Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Prayers and Prayer Requests (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Daily Prayers - June (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3850)

bluidkiti 05-31-2014 11:03 AM

Daily Prayers - June

June 1

For a Heart Open to God's Word

God, as you gave us the sun to lighten our days, so you have given us your Word to lighten our minds and our souls. I pray that you will pour out on me your Spirit as I pray today, that my heart and mind may be opened to your Word, and that I may learn and accept your will for my life.

Shine within my heart, loving God, the pure light of your divine knowledge; open the eyes of my mind and the ears of my heart to receive your Word, this day and always, Amen.

May the Passion of Christ be ever in my heart. May your law and your goodness guide my every thought, O Lord. And may the power of your Holy Spirit flow through my words and my actions today, throughout the week to come, and always. Amen.

Lord our God, open us up to your Spirit living within us, that we may live fully each day of our lives. Touch us, that we may become more aware of all that is around us, growing in a sense of wonder and awe, and in appreciation for all that we see and hear and touch, taste and smell. May we live in such a way that we never take anything for granted, but always be appreciative and express our thanks to those who are part of our lives. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for not only saving my soul, but for the promise of healing also. I do appreciate the many times over the years that You have healed me personally. I also thank you for the gift of healing as I have prayed and You have touched others with Your healing virtue. You truly are the Great Physician. I do appreciate that about You. Lord, I do want to always remain in a joyful attitude, no matter what might come my way. Fill me with Your love, joy and peace daily, so that I might be an example of Your goodness. I ask this in the name of the Lord Jesus. Amen.

Dear Lord, For all the times in our lives when things DO seem right, when we have that moment of clarity, when we feel there is hope, when the sun shines down upon us and warms our face and reminds us that life IS a gift... we thank you Lord. Amen

bluidkiti 05-31-2014 11:03 AM

June 2

George Washington's Morning Prayer

O eternal and everlasting God, I presume to present myself this morning before thy Divine majesty, beseeching thee to accept of my humble and hearty thanks, that it hath pleased thy great goodness to keep and preserve me the night past from all the dangers poor mortals are subject to, and has given me sweet and pleasant sleep, whereby I find my body refreshed and comforted for performing the duties of this day, in which I beseech thee to defend me from all perils of body and soul.

Direct my thoughts, words and work. Wash away my sins in the immaculate blood of the lamb, and purge my heart by thy Holy Spirit, from the dross of my natural corruption, that I may with more freedom of mind and liberty of will serve thee, the ever lasting God, in righteousness and holiness this day, and all the days of my life. In the name of Holy Christ, I pray, Amen.

~ From the Prayer Journal of George Washington

Meditation

[Having the freedom of mind to serve God.]

Prayer for Physical Renewal

Lord, I come before you today in need of your healing hand. In you, all things are possible. Hold my heart within yours, and renew my mind, body, and soul.
I am lost, but I am singing. You gave me life, and you also give me the gift of infinite joy. Give me the strength to move forward on the path you've laid out for me. Guide me towards better health, and give me the wisdom to identify those you've placed around me to help me get better. In your name I pray, Amen.

Now, oh heavenly Father, I ask to be called as a witness to your love by the love I extend to others; a precursor of your justice by my unfailing commitment to what is right and good; a lamp set on a hill, reflecting the light of Christ in my forgiveness, mercy and compassion; and a harvester of souls through my humble and dedicated servanthood. In Jesus' name, I pray, Amen.

Lord, you have given skills and talents to each of us, and you are pleased when we use them well. I ask that I may work well with others and bring out the best in them as well as in myself. Lead me to live in such a way that I show appreciation for the achievements of all who use their talents well. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I come to You with a thankful heart for all that You have done in my life. Thank you for the many answers to my prayers and I appreciate You always being there when I call. Lord, I pray for all of those who do not know You. Use Your children to tell them about the good news of salvation. Give each of us Holy boldness to witness to those around us who need to hear about the love of Jesus. May our lives be a testimony of Your love. Forgive us when we fail You and help us to overcome all the things that would hinder us from being like You. I ask this in the name of the Lord Jesus. Amen.

Lord our God, our Father in heaven, with all our hearts we want to thank you for giving us joy on earth and for sending us your radiant light from heaven. We praise you for the light you give our hearts, the light that lets us find great joy together because we become one in you, one in your Spirit, one in awaiting your promised good. Grant that we may be your children. May we always find the paths where you can go with us and give us what we cannot give ourselves. May our whole life glorify you and our every breath belong to you. Through communion with you may we remain in your safekeeping in body, soul, and spirit. For all you have done and for all you will do for us, we ask you to accept our thanks. Amen.

Morning Prayer
Author Unknown
Dear Lord,
So far I've done all right.
I haven't gossipped,
haven't lost my temper,
haven't been greedy, grumpy, nasty, selfish, or overindulgent.
I'm really glad about that.
But in a few minutes, God,
I'm going to get out of bed.
And from then on,
I'm going to need a lot more help.

bluidkiti 06-01-2014 12:33 PM

June 3

Prayer to Walk with Christ Today

Dear Heavenly Father, I am learning to understand what your word says. Yet so often I simply hear it or read it and think about applying it, but get no further. I want to do it and intend to do it Lord, but it is gone from my mind so easily. I am deceiving myself if I simply hear it and do not make it a part of my life.

Please help me today to take one truth and apply it to my circumstances. Please let your Holy Spirit nudge me and remind me throughout my day. I know that as I apply what your word says I will find freedom. Please show me what I need to focus on right where I walk today, Father. Help me to be intent on practicing what you reveal to me. I know there is blessing in doing things your way. I give you my will today to want to do what you show me. In the name of Jesus, Amen.

Meditation

[How can I make Scripture more a part of my life?]

Prayer of Thanksgiving

Father in heaven, creator of all and source of all goodness and love, please look kindly upon me and receive my heartfelt gratitude for all that you have done for me and for those I love. Thank you for all the grace and blessings, both spiritual and temporal, you have bestowed upon me, my loved ones, and this community of prayer: Our faith and religious heritage; our food and shelter; our health; the love we have for one another; and the lives of our Lord and friends.

Dear Father, in your infinite generosity, please grant us continued grace and blessings during the coming day. This I ask in the name of Jesus Christ, your only son, who has saved me from death. Amen.

Now the God of patience and consolation grant to me, and to all who pray in the name of Christ, to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus: That we may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Loving Father, help me that I may realize the depth of thy love. If I may be discouraged over my failures, speak to me hopefully and lead me out where I may find the right way to succeed. May I not be kept in sorrow, but find each day the happiness that brings a thankful heart. Amen.

Lord our God, you have made me in your own likeness and you love all that you have made. I thank you for all that has been positive in my life. I ask that I may live in such a way that I may learn from whatever I may find is negative or hurtful in my life. May my disabilities and weaknesses teach me how to be sensitive to individuals, that I may grow more caring and compassionate with others who experience difficulties. May I grow in strength of character through all that happens to me, living fully each day. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your many blessings. As I face each new day, Lord, may I do so with an expectation that You will prevail in my life and help me do Your will. Help me to guard my lips and speak things that are good and right. Let me refrain my lips from all evil. Lord, I want my tongue to be an instrument of righteousness in Your ears. Help me to keep my mouth shut when I need to do so, and help me to open it and speak when You are prompting me to do so. Give me the Holy boldness to witness to others of Your love and grace, and to hold my peace when I should. I ask this in the Holy name of Jesus. Amen.

Father, we are grateful that Jesus hears our prayers, knows of our troubles and intercedes on our behalf. But there are times when we are in need of the compassion of a caring “in the flesh” friend; one who will pray, listen, lend support, and interject thoughts, experiences or suggestions that help us to bear our troublesome burdens. Instead of casting judgment they lend a thought or hand in addition to their personal time to meet our need(s). Thank you for caring friends who bear with us, lift us up out of despair, and help us discover solutions that we, by ourselves, cannot find. Help me to be that kind of friend, in the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

bluidkiti 06-01-2014 12:34 PM

June 4

Prayer for the Morning

Good morning, dear Father; thank you for this day,
Help me to follow you in every way.
Let me speak as you speak, and do as you do;
Let me help others, as you help them, too.

Help me to be honest, don't let me play games,
Help me to grow, yet still stay the same.
Help me not to be selfish, to give of my heart, my mind and my labor;
Give all - not just part.

Help me to love others, my family, my friends,
Bless all of my foes, help me make amends.
Help me be kind, Father, where I am needed, let
Me give warm attention, and see all needs are met.

Help keep me busy, to strive for the best,
Help me not to be lazy, but find needed rest.
Let me come to you, Father, throughout the day,
Often to thank you, often to pray.
Amen.
Meditation

[Help me keep busy, to strive for the best.]

Prayer to Witness Boldly

O Holy One, I call to you and name you as eternal, ever-present, almighty, and boundless in love. Yet there are times, O God, when I fail to recognize you in the everyday routine of my life. There are times timidity clenches my heart and I hide my faith from the world and even from myself. Sometimes fear makes me so small that I miss a chance to express my belief. Doubts and insecurity suppress the wonderful wisdom I have learned, from your holy word, from listening to your teachers, and from the quiet voice of the Holy Spirit.

Heavenly Father, in the daily round from sunrise to sunset and to sunrise again, remind me again and again of your holy presence hovering near me and in me. Free me from shame and self-doubt in expressing my faith. Help me to see you in the fleeting moments of possibility and be filled with your courage and your word. In Christ's name I pray, Amen.

Blessing

May God the Father bless us; may Christ take care of us; the Holy Ghost enlighten us all the days of our life. The Lord be our defender and keeper of body and soul, both now and for ever, to the ages of ages. Amen.

by Æthelwold, Bishop of Winchester, 958 A.D.

Holy Spirit, I ask you to perfect the fruit of my lips giving praise. Thank you for this mighty weapon of praise, which stops and stills the enemy. I am joyful in the Salvation of my Lord. I greatly rejoice in your strength, O LORD; and in your salvation! You have given me my heart’s desire, and have not withheld the request of my lips. You meet me with the blessings of goodness…you give me life and length of days. You have made me exceedingly glad with your presence. Be exalted, O LORD, in your own strength! Amen

Dear Lord, so much of my suffering is brought about by my being out of harmony with Your will, but there is a quantity of suffering which is necessary for my spiritual growth. ... Oh Lord, remind me that even then, You are in the midst of it, sufficient for my strength, and that the beauty of the morning can be appreciated because of the darkness of the night. ... Sorrow is ever making channels for joy! Let me learn to praise You always.

In Jesus name I pray.

Amen.
(c) 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for loving us. Lord, You loved us even when we were unlovely. I am ever grateful for Your love. Fill me today with Your love so that I can be like You and love the unlovely and be kind to everyone, including the wicked. Lord, You love everyone, as You send Your rain on the unjust, as well as the just. Help me to love those who touch my life that are not always kind to me. Fill me with Your Holy Spirit so that my character does not change when people come against me. I truly want to be able to bless my enemies and do good to them. I know I can only do this through allowing Your love to come through me. I ask this in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

bluidkiti 06-03-2014 10:55 AM

June 5

An Old American Prayer for the Work Day

Almighty God, thank Thee for the job of this day. May I find gladness in all its toil and difficulty, its pleasure and success, and even in its failure and sorrow. I would look always away from myself, and behold the glory and the need of the world, that I may have the will and the strength to bring the gift of gladness to others; that with them I stand to bear the burden and heat of the day and offer Thee the praise of work well done. Amen.

~ Bishop Charles Lewis Slattery, 1903

Meditation

[I give thanks for the work I must do today.]

Now God himself and our Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, I pray that you direct my way unto you, and make me and all of us to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you; to the end that we may establish our hearts unblameable in holiness before you, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints. Amen.

Dear Father in heaven, we thank you that you are so near us and that we may be near you. We thank you that throughout our days we may be people who listen to you with all our hearts and minds, a listening people who can receive what is good and true for our lives and who can witness to the power you give us through the Savior. Protect us in all things. Look into our hearts and into the situation of each one of us, where many things are still faulty and unclear. Deliver us from evil, for the kingdom shall be yours. From you the power shall come. Your glory shall radiate from our lives, and men shall praise and thank you forevermore. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your wonderful gift of the Holy Spirit. When You baptized me in the Holy Ghost, You gave me a gift of boldness to witness and a desire to pray more. I also appreciate the power the Holy Spirit that enables me to resist sin and temptation. Lord, without You and Your Holy Spirit, I would be overcome by the enemy. With Your Spirit, I am able to resist the devil and cause him to flee. I also appreciate the freedom to worship You by praying in the Spirit. Through Your gift of the Spirit, You have also revealed more of the Bible to me. Lord, fill us all daily with Your love and Your Holy Spirit. Thank you for Your grace and mercy in my life, and the lives of those I pray for. We need You, Lord. Use us as Your servants and help us to be open to receive all You have for us. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

bluidkiti 06-03-2014 10:55 AM

June 6

Prayer to Do God’s Will

Oh Lord God, Father Almighty who created me and everything I see and enjoy, blessed and beautiful Jesus, love of my heart, bounteous Holy Spirit of God who is so kind as to be with me and comfort me whenever I ask, I thank you for all that I am and all that I have had in my life. Thy will be done, my God. I ask only that you let me know your will for me, for I am often confused or conflicted, and I seek your guidance. Knowing your will for me, let me be anxious for nothing. And I pray for the strength, the power and the energy, to accomplish your purpose. All glory be to you, one God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, who was before time and will be forever, Amen.
Meditation

[The presence of the Holy Spirit in my life.]

Now to him who is able to keep us from stumbling and to present ourselves blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.

Holy Spirit, help me plant the good seeds of righteousness. I expect to reap a crop of peace and love. I plow up the hard ground of my heart for now is the time to seek the Lord. Test me, O Lord, and try me, examine my heart and my mind for your love is ever before me, and I walk continually in your truth. I am a peacemaker planting seeds of peace and I will reap a harvest of goodness in the name of Jesus. Amen

Lord our God, inspire us to make our choices well and understand our responsibilities and the consequences of what we do. Help us to make good use of the opportunities that come to us. Lead us to be positive in our attitude, that we may work well with others and live this day to the full. Amen.

Lord our God, gather us together in one flock to praise you with one heart and one voice. Let this praise ring out on earth in the midst of all the evils that still confront us. We thank you for your protection, for all the help and deliverance you give us. We thank you for the hope you put into our hearts. We thank you for the hope that we may yet see great things done through the working of your Spirit, for us your children and for all peoples and nations. For your love will not rest until life on earth has come into your hands and all may rejoice. Amen.

The Lord's Prayer

Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy Name,
thy kingdom come,
thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those
who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

For thine is the kingdom,
and the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever. Amen.

bluidkiti 06-05-2014 10:53 AM

June 7

Prayer for the Day (inspired by Jane Austen)

Give me grace Almighty Father, so to pray, as to deserve to be heard, to address you with my heart, as with my lips. You are everywhere present, from you no secret can be hidden. May the knowledge of this, teach me to fix my thoughts on you, with reverence and devotion, that I may not pray in vain.

May I now, and on each return of morning, consider how I will spend the day ahead; what thoughts will prevail in my mind? What words will I speak? Will my actions reflect your will, or my own? How far can I acquit myself of evil, and live in the goodness and beauty of my Lord Christ?

Will I think irreverently of you? Will I disobey your commandments? Will I neglect and make excuses for any known duty, or willingly given pain to any human being? Incline me to ask my heart these questions oh! God, throughout the day, to save me from deceiving myself by pride or vanity.

And give me always a thankful sense of the blessings in which I live, of the many comforts of my lot; that I may not deserve to lose them by discontent or indifference. Hear me almighty God, for his sake who has redeemed me, and taught me thus to pray. Amen.

Meditation

[Let me address you with my heart as with my lips.]

For Those in Need of Strength

I pray, Lord, for all who will need strength and courage in the day ahead: For those who face danger. For those who risk themselves for others. For those who must make an important decision today. For people who are seriously ill. For those facing persecution or torture. I ask you, Lord, to give them the power of your Spirit, Amen.

Father, I am tried of walking around in sadness with this long, unhappy expression. I ask you to expose the source of this unhappiness, and forgive me for wrong perceptions about you and about myself. You have made me glad and I rejoice before you. I choose to be happy from the inside out, and from the outside in. I am glad and rejoice before you, my God; I am happy and joyful. My happy heart makes my face cheerful, and my eyes rejoices the heart of others. I am a happy, jovial, cheerful and tenacious child of God. Thank you Jesus for your joy. It is fulfilled in me. Hallelujah and Amen.

My Father, I thank thee for life and its faculties. May I not be deceived by gratification and miss the permanent satisfactions. Make me brave that I may be courageous in affliction, and not be dismayed over humiliations and disappointments. May I be kept in harmony with thy will. Amen.

Lord, show me how to learn from others, how to be patient, and how to persevere. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you that You have given us a job and a task to do. Lord, let us not view work as a drudgery or an evil; rather, let us be grateful that we are able to work. Lord, let us work with joy, and not complain and whine about our lot in life. Let us realize that we are working for You and You shall promote and reward us, even as You did Joseph in the Bible. You use men as instruments of blessing in our lives, and let us also be instruments of blessing to others. In our work places let us be a blessing to those around us, and thank you for blessing us too. Strengthen us for each day's tasks. Lord, use us each to contribute our portion to making this world a better place. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord. Amen.

bluidkiti 06-05-2014 10:54 AM

June 8

For the Spirit of Prayer

Almighty God, who pours out the spirit of grace and of supplication to all who ask for it; Deliver me, when I draw near to you, from coldness of heart and wanderings of mind, so that with steadfast thoughts and kindled affections, I may worship You in spirit and in truth; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Prayer for the Gifts of the Holy Spirit

Christ Jesus, before ascending into heaven, You promised to send the Holy Spirit to Your apostles and disciples.

Grant that the same Spirit may perfect in my life the work of Your grace and love.

Grant me the Spirit of Fear of the Lord that I may be filled with a loving reverence toward You.

the Spirit of Piety that I may find peace and fulfillment in serving You, while serving others;

the Spirit of Fortitude that I may bear my cross with You and, with courage, overcome the obstacles that interfere with my salvation;

the Spirit of Knowledge that I may know You and know myself, and thus grow in holiness;

the Spirit of Understanding to enlighten my mind with the light of Your truth;

the Spirit of Counsel that I may choose the surest way of doing Your will, seeking first the Kingdom;

Grant me the Spirit of Wisdom that I may aspire to the things that last forever;

Teach me to be Your faithful disciple. Animate me with Your Spirit in every aspect of my life, today and throughout the week to come. Amen.

Meditation

[Animate your Spirit in every aspect of my life.]

Now, oh Lord, I pray that you may lift up the light of your countenance upon me, and give me peace; in my going out and in my coming in; in my sitting down and my rising up; in my work and in my play; in my joy and in my sorrow, in my laughter and in my tears; until that day comes which is without dawn and without dark. Amen.

Father, I approach the throne of grace with joyful confidence. The joy of the Lord is my strength! Lord, you are my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. Thank you for filling me with strength and protecting me wherever I go. I stagger not at the promise of God through unbelief; but I am strong in faith, giving glory to God—strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Jesus is Lord over my spirit, soul and body. Amen

Lord God, I pray for a desire to work. May I not be deceived in my convictions, and work for that of which I may afterward be ashamed. Lead me into a clear conception of right and wrong. Help me to see as thou dost see, that I may walk with confidence in thy steps. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I am so thankful that we can run to You and find safety. Lord, there are so many things we face in this world that are dangerous, it is good to know that You are like a "high tower of safety." Thank you, for watching over me and my family and my friends. I also pray for the whole family of God and ask that You watch over each one of Your own. Guide us, Your people, in the right ways. Keep us from harm and temptation. Thank you also for the privilege of using the mighty name of Jesus, at which the enemy flees. May we all realize the power that we can have through the Holy Spirit, and grant us the faith to use it. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

bluidkiti 06-07-2014 08:56 AM

June 9

To Keep God in Mind This Day

Lord, let me begin this day in devout meditations, in joy unspeakable, and in blessing and praising You, who has given me such good hope and everlasting consolation.

Lift up my mind above all these little things below, which are apt to distract my thoughts; and keep it above, until my heart is fully resolved to seek You every day, in the path where Jesus has trod before me. Amen.

Lord, support me all the day long of this troublous life, until the shadows lengthen and the evening comes, and the busy world is hushed, and the fever of life is over and my work is done. Then of Thy mercy, grant me a safe lodging, and a holy rest and a peace at last through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.

Jesus is Lord, and everything is all right! Your plan is to prosper me and not to harm me. Your plan is to give me hope and a future. Thank you for listening to me when I call upon you, when I am praying to you. I love you because you first loved me. And I know that in all things, Father-God you work for my good because I choose to love you. I have been called according to your purpose. Even in the face of adversity I declare, “All is well.” Amen

Lord our God, may I learn to treat others generously, with respect, and with care and understanding, that we may all bring out the best in one another. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for teaching me that true wealth is found in You. Lord, truly, Christ is all that we need. Having a relationship with You will bring the answer to any problem I may face. I can trust You to supply all my needs because You promised to take care of me. There is such freedom in this knowledge. I know that every day my needs shall be met in You. Lord, help all my friends and family to rest in Your promises too. Strengthen us to trust You daily. I know when I am weak, You are strong. May we all look to You for our answers. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

bluidkiti 06-07-2014 08:56 AM

June 10

Prayer of Praise (from Isaiah 45)

You are the Lord, and there is no other; apart from You there is no God. From the rising to the setting of the sun, I know there is none besides You. You formed the earth; You made the earth to be inhabited, and you created me in your image to dwell upon it. All praise to the great Creator: You are the Lord, and there is no other. Amen.

Blessing of Mark

O Sovereign and almighty Lord, bless all your people, and all your flock. Give your peace, your help, and your love unto us your servants, the sheep of your fold, that we may be united in the bond of peace and love, one body and one spirit, in one hope of our calling, in your divine and boundless love. Amen.

From the Liturgy of Mark, 2d Century A.D.

Father, I thank you for all the pioneers who blazed the way, all the veterans cheering me on. I will never quit! I lay aside every weight and every sin that would hinder me. I fix my eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of my faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. I am running to win. I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Amen

Lord, lead me to look for the positive in all people and in all situations. May I help bring light to those in darkness, and encouragement to those who feel unhappy. May I show as much care for others as I would like them to show for me. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, we love and worship You today. Thank you for giving us the revelation of Your Word so that we may have the knowledge and wisdom we need daily as we walk in this world. Lord, help me to not to be one who thinks that I must speak about every situation that arises. Help me to guard my mouth and speak only when I can bless and edify others. Lord, I do not want to speak just to be heard. Lord, I ask You also to forgive me when I have spoken in-advisably and brought pain to someone because my words were not kind or loving. Fill my mouth daily and let me be a blessing in this world. Also, let me be a good listener as well and when I do give advice let it be Your Word that I speak. I ask this in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Lord, Almighty God, you are our Father and we are your children, who want to live for you through Jesus Christ our Lord. Strengthen and renew our hearts. When discouragement and fear try to mislead us, may your Holy Spirit help us again and again to hold fast, for no matter what difficulties arise, your will is being done and your will is good. Your name will be honored. Your kingdom will come for all nations. Your reign will come over all peoples, for they are all yours and must acknowledge that Jesus Christ is the Lord, to your honor, O Father. Amen.

bluidkiti 06-10-2014 11:35 AM

June 11

To Help Others This Day

Heavenly Lord, I pray that this day, you will continue to bless me, that I may be a blessing to others. Keep me strong that I may help the weak. Keep me uplifted that I may have words of encouragement for others. I pray for those that are lost and can’t find their way. I pray for those that are misjudged and misunderstood. I pray for those who don’t know you intimately. I pray that others will find your strength, so that they can love and help one another. I pray for those who don’t believe, that they may find you.

And when this world closes in on me, let me remember the example of my Lord and Savior: to slip away and find a quiet place to pray. Remind me, nudge me, let me remember to find you when I’m feel like I'm pushed beyond my limits. In Christ's name, I come to you, Amen.

Meditation

[Let me encourage others.]

Now all glory to you, great God, who is able to keep us from falling away and will bring us with great joy into your glorious presence without a single fault. All glory to you who alone are God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord. All glory, majesty, power, and authority are yours before all time, and in the present, and beyond all time! Amen.

Gracious Father, I beseech thee to give me wisdom for kind thoughts and deeds. Teach me true hospitality, that I may be gracious in my own home and appreciative in the home of others. May I not temper my hospitality for certain reasons, but have a genuine welcome for all. Amen.

“A Prayer For Strength For The Weary”

Father, we are encouraged and emboldened when we consider that in everything we experience today You go before us preparing the way. As we fix our gaze on the eternal peace that awaits the faithful believer we can deal with the temporal conflict here and now. We wait upon You in prayer and faith so that we are renewed in our strength emotionally, physically and spiritually. We are thankful that You give strength to the weary and increase the power of the weak. And thank You most especially for Your spiritual renewal that not only meets our needs now but for all eternity. Amen.

bluidkiti 06-11-2014 11:10 AM

June 12

Prayer for the Morning

Oh Lord, most heavenly Father, Almighty and everlasting God, who has safely brought me to the beginning of this day; I give you thanks for my creation, preservation, and all the blessings of my life. Grant that this day I fall into no sin, neither run into any kind of danger; but that all my doings, being governed by your will, may be righteous in your sight. Through Christ our Lord, I pray. Amen.

Meditation

[May all my doings be governed by your will.]

Dear heavenly Father, we do appreciate Your patience and love toward us. May we show this same love to those around us; especially to those with whom we might have a disagreement. Lord, grant us grace to be gracious and not get into contention with others. Lord, remove murmuring and disputing from our hearts and let us be joyful and peace makers. Father, guard our tongues that we do not say things that we will later regret. Forgive us when we fail You and give us Your grace to forgive others who have hurt us. We ask this in Your son, Jesus' name. Amen.

Harvest of Righteousness

2 Corinthians 9:9-10

Dear Father, righteous and gracious God,

You are the God about whom it is written, "He scatters abroad, he gives to the poor, his righteousness endures for ever."

You are the God who supplies seed to the sower, and gives the harvest of grain for bread, who multiplies my resources and increases the harvest of righteousness for me. How I thank you and praise you for this!

In the name of Jesus Christ, the truly generous Savior of mankind, I pray. Amen.

“A Prayer For God’s Comfort”

Father, Your rod and Your staff are a daily comfort to me. I’m comforted in the midst of my suffering because You promise to preserve my life, whether in this life or the next. May Your unfailing love, according to Your promise, be my daily companion and steady comfort. Not only is it a comfort to me but I can also comfort and assure other believers with these promises. Your name, Father God, is a strong tower where we can run to and be preserved as we deal with the adversity of this troubled world. We thank You for it. Amen.

“A Prayer For The Spiritual Battle”

Father, we thank You for the spiritual armor that defends us in battle and arms us for the struggle we encounter against the devil’s relentless schemes. This armor enables us to withstand the forces of evil, no matter the means or persons the enemy works through to try to weaken or destroy our faith. In addition to the belt of truth, the breastplate of righteousness, the gospel of peace, the shield of faith, the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit we know that our prayers and petitions are heard by You who intercedes on our behalf before our Father in heaven. We use our armor for protection and we use the sword of the Spirit and prayer for weapons to reveal, attack and defeat Satan’s strongholds. It is through Your name, Jesus, that we are more than conquerors. Amen. For inspiration regarding the spiritual armor see Ephesians 6:10-18

bluidkiti 06-11-2014 11:13 AM

June 13

Prayer of Thanks for God's Creation

O Lord God of Israel and God of the nations, you are the only God in heaven above or the earth below. I walk before you with all my heart. I bless your name in the morning when I rise and in the evening when I sleep, and all the day when your creation fills my eye. Bless me to remember you this day. When I see and hear the thousand miracles of your creation, let me see them anew, recalling that you have made them, and no other; that I may live in your presence among the common miracles I take for granted. Through Christ I pray, Amen.

I pray that I may be blessed every step of my path this day by the great God of light. May your sun shine upon me; as the moon moves the tide, may your Spirit move my emotions with every grace and magic; may my heart sing with the voice of your angels and my hearth be warm; and may this and every blessed day You have given me be filled with joy. Amen.

Giving Produces Thanksgiving

2 Corinthians 9:11-15

Dear Father, righteous and gracious God,

I believe that you will enrich me in every way for great generosity, and I pray that my giving will produce thanksgiving to you! Let my giving not only serve mankind but also glorify your name.

Let me glorify you by being obedient in every way to the Good News about Jesus. Let my contributions be an expression of my love for him.

Let those who receive what I give pray for me and long to know me, because of your superlative and surpassing grace given to me. Thank you, my loving God, for your inexpressible gift!

In the name of Jesus Christ, the truly generous Savior of mankind, I raise these petitions to you. Amen.

Lord our God, in the grace of Jesus Christ we turn to you, our Father in heaven and on earth, for we know your truth and your saving power. Grant that men may learn to look upward to you in faith and in trust that your will is being done on earth, even though so much seems to be the work of men alone. But your will is behind everything and we put ourselves under your will. We hope in your will. In your will we are certain that everything will be made right and good, to the glory of your name. Amen.

“A Prayer During Times Of Fear”

Father, You want us to have peace instead of fear. Therefore You speak to our hearts many times, “Fear not” and give us many reasons why we are not to be fearful people. The most compelling reason that we need not fear is that You promise never to leave us nor forsake us. You are our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble. So we ask that You embolden us and fill our hearts with courage in place of fear. As someone once said, “Courage is fear that has said its prayers.”

Prayer on Being Made Redundant
Redundant’ – the word says it all - ‘useless, unnecessary, without purpose, surplus to requirements.’ Thank you, Heavenly Father, that in the middle of the sadness, the anger, the uncertainty, the pain, I can talk to you. Hear me as I cry out in confusion, help me to think clearly, and calm my soul. As life carries on, may I know your presence with me each and every day. And as I look to the future, help me to look for fresh opportunities, for new directions. Guide me by your Spirit, and show me your path, through Jesus, the way, the truth and the life. Amen.

bluidkiti 06-13-2014 11:08 AM

June 14

Oh God Almighty, send me Your light and truth, to keep this day and all the days of my life. And may Your mighty hand protect me, and all my brothers and sisters who have joined me in prayer this day, blessing our homes and our lives. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I do thank you for Your goodness to me. Lord, help me to guard my mouth so that those things that are edifying and good will come out and not those things that contribute to a negative lifestyle. May I bless others with my tongue and never be guilty of cursing anyone. Let my words be gracious and may they bring healing to others. Let my words be kind and gentle and loving. May I reflect Your goodness in all that I do. Forgive me when I say the wrong things. Let me speak and pray the Word of God over my life and others. Give us all grace to say things that bring life into this world. I ask this in Jesus' Holy name. Amen.

Lord our God, in the grace of Jesus Christ we pray to you that your will may be done for us and for all the world. Through Jesus Christ grant us faith that you love us, faith that we may live in your love, that we may hope in your love every day and have peace on earth, where there is so much unrest and trouble. Keep us firm and constant, remaining in your peace and in the inner quiet you give us because Jesus Christ has overcome the world. He has truly overcome, and this fills us with joy. We praise you, Almighty God, that you have sent Jesus Christ and that he has overcome the world. We praise you that he has overcome all evil, sin, and death, and that we may rejoice at all times in your presence. Amen.

bluidkiti 06-13-2014 11:10 AM

June 15

Have mercy on me, Oh Lord, for I am a humble and miserable sinner. [At this point, pause to remember specific sins you have committed during the week and speak or think them.] I renounce all of these sins, heavenly Father, and repent of them, and I promise to make every effort not to repeat them.

Have mercy on me, pardon me for these offences and any I might have omitted from forgetfulness or ignorance; in the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior, I pray for forgiveness. And I pray that your Holy Spirit may dwell with me today and throughout the coming week, to comfort me, to give me strength against temptation, and to guide me into the path of righteousness. Amen.

May I go forth filled with the joy and confidence of your Spirit; and may everything I do this day, in word or deed, be done in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father. Amen.

Dear Lord, open my eyes that I may recognize the evidence of Your love and faithfulness all around me. ... Open my spiritual ears that I may more truly hear Your spoken words, and understand how getting to know You can impact my life for the better. ... Open my heart that I may be more sensitive to the needs and concerns of others. ... Let my spirit sense how You would have me use my time, my talents and my monies for Your glory. ... Help me to abandon my role as a spectator and choose to be a PLAYER for You!

In the name of Jesus I pray.

Amen.
© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

My Father, if rain may come today, may I realize its help, with the power of the sun, to increase life; and may its influence be sweet and wholesome to me, as I learn that sadness is temporary and will disappear with the coming of gladness. May I go search for the joy that may be mine today. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for my good husband. I am most blessed, Lord. I pray for those who are seeking a good mate, that they will be guided by Your Holy Spirit and find just the right person with whom they will share their lives. Lord, I also pray for those who are already married and ask that You strengthen the good marriages and heal those marriages that have suffered wounds and hurts. May each mate seek more of Your love and be willing to lay down their lives for each other. Let us all be filled with more of Your love daily. May love pour from me today no matter what I face. I ask this in the name of the Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Christ, Our Measuring Stick

2 Corinthians 10:7-14

Dear Father, source of our joy and our pride,

Sometimes we are blind. We don't see what is right before our eyes. Help us to look that we may see, listen that we may hear.

Thank you, Father, that Christ has purchased me and that I belong to him. Thank you for the authority I have in him to build others up. Never let me do anything that would tear down or destroy.

Help me to be entirely honest. Let what I say about others in their absence be the same as I would say in their presence.

Help me be self-critical and not to measure myself by what others say or do. Let me honestly measure myself by the Lord.

In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

Lord God, help us who are allowed to hear your Word. Help us come with all our hearts to the Savior, who leads us into your arms. Hear our pleading and let your countenance shine over the world. Send a new age soon, a new salvation to the earth, to the glory of your name. Show us that what we have learned about you is the truth and that we may live in the truth and find the way through to heaven, to the glory of your name. Hear us, O Lord our God. Often it seems that you are far away. But we know that our voices still reach you and that those roused by your Holy Spirit will become your workers for the Lord Jesus. Send your Spirit soon, O Lord God. Send the Comforter, who leads us into all light and all truth. We entrust ourselves and our daily lives to you. We want to be faithful. Help us to be your children, to remember at every step that we belong to you, Lord God. No matter how dark it is on earth, help us remember that we are with you, your children in eternity. Amen.

Our Father who art in heaven Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors, and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil, for thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory forever and ever. God bless each and every father today, and may they take Your example as our Heavenly Father. Amen.