Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verses - August (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11638)

bluidkiti 08-01-2017 07:28 AM

Bible Verses - August

August 1

Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me. Revelation 3:20

Matthew 5:14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden.

I can do all this through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 15:57

Splendor and majesty are before him; strength and joy are in his dwelling place. – 1 Chronicles 16:27

"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;" Matthew 5:44

1 Peter 2:24 “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.”

bluidkiti 08-02-2017 07:49 AM

August 2

Isaiah 30:18 Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!

"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty." Psalms 91:1

I will praise you, Lord, among the nations; I will sing of you among the peoples. Psalm 108:3

By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence. - 2 Peter 1:3

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding; in all your ways know him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

bluidkiti 08-03-2017 07:28 AM

August 3

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16–18

Philippian 2:3-4 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.

"Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you." Luke 6:28

And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful. - Colossians 3:15

“If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.” - James 1:5

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths” (Proverbs 3:5-6)

bluidkiti 08-04-2017 05:58 AM

August 4

Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV) ...but when you are tempted, God will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. – Matthew 5:16

bluidkiti 08-05-2017 05:54 AM

August 5

James 1:5-6 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.

"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." Matthew 5:9

My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Psalm 62:7

But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness. - 1 John 1:9

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!” – Isaiah 6:8

The Word became human and lived here on earth among us. John 1:14

"But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

bluidkiti 08-06-2017 06:23 AM

August 6

Matthew 17:20 He replied, "Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age. Titus 2:11-12

Mark 11:25 And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.”

bluidkiti 08-07-2017 06:06 AM

August 7

You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. Genesis 50:20

Psalm 56:8 You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book.

"Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 5:3

Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, saying: “To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!” Revelation 5:13

God blesses those who mourn, for they will be comforted. - Matthew 5:4

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, – Psalm 23:1-2

Psalm 103:12 as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.

dwmoeller 08-07-2017 09:20 AM

If we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. - 1 Timothy 6:8

Thought: A loaf of bread, a shirt on my back, and Christ.......I AM RICH!!

bluidkiti 08-08-2017 05:41 AM

August 8

(20) Now it was reported to Him, “Your mother and your brothers are standing outside, wanting to see You”. (21) But answering He said to them, “My mother and My brothers are these who are hearing the word of God and doing it”. Luke 8:20-21

John 12:26 Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.

"I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears." Psalms 34:4

He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. Psalm 91:4

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus. Philippians 2:3–5

Let the words of Christ, in all their richness, live in your hearts and make you wise. Colossians 3:16

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 2:25 (NLT): Once you were wandering like lost sheep. But now you have turned to your Shepherd, the Guardian of your souls.

Today’s Thought: Isn’t it wonderful to know that God guards our soul? This doesn’t mean we will not have trials. It does mean, however, that we have someone to lean on when life gets almost unbearable. He will never leave nor forsake you (see John 14:16) and will never put on you more then you can bear.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for guarding my soul & never leaving my. I pray that You help me put my full trust in You. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us. — 1 Peter 2:12

Romans 10:9-10 9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

dwmoeller 08-08-2017 08:55 AM

You understand, O Lord; remember me and care for me. - Jeremiah 15:15

Thought: The Lord has walked the walk. He knows and cares.

bluidkiti 08-09-2017 07:10 AM

August 9

Do not be overcome with evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21

Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Romans 12:9-10

Proverbs 18:10 The name of the Lord is a fortified tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.

"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." Matthew 5:6

For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them. Matthew 18:20

1 Corinthians 10:31 (NIV) ...whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

Thought: Every "insignificant" task is an opportunity to do something "divine."

All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. - 2 Timothy 3:16

“He said to them, ‘Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.’” (Mark 16:15)

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength. – Philippians 4:12-13

The grass withers, and the flowers fall away. But the word of the Lord will last forever. 1 Peter 1:24-25

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 3:1-2 (NLT): In the same way, you wives must accept the authority of your husbands, even those who refuse to accept the Good News. Your godly lives will speak to them better than any words. They will be won over by watching your pure, godly behavior.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me to be a Godly spouse so You can be glorified in everything I do. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

The LORD is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. —Psalm 103:8

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. — Matthew 6:19-21

Matthew 5:44-48 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

"Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." John 8:12

Proverbs 19:11 A person’s wisdom yields patience; it is to one’s glory to overlook an offense.

bluidkiti 08-10-2017 03:06 AM

August 10

Colossians 4:2 Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.

"I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety." Psalms 4:8

In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus. Philippians 2:5

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?...No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. Romans 8:35, 37

For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless. —Psalm 84:11

Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. — Colossians 4:5

Mark 9:38-41
Whoever Is Not Against Us Is for Us
“Teacher,” said John, “we saw someone driving out demons in your name and we told him to stop, because he was not one of us.”
“Do not stop him,” Jesus said. “For no one who does a miracle in my name can in the next moment say anything bad about me, for whoever is not against us is for us. Truly I tell you, anyone who gives you a cup of water in my name because you belong to the Messiah will certainly not lose their reward.

Lamentations 3:31-32 31 For no one is cast off by the Lord forever. 32 Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love.

bluidkiti 08-11-2017 06:16 AM

August 11

‘The Lord sets prisoners free, the Lord gives sight to the blind, the Lord lifts up those who are bowed down … The Lord reigns for ever’ (Psalm 146:7–10). Praise God for his kingdom of justice and peace!

Ephesians 4:11-12 So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up.

As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him. Psalm 18:30

How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, "Your God reigns!" Listen! Your watchmen lift up their voices; together they shout for joy. When the Lord returns to Zion, they will see it with their own eyes. Isaiah 52:7–8

1 Corinthians 10:33 (NIV) ...For I am not seeking my own good, but the good of many, so that they may be saved.

Thought: God calls us to live life differently because He has a bigger mission in mind.

A truly wise person uses few words; a person with understanding is even-tempered. - Proverbs 17:27

“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” – John 3:16

I have always believed you are the Messiah, the Son of God, the one who has come into the world from God. John 11:27

“All this I have spoken while still with you. But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. – John 14:25-26

And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you. —Romans 8:11

But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. — 1 Peter 3:15

dwmoeller 08-11-2017 08:12 AM

When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart's delight. - Jeremiah 15:16

Thought: Like ice cream set before a starving child, so your words, Lord, bring joy.

bluidkiti 08-12-2017 09:32 AM

August 12

"I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies." Psalms 18:3

The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. Psalm 28:7

And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. - Romans 8:28

The Father and I are one. John 10:30

Jesus replied: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." Matthew 22:37

Psalm 18:1-3
For the director of music. Of David the servant of the Lord. He sang to the Lord the words of this song when the Lord delivered him from the hand of all his enemies and from the hand of Saul. He said:
I love you, Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
I called to the Lord, who is worthy of praise,
and I have been saved from my enemies.

Habakkuk 3:17-18 17 Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, 18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior.

bluidkiti 08-13-2017 06:40 AM

August 13

Ephesians 6:10-11 10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:" Ephesians 1:3

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 3:8 (NLT): Finally, all of you should be of one mind, full of sympathy toward each other, loving one another with tender hearts and humble minds.

Today’s Thought: Being in one mind, working together and being sympathetic towards each other goes a long way. We are here for one purpose: to lead people to Christ. Imagine how many more lives can be touched if we all would work together!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me work together with my fellow brothers & sisters so more people will come to You. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. —John 15:13

Isaiah 33:2 LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress.

bluidkiti 08-14-2017 07:02 AM

August 14

He said: "Listen, King Jehoshaphat and all who live in Judah and Jerusalem! This is what the LORD says to you: 'Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's. ... You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the LORD will give you, O Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the LORD will be with you.'" 2 Chronicles 20:15,17

Colossians 2:7 Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.

"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well." Psalms 139:14

The Lord is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1

He called you to salvation when we told you the Good News; now you can share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. - 2 Thessalonians 2:14

May the Lord make your love grow and overflow to each other and to everyone else. 1 Thessalonians 3:12

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 3:9 (NLT): Don't repay evil for evil. Don't retaliate when people say unkind things about you. Instead, pay them back with a blessing. That is what God wants you to do, and he will bless you for it.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me bless those who curse me. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 16 May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, 17 encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.

dwmoeller 08-14-2017 08:21 AM

The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off -- for all whom the Lord our God will call. - Acts 2:19

Thought: God's promises are always good, everywhere. Pass them on.

bluidkiti 08-15-2017 06:57 AM

August 15

‘Thank you, Father, for making everything new!’

2 Timothy 2:15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.

"But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." Matthew 4:4

For God saved us and called us to live a holy life. He did this, not because we deserved it, but because that was his plan from before the beginning of time - to show us his grace through Christ Jesus. - 2 Timothy 1:9

"You are the God who sees me..." - Genesis 16:13

Lord, let your constant love surround us, for our hopes are in you alone” Psalm 33:22

Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always. — Psalms 105:4

Psalm 147:3 He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

bluidkiti 08-16-2017 06:36 AM

August 17

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? ... I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:35,38-39

Psalm 18:2 The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

"I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust."
Psalms 91:2

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

"Forasmuch as there is none like unto thee, O LORD; thou art great, and thy name is great in might." Jeremiah 10:6

James 1:2-4 2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

bluidkiti 08-17-2017 05:54 AM

August 17

The Lord Jesus is after our hearts. Come to him today just as you are.

2 Corinthians 4:15 All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God.

"But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it." Luke 11:28

“Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.” ~ Jesus, Matthew 4:4

You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit — fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. —John 15:16

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. – Matthew 5:6

bluidkiti 08-18-2017 07:01 AM

August 18

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. – Matthew 5:6

Luke 3:11 John answered, "Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same."

"In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me." Psalms 56:11

Colossians 3:12 (NIV) Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

Thought: Always remember who you represent and whose name you bear.

Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. – Matthew 5:7

James 1:27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

bluidkiti 08-19-2017 06:45 AM

August 19

James 1:19 My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,

"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin." 1 John 1:7

For every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything. Hebrews 3:4

How amazing are the deeds of the Lord! All who delight in him should ponder them. - Psalm 111:2

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen Ephesians 4:29

We love because he first loved us. —1 John 4:19

bluidkiti 08-20-2017 08:05 AM

August 20

Isaiah 1:18 “Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the Lord. “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.

"In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust..." Psalms 56:4

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. Romans 8:1

...Great and marvelous are your works, O Lord God, the Almighty. Just and true are your ways, O King of the nations. - Revelation 15:3b

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. – Matthew 5:9

Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:25–26

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3:12-14

The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself." — Galatians 5:14

bluidkiti 08-21-2017 06:16 AM

August 21

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me – put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:8–9

“A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” (John 13:34-35)

Matthew 5:3-8
“Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.

John 8:12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

bluidkiti 08-22-2017 07:13 AM

August 22

"In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion." Psalms 71:1

As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?...Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God. Psalm 42: 1–2, 5

Colossians 3:13 (TLB) Be gentle and ready to forgive; never hold grudges. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others.

Thought: Bitterness binds you. Forgiveness frees you.

James 2:17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

bluidkiti 08-23-2017 05:27 AM

August 23

'With God all things are possible’ (Matthew 19:26). Meditate on these words.

Psalm 68:19 Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens.

Colossians 3:15 (NIV) Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.

Thought: Grumbling quickly sinks a good attitude. Focus on gratitude instead.

This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. - Psalm 118:24

“Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.” (1 Thessalonians 5:11)

Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates his brother is still in the darkness. — 1 John 2:9

Psalm 103:1-5
Praise the Lord, my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the Lord, my soul,
and forget not all his benefits—
who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

bluidkiti 08-24-2017 06:07 AM

August 24

Ephesians 4:26-27 “In your anger do not sin” Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, 27 and do not give the devil a foothold.

"Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation..." Psalms 25:5

‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven’ (Matthew 6:9,10)

Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone. Colossians 4:5-6

Colossians 3:16 (ASV) Let the message about Christ completely fill your lives...

Thought: There's simply no substitute for reading your Bible. Take time today!

God's voice is glorious in the thunder. We can't even imagine the greatness of his power. - Job 37:5

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 4:9-10 (NLT): Cheerfully share your home with those who need a meal or a place to stay. God has given gifts to each of you from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Manage them well so that God's generosity can flow through you.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me become more of a giver as well as being a good steward of what You have given me. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." — John 20:29

1 Chronicles 16:10 Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice.

bluidkiti 08-25-2017 06:48 AM

August 25

John 7:38 Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.”

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. Isaiah 55:8

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is – his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2

Colossians 3:23 (NIV) Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.

If you want to be my follower you must love me more than your own father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters-yes, more than your own life. Luke 14:26

“Create in me a pure heart, 0 God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me” Psalm 51:10

Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man. —Proverbs 3:3-4

"But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you." 1 Peter 5:10

dwmoeller 08-25-2017 09:46 AM

Every word of God is flawless; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him. - Proverbs 30:5

Thought: Seek refuge in God's Word!

bluidkiti 08-26-2017 06:17 AM

August 26

And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother. 1 John 4:21

"Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD." Psalms 150:6

Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. Psalm 25:4–5

For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them. – Matthew 18:20

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.
—Romans 8:26

bluidkiti 08-27-2017 06:33 AM

August 27

"Be very careful to keep the commandment and the law that Moses the servant of the LORD gave you: to love the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, to obey his commands, to hold fast to him and to serve him with all your heart and all your soul." Joshua 22:5

Ecclesiastes 3:11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

Today’s Scripture: 2 Peter 1:3 (NLT): As we know Jesus better, his divine power gives us everything we need for living a godly life. He has called us to receive his own glory and goodness!

Today’s Thought: God promises us that He will take care of us. We need to trust Him always, especially when you are in a situation when only He can help. He never fails!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for always taking care of me. I ask that You help me learn to trust You no matter what the circumstances are. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 08-28-2017 06:15 AM

August 28

1 Peter 2:24 “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.”

"Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms." Psalms 95:2

‘Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path’ (Psalm 119:105).

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. – Galatians 2:20

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. —Romans 8:28

Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. — James 1:12

"Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ." Philippians 1:2

bluidkiti 08-29-2017 06:58 AM

August 30

‘Lord, please soften my heart as I come to read your Word today, so I am ready to hear and obey you.’

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. — Ephesians 6:13

Matthew 5:43-48 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” – John 8:12

dwmoeller 08-30-2017 09:36 AM

Fight the good fight of the faith, 1 Timothy 6:12

Thought: Your faith is one thing worth fighting for!

bluidkiti 08-30-2017 09:38 AM

August 30

Hebrews 10:35-36 So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.

"Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all the earth: make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise." Psalms 98:4

“Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.” Ephesians 4:29

If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you. Matthew 6:14

“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness” 1 John 1:9

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' The second is this: `Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these." —Mark 12:30-31

bluidkiti 08-31-2017 07:06 AM

August 31

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. John 10:27–28

Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble. 1 Peter 3:8

Psalm 62:7 My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge.

Matthew 11:28-30 "Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

Isaiah 57:18 (NIV) I have seen his ways, but I will heal him; I will guide him and restore comfort to him...

Thought: God's there for you. Learn to lean on Him.

“Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think.” Romans 12:2a

Today’s Scripture: 2 Peter 1:10-11 (NLT): So, dear brothers and sisters, work hard to prove that you really are among those God has called and chosen. Doing this, you will never stumble or fall away. And God will open wide the gates of heaven for you to enter into the eternal Kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Today’s Thought: If we are constantly working at our jobs, it is a witness to the unbelievers, who you work with. You never know what impact your work ethics will have on people. Work as if you are working for God.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me work hard so You can get all the glory. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!