrongs.

dwmoeller 05-05-2016 09:32 AM

If the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. - John 8:16

Thought: God's Son, Jesus, frees you from sin and frees you to love.

bluidkiti 05-06-2016 08:12 AM

May 6

Romans 8:39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results. - James 5:16

Ephesians 3:20-21 — Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

Did you catch that? Jesus' plan is to do far more than we can imagine. He does it by working within us. He wants to teach us about his character and reveal his heart for us. He wants to whisper in our ears, "Hope is here." And in the process he changes more than our messes, and our problems — he changes us!

James 5:16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

Remember, Lord, your great mercy and love, for they are from of old. Do not remember the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to your love remember me, for you, Lord, are good. Psalm 25:6-7

John 11:25-26 (NIV) - Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”

Nehemiah 1:5 Then I said: “LORD, the God of heaven, the great and awesome God, who keeps his covenant of love with those who love him and keep his commandments,

bluidkiti 05-07-2016 10:12 AM

May 7

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;

"I am the Alpha and the Omega-the beginning and the end," says the Lord God. "I am the one who is, who always was, and who is still to come-the Almighty One." - Revelation 1:8

Colossians 3:13 — Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.

The key to forgiving others is remembering how much God has forgiven you. Is it difficult for you to forgive someone who has wronged you a little when God has forgiven you so much? Realizing God's infinite love and forgiveness can help you love and forgive others.

Cast all your anxiety on him [God] because he cares for you. —1 Peter 5:7

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 - 16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. James 1:22

Psalm 33:4 For the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does.

bluidkiti 05-08-2016 08:05 AM

May 8

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. —Romans 5:8

Colossians 4:5-6 - 5 Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. 6 Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Exodus 20:12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

1 Peter 4:12-13 Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.

Proverbs 1:8 (NIV) - Listen, my son, to your father’s instruction and do not forsake your mother’s teaching.

You haven't done this before. Ask, using my name, and you will receive, and you will have abundant joy. John 16:24

Isaiah 26:12 LORD, you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us.

Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.

Today, I will have a quiet half-hour, all to myself, to do nothing but relax. After this half-hour, I will take a minute to thank God for the gift of rest.

And He said to them: "Come away by yourselves to a secluded place and rest a while." Mark
6:31

bluidkiti 05-09-2016 11:20 AM

May 9

Psalm 130:1 (NIV) Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord.

Thought: Tell God about your desperation and your disappointments. He's listening.

For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. - Ephesians 2:10

Psalm 91:14 NIV "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name."

Those who know your name trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you. Psalm 9:10

Micah 7:18-19 - 18 Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy. 19 You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.

bluidkiti 05-10-2016 09:40 AM

May 10

Psalm 141:4 (NIV) Let not my heart be drawn to what is evil...

Thought: Guard your heart. It's worth more than gold.

And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful. - Colossians 3:15

Psalms 1:1-2 (NLT): Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners, or join in with scoffers. But they delight in doing everything the Lord wants; day and night they think about his law.

Today’s Thought: A great blessing is associated with wanting to please the Lord. Today, let’s try to please Him in each and every area of our lives!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that my life be pleasing to You each and every day. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

James 3:18 NIV Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness.

The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him. Nahum 1:7

Proverbs 31:10 A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.

bluidkiti 05-11-2016 09:05 AM

May 11

Psalm 103:12 as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.

Psalm 141:8 (NIV) ...my eyes are fixed on You, O Sovereign Lord...

Thought: Faith follows Jesus.

I cried out, "I am slipping!" but your unfailing love, OLORD, supported me. When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer. - Psalm 94:18-19

But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you. —Psalm 5:11

Ephesians 4:32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29

John 16:33 (NIV) - “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. Psalms 19:14

2 Corinthians 9:8 And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

bluidkiti 05-12-2016 09:55 AM

May 12

Ecclesiastes 3:1 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:

See that no one pays back evil for evil, but always try to do good to each other and to all people. - 1 Thessalonians 5:15

Jeremiah 30:8 (NIV) "In that day," declares the Lord Almighty, "I will break the yoke off their necks and will tear off their bonds."

Thought: There's no habit that can hold you. Ask God for help.

Proverbs 31:10 A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.
Proverbs 31:27-28 She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her:

Matthew 9:22 Jesus turned and saw her. "Take heart, daughter," he said, "your faith has healed you." And the woman was healed from that moment.

In my distress I called to the Lord; I cried to my God for help. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears. Psalm 18:6

Romans 5:1-2 (NIV) - Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God.

Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few." Ecclesiastes 5:2

Job 33:4 The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life.

bluidkiti 05-13-2016 08:40 AM

May 13

Proverbs 11:25 A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.

Jeremiah 30:10 (NIV) "So do not fear..."

Thought: God's right there, right with you.

Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. - James 1:19

Today’s Scripture: Psalms 3:3-5 (NLT): But you, O Lord, are a shield around me, my glory, and the one who lifts my head high. I cried out to the Lord, and he answered me from his holy mountain. Interlude I lay down and slept. I woke up in safety, for the Lord was watching over me.

Today’s Thought: Isn’t it comforting to know that God will never leave us or forsake us no matter what? Whatever you are going through today, remember, God knows all about it and He will take care of you!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for promising to always take care of me! I put my trust in You & You alone. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Isaiah 30:20-21 — Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

When you are plagued by a persistent problem — one that goes on and on — view it as a rich opportunity. An ongoing problem is like a tutor who is always by your side. The learning possibilities are limited only by your willingness to be teachable. In faith, thank God for your problem. Ask him to open your eyes and your heart to all that he is accomplishing through this difficulty. Once you have become grateful for a problem, it loses its power to drag you down. On the contrary, your thankful attitude will lift you up into heavenly places with God. From this perspective, your difficulty can be seen as a slight, temporary distress that is producing in you a transcendant glory to never cease (2 Corinthians 4:17).

Proverbs 31:30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

Psalms 50:15 And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.

Matthew 6:19-21 "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

Psalm 143:10 Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.

bluidkiti 05-14-2016 09:20 AM

May 14

1 Corinthians 10:13 - No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

How great you are, OSovereign LORD! There is no one like you. We have never even heard of another God like you! - 2 Samuel 7:22

Seek good, not evil, that you may live. Then the LORD God Almighty will be with you, just as you say he is. —Amos 5:14

Psalm 139:13-14 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

Titus 2:14 NIV Jesus Christ gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.

Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart." Psalms 37:4