Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Recovery Readings (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Reflections for Every Day - November (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5276)

yukonm 11-01-2014 08:14 AM

Reflections for Every Day - November

November 1

Today's Thought:

Oh, I believed there was a God I just didn't believe He ever did anything for me so why should He do anything for me now. It took a while for me to realize that with my past history of 30 years drinking and driving the fact I was still alive was proof enough that God had been doing for me all my life.

Submitted By:

Rover

yukonm 11-02-2014 07:03 AM

November 2

Today's Thought:

The legacy of Unity is cast to the wind each time another faction of AA, however it wishes to individualize itself (i.e, age, race, sexual persuasion, mental health status), detaches itself from the whole.

Submitted By:

Rayne

yukonm 11-03-2014 09:00 AM

November 3

Today's Thought:

I realized that I was going to have to walk the talk. I got scared. I didn't know what to do. I didn't go to meetings for a couple of weeks and I was nuts. I went back to meetings and really began to listen. The first thing I did was get a sponsor.

Submitted By:

Sue

bluidkiti 11-04-2014 07:00 AM

November 4

Today's Thought:

The disease of addiction has been described as the inability to tell the true from the false -- our minds lie. This seems particularly true when it comes to that infamous crossroads of "perhaps just one..."

Submitted By:

Kurt

bluidkiti 11-05-2014 09:56 AM

November 5

Today's Thought:

It all keeps coming back to the fact that NOBODY really knows the 'best' way to treat alcoholism, or even if there IS one; I know what worked for me, and others what worked for them, but nobody knows what will work for everybody.

Submitted By:

Dave

bluidkiti 11-06-2014 08:01 AM

November 6

Today's Thought:

It's extremely rare today to find an alcoholic under the age of, say, 55 or so who didn't have some experience with other drugs. I see my experiences with those other things as simply a different manifestation of my alcoholism.

Submitted By:

Dave

bluidkiti 11-07-2014 09:16 AM

November 7

Today's Thought:

Without page 119 in the Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, I probably would have made the same poor judgement in not realizing the possibility of getting involved with the wrong person. I have seen too many boy meets girl on AA campus trying to get each other sober and instead one or the other or both getting drunk.

Submitted By:

Cassandra

November 8

Today's Thought:

You have to be willing to see what needs to be changed and then act on that. It won't work if you can't humble yourself and see where the problems lie within yourself.

Submitted By:

Vicki

November 9

Today's Thought:

The whole purpose of writing the book was so that the message and the specific program would not get lost through the passing of word of mouth, and so that those that did not have the chance to get to New York or Akron or Cleveland, OH would be able to stop drinking using the program of AA without the benefit of meetings.

Submitted By:

Sobr2

bluidkiti 11-07-2014 09:17 AM

November 10

Today's Thought:

I went into rehab, and believe me, it did change my life, I didn't think I could go six days sober, I just celebrated six years, It is alot of hard work and dedication but well worth it.

Submitted By:

Flo

bluidkiti 11-11-2014 07:25 AM

November 11

Today's Thought:

I hope others can find a less trying way to have their spiritual experience. The intense pain of the despair seemed to be the catalyst for whatever the experience was. Worth having, but I'd rather not have to induce another.

Submitted By:

John

bluidkiti 11-11-2014 07:25 AM

November 12

Today's Thought:

A lot of people only get sober when they have lost everything and everyone. It's true that at first, people tend to get worse, but when they look around and see themselves alone with the bottle, they get a bit of a wake up call.

Submitted By:

Magic

bluidkiti 11-11-2014 07:26 AM

November 13

Today's Thought:

I wish I had had the nerve to protect my children from the devastating effects of alcoholism in the home. Had you been "nice" you could end up with children who are addicts/alcoholics or just plain dysfunctional by the time they are five years old as I did.

Submitted By:

Mmamow

November 14

Today's Thought:

Just because someone has their butt parked in a chair at an AA meeting doesn't mean they are working a good program or even that they are a decent human being for that matter. It's quality of sobriety I look for in a sponsor not how much "time" they have.

Submitted By:

Vicki

November 15

Today's Thought:

It seems to me that the Unity part of the triangle can only be reinforced through meetings. How can one be part of a fellowship if one always sits at home? And, it seems to me, that one can't be of service also. It's at A.A. meetings that I learn about upcoming functions and events.

Submitted By:

Blues Bob