Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Born into Privilege (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3496)

bluidkiti 04-24-2014 11:27 AM

Born into Privilege

Born into Privilege
TODAY’S SCRIPTURE
“Beloved, we are God’s children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared...”
(1 John 3:2, ESV)
TODAY’S WORD from Joel and Victoria

What if you had been born to the Rockefeller family? You’d expect to have some advantages, wouldn’t you? If you were born into the Kennedy family or the Bill Gates family, you’d probably get preferential treatment. You’d expect things that other people may not expect.

The good news today is that when you receive Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior, you are born again into the right family! You come from a royal bloodline. Your Father owns everything. He has special connections. Now you need to hold your head up high and start expecting to stand out from the crowd. Start expecting good breaks, divine connections and opportunities to come your way. You have favor because of who your Father is. You are born into privilege, so expect His abundant favor on your life today!
A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father, thank You for receiving me into Your family. Thank You for pouring out Your abundant blessing on me. I love You and bless You because You are good and Your mercy endures forever in Jesus’ name. Amen.

MajestyJo 04-24-2014 06:23 PM

For most of my life, it was brought to my attention, that I belonged to the poor side of the family. My dad was the younger son.

I like to think, that when I came into recovery, I was reborn into Privilege. I was renewed, and all manner of things came as a result of stay clean and sober.

bluidkiti 04-25-2014 10:21 AM

My father died when I was 8 so from then on it was pretty much my mom and I. I have always said I always had what I needed and would eventually get what I wanted, I just had to wait sometimes to get what I wanted. I have also been blessed with a most wonderful mother who will be 88 June 8th, 2014.

Also there was and are wealthy relatives on both sides of my families. I have always said other folks money doesn't do me any good.

Thank the good Lord above that to be in God's family isn't based on how much money you have or don't have. Just come as you are and you are welcomed.

MajestyJo 04-25-2014 03:31 PM

Thanks for sharing. No matter how much we make or have, we spend accordingly. There are some people, who I wouldn't change place with for all the tea in China, no matter who much money they had. Money doesn't make you happy, rich people get sick too. It is about me and my attitude. Money can make you comfortable and make life a little easier, but as long as I have the thought of "more" in my life, I will never have enough.