Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Encouraging Word - September (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4670)

bluidkiti 09-01-2014 11:01 AM

Encouraging Word - September

September 1

Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples. John 13:35

Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. May your gracious Spirit lead me forward on a firm footing. Psalm 143:10

Jeremiah 31:25 (NIV) I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint.

Thought: God's goodness is everything you need.

Today’s Scripture: 2 Peter 1:12-13 (NLT): I plan to keep on reminding you of these things-even though you already know them and are standing firm in the truth. Yes, I believe I should keep on reminding you of these things as long as I live.

Today’s Thought: It is good to be reminded from time to time of what the Lord brought you out of. It will be such an encouragement to you and those around you.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for saving my life! I ask that You help me never forget what You have brought me out of. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 09-02-2014 09:46 AM

September 2

With everlasting love I will have compassion on you, says the Lord, your Redeemer. ~ Isaiah 54:8

And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Ephesians 5:20

Psalm 78:70-71 (NIV) ...God took David...from tending the sheep....to be the shepherd...of Israel...

Thought: Maybe your current job is just a training ground for something else God has in store.

2 Timothy 4:5 (NIV) Keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.

Thought: God removes road blocks. Lean on Him.

bluidkiti 09-03-2014 10:11 AM

September 3

Learn to do good. Seek justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the cause of orphans. Fight for the rights of widows. Isaiah 1:17

Dear brothers and sisters, we can't help but thank God for you, because your faith is flourishing and your love for one another is growing. 2 Thessalonians 1:3

Psalm 31:15 (NIV) My times are in Your hands...

Thought: You're a masterpiece, shaped daily by His love.

2 Timothy 4:17 (NIV) The Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed...

Thought: His might always comes with His mission.

bluidkiti 09-04-2014 09:57 AM

September 4

"You don't have enough faith," Jesus told them. "I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it would move. Nothing would be impossible." ~ Matthew 17:20

No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice. My body rests in safety. Psalm 16:9

Psalm 129:4 (NIV) ...the Lord is righteous; He has cut me free from the cords of the wicked.

Thought: God makes a way. He will set you free.

bluidkiti 09-04-2014 03:21 PM

September 5

The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? Psalm 118:6

How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered!I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, You are still with me! Psalm 139:17-18

Acts 12:5 (NIV) So Peter was kept in prison, but the church was earnestly praying to God for him.

Thought: Who are you praying for?

James 5:13 (NIV) Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray.

Thought: God's ready to hear from you.

bluidkiti 09-06-2014 11:17 AM

September 6

Learn to do right! Seek justice, relieve the oppressed, and correct the oppressor, Defend the fatherless, plead for the widow. Isaiah 1:17

How kind the Lord is! How good He is! So merciful, this God of ours! Psalm 116:5

Psalm 6:9 (NIV) The Lord has heard my cry for mercy; the Lord accepts my prayer.

Thought: He hears. He knows.

Matthew 16:15 (NIV) "But what about you?" Jesus asked. "Who do you say I am?"

Thought: No one can answer life's most important question for you. It's up to you.

bluidkiti 09-06-2014 11:18 AM

September 7

God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence. 2 Peter 1:3

Shout to the Lord, all the earth; break out in praise and sing for joy! Psalm 98:4

Psalm 96:2 (NIV) Sing to the Lord, praise His name. Proclaim His salvation day after day.

Thought: You're called to reach many for Christ. Start with those who're closest to you.

Jeremiah 17:14 (NIV) Heal me, O Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for You are the one I praise.

Thought: Desperate? Depend on Him.

bluidkiti 09-08-2014 10:28 AM

September 8

Because you are my helper, I sing for joy in the shadow of your wings. I cling to you; your strong right hand holds me securely Psalm 67:7-8

Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous-how well I know it. Psalm 139:14

Ezekiel 47:9 (NIV) ...so where the river flows everything will live.

Thought: God gives you life. What will you do with it?

Psalm 143:8 (NIV) ...Show me the way I should go, for to You I lift up my soul.

Thought: God always has the right answers.

bluidkiti 09-09-2014 09:36 AM

September 9

Pride leads to disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom. Proverbs 11:2 NLT

And so, Lord, where do I put my hope? My only hope is in you. Psalm 39:7

Proverbs 12:25 Anxiety in a person's heart weighs him down, but a kind word cheers him up.

Thought: Lots of people around you have heavy hearts. Lift them up.

2 Timothy 4:17-18 (NIV) I was delivered from the lion's mouth. The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack...

Thought: Make this your confession as you minister for Him.

bluidkiti 09-10-2014 10:19 AM

September 10

Let someone else praise you, not your own mouth - a stranger, not your own lips. Proverbs 11:2

I wait quietly before God, for my victory comes from Him. Psalm 62:1

Philippians 4:6 (NLT) Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done.

Thought: Take the time to talk to God.

Psalm 143:10 (NIV) Teach me to do Your will...

Thought: God loves to guide willing hearts.

bluidkiti 09-11-2014 09:35 AM

September 11

Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. Romans 12:10

He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will never be shaken. Psalm 62:2

Amos 4:13 (NLT) ...The Lord reveals His thoughts to mankind...

Thought: God has a plan. He'll show you.

1 Peter 2:13 (NIV) Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every authority instituted among men...

Thought: When you honor others, you honor God.

bluidkiti 09-11-2014 01:41 PM

September 12

God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God Ephesians 2:8

Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you. Psalm 25:5

Proverbs 29:18 (MSG) If people can't see what God is doing, they stumble all over themselves; But when they attend to what He reveals, they are most blessed.

Thought: Get a bigger view of God. It'll change your life.

1 Peter 3:18 (NIV) For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God.

Thought: Jesus paid it all. All to Him I owe.

bluidkiti 09-13-2014 11:52 AM

September 13

Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of your love. Ephesians 4:2

I am counting on the Lord; yes, I am counting on Him. I have put my hope in His word. Psalm 130:5

Proverbs 4:26 (NIRV) Make level paths for your feet to walk on. Only go on ways that are firm.

Thought: Seek God's guidance. It's the only way to go.

Psalm 37:34a (NIV) Wait for the Lord and keep His way...

Thought: Need patience? Pray for it.

Today’s Scripture: 2 Peter 3:8 (NLT): But you must not forget, dear friends, that a day is like a thousand years to the Lord, and a thousand years is like a day.

Today’s Thought: God’s clock is not limited to our little 24-hour clock. Some of us have promises from God that we have been waiting on for years or even decades. He did not lie to you and you can trust that whatever He promised will come to pass!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me not to get weary as I wait on what You have promised me. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 09-13-2014 11:53 AM

September 14

So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you. Deuteronomy 31:6

We put our hope in the Lord. He is our help and our shield. Psalm 52:9

Matthew 18:35 (NIRV) Jesus said, "...forgive your brother from your heart."

Thought: Lip service ain't enough in the eyes of the Lord. Forgive, and be free.

Psalm 37:18 (CEV) Those who obey the Lord are daily in His care, and what He has given them will be theirs forever.

Thought: Still having a hard time with that "patience" thing? Well, while you wrestle, God is still doing what He does every single day -- keeping you in His care.

bluidkiti 09-15-2014 11:05 AM

September 15

Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases. Psalm 103:2-3

I will praise you forever, O God, for what you have done. I will wait for your mercies in the presence of your people. Psalm 52:9

Genesis 18:19 (NIV) ...he will direct his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord...

Thought: Fathers, leading your family is job #1.

Nehemiah 4:21 (NIV) So we continued the work....

Thought: Every God-given task, at some point or another, requires perseverance. Stick with it.