Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Newcomers Recovery Help and Support (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   QUESTIONS??? (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2547)

MajestyJo 04-15-2016 12:27 PM

Quote:

Picking just one Step ummm that's tough for me they are ALL important. Some days it's the 1,2,3 waltz somedays its all the steps. Just narrowing it down to one for me is almost impossible. Each step has given me different values and different strengths.

One gave me the knowledge of just how little I control and just how crazy I am.

Two reminded me there is a God and He can help.

Three let me know I can make decisions, and that each persons belief system is, or could be different from my own.

Four made me take a good long look at myself the good. bad, and the ugly.

Five I had to share myself with God and another person

Six Finding the willingness to ask God for help

Seven Asking God for help

Eight Listing all the persons in my life who I hurt

Nine Saying I am sorry

Ten looking at myself daily to see if I am on the right track

Eleven Staying in touch with God DAILY

Twelve working the program in everything I do

For me there is no separating these steps. Yes I may have the need to work one particular step more than another but they all build one upon another. And without a foundation the house would come tumbling down.

Just my humble opinion but I think we each work the steps we need at any given moment according to where we are in our recovery and our lives.

Lildee
The Steps mean different things to different people. It is also a disease of perception. As a friend of mind said, "Put it on the shelf until you find someone who needs it and you can pass it on. Sometimes it is easy to give advice, but hard still to listen to yourself and apply your own words to your life. As I like to say, knowing the words mean nothing if you don't take them off the page or the post and apply them to your life. It is a living program and the 12 Steps guide me to a new way of life.

MajestyJo 05-16-2016 07:26 PM

Quote:

Sing your own song

"Since you are like no other being ever created since the beginning of time, you are incomparable."

-- Brenda Ueland

Great forces are directing you to conform to the patterns of your society. You have DNA that has been handed down from generation to generation, coding repeated behaviour patterns into your being. You have archetypal energies setting the standards for how you behave as a man or a woman, as husband or wife, as father or mother .... You are immersed in consensual reality, whereby the world around you reflects societal understanding of how life has been and is to be.

At the same time, you have an even greater force within you inspiring you to wake up and recognize the reality of who you are. This force, the creative power underlying the entire universe, is urging you to create brand new standards of reality.

The status quo is blind to our creative power. Create a brand new world for yourself, one that meets your deepest needs, and you will help raise the quality of consciousness of the entire world.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."

-- Gandhi

Why are you here? Open to more meaning and fulfillment by exploring your life purpose.

Higher Awareness - used with permission
Not sure these are based on 12 Step Recovery. A member asked for meditation that was spiritual in nature and not religious, something she could relate to.

We can not balance ourselves to the world and the people around us. All we can do is balance ourselves, be centered and connect to what I call my Higher Self, the part of me that connects to my God.

Don't think the world around us in today is what it is suppose to be and is a good example of goodness. We need to detach from that in order to find peace. Goodness is there if we choose to look for it. So much of it is covered up and losing it's importance in the great scheme of things in today, which seems to be 'more' and all based on the almighty dollar instead of an Almighty God.

Do you have a song to sing?

http://angelwinks.ca/images/thoughtp...ughtpod977.jpg

MajestyJo 08-21-2016 07:25 AM

Quote:

DAILY OM

Meeting Of The Minds
Fragments Of The Self

Sometimes it feels as if we have many different people living inside of us, expressing themselves in voices that seem distinct from one another. There is the inner child with its wants and needs, the angry voice that expresses its opinion and probably several more as well. With all these different parts of ourselves express differing desires and needs and opinions, we may begin to feel as if we have no clarity. It is difficult to know which voices to pay attention to and which ones to ignore or dismiss. Even if we manage to move forward amidst the confusion, doubts and concerns may linger in our psyches simply because they have not been fully expressed and examined. As a result, we may have trouble being at peace with the decisions we do make.

One way to handle this dilemma is to consciously make time for a meeting of the minds within our psyche. This can be done as a guided meditation or as a journaling exercise. In both we can summon the many fragments that make up the whole of who we are and give them each a chance to speak. This can be a helpful tool in the face of a decision we need to make, and it can also be a fruitful path to take in the interest of self-exploration and self-care. When we gather the many fragments of our psyche together, the health and power of the whole is greatly increased.

We can imagine a roundtable in which we gather all the various representatives of our being, allowing them to name themselves and giving them a chance to speak. We allow each one to weigh in, fully expressing the perspective they represent, and we listen without comment. As we listen, we may be amazed at the wisdom and energy stored in these fragments of our self. This gathering brings the fragmented pieces of our psyche into a closer relationship, enabling us to move forward as a unified whole.

What do you think?
When I came into recovery, I was very fragmented. I was a broken being that had lost herself and had lived her life through others and every time I picked up a substance or a man, I lost a piece of myself. The greated gift that recovery has given me is myself. To become whole and one with my God, myself, and with those around me.

http://www.quotes.jotoexplorer.com/w...47699495_n.jpg

MajestyJo 11-27-2016 01:04 AM

Quote:

The Language of Letting Go

Affirmations

One of our choices in recovery is choosing what we want to think - using our mental energy positively.

Positive mental energy, positive thinking, does not mean we think unrealistically or revert to denial. If we don't like something, we respect our own opinion. If we spot a problem, we're honest about it. if something isn't working out, we accept reality. But we don't dwell on the negative parts of our experience.

Whatever we give energy to, we empower.

There is magic in empowering the good, because whatever we empower grows bigger. One way to empower the good is through affirmations: simple positive statements we make to ourselves: I love myself... I'm good enough... My life is good...I'm glad I'm alive today... What I want and need is coming to me... I can...

Our choice in recovery is not whether to use affirmations. We've been affirming thoughts and beliefs since we were old enough to speak. The choice in recovery is what we want to affirm.

Today, I will empower the good in myself, others, and life. I'm willing to release, or let go of, negative thought patterns and replace them with positive ones. I will choose what I want to affirm, and I will make it good.

©1990, Hazelden Foundation.
It is my belief that we often overlook a lesson by ignoring the negative. A lesson can be learned and I believe that a negative can be changed into a positive. Nothing is all positive or all negative. There is negative to be found in the positive too if we are honest and truly look at ourselves.

For me, it isn't reality to only look at the parts of ourselves that we like, they can be few and far between, it is about looking at the parts of ourselves we don't like and affirming ourselves and changing them according to our God's Will, and with His help, we can change and become a person we can love and learn to like. The like is the hard part. I know I am loved, but not always liked.

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M...=0&w=300&h=300

MajestyJo 12-09-2016 12:30 AM

“Do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?”

In the past, being right was my priority! That was when I was married and that was 30 years ago.

Sometimes I feel it is important to stand up for what I believe in. I would be unhappy if I devalued who I am and what I believe in and yet, I don't have to argue to the extent that I invade someone else's space, disrespect someone else as a person, or judge somone by what they believe and think my way is the only way.

It is again about agreeing to disagree. That makes me happy.

Happiness is a choice. A few years ago someone said to me, "You are not happy." I had to look at it and saw it was from their perspective. It might not have been always Hip, Hip, Hurrah! Yet just being able to be in the moment and enjoy it for what it is, makes me happy in today.

An attitude of gratitude goes along way to my happiness in today. As they say, compromise is a good thing. We not only need to learn to give, we need to learn to receive.

Don't want my happiness at the expense of others. It depends on what I need to do to maintain my happiness. I don't want to be abused and disrespected as a person, it is about setting boundaries, often lately, it has been about negotiating them.

http://www.angelwinks.ca/images/christmas/canimal1.jpg

Chrissy from Barrie 06-11-2017 05:58 AM

WIN acronym

Hi jo, just wondering if you know the WIN acronym. I am trying to remember it but having a problem doing so. Thanks :21:

bluidkiti 06-11-2017 07:14 AM

What I Need
What's Important Now
Wants, Interests, & Needs

MajestyJo 06-12-2017 03:21 AM

Welcome Chrissy, thank you for signing in and sharing. I hope you will continue to do so.
Thanks Tammy for answering, because I didn't know.

I come from your neck of the woods. I worked in Barrie many moons ago.

http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Animals/Cats/2_cats.gif