Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Check In (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   New to group (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21687)

Jan 11-02-2020 09:37 AM

New to group

I am new to this group. Been checking things out on here for a few days. Enough that I understand why my Dr recommended this site to me. I am thankful for him.

bluidkiti 11-02-2020 09:48 AM

Hey Sbrokefarmer, :17: It is great having you join us here. Please make yourself at home and let us know if you need help with anything. I am glad that you like the site. Feel free to pass it on. I look forward to hearing more from you. Have a great Monday! :)

Jan 11-09-2020 11:25 AM

I have been on Lortab for i don't know how many years many years. I have had 6 spinal surgeries and chronic pain. Looking at another major surgery in April. When I say major, I mean top of my spine to bottom. In order for pain meds to help at surgery time, I need to get off them, but I need to get off them anyway. I am on medical Marijuana as well. I was taking 3 Lortab per day and I've weaned myself down to 1/2 pill per day. That last half is tough for me to give up. Help!

bluidkiti 11-10-2020 04:59 AM

Praying for you. :42:

StephanieDolzall 01-17-2021 08:25 AM

Re: Jan

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan (Post 97511)
I have been on Lortab for i don't know how many years many years. I have had 6 spinal surgeries and chronic pain. Looking at another major surgery in April. When I say major, I mean top of my spine to bottom. In order for pain meds to help at surgery time, I need to get off them, but I need to get off them anyway. I am on medical Marijuana as well. I was taking 3 Lortab per day and I've weaned myself down to 1/2 pill per day. That last half is tough for me to give up. Help!

You can do this... We are here to help. 1 thing I understand is health issues and pain. I have 6 different issues with my spine from top to bottom, crumbling, creating osteophytes, spondylitis, degenerative disc, degenerative joint, deforming and taking the spinal cord with it, and I could go on and on. I also have Fibromyalgia and Lupus, plus other health issues. I don't say that to gain sympathy, I say it to explain that pain is no stranger in my life. But I am 100% clean and sober.

My sobriety date is June 4th, 2001. God is good and the support of those in recovery is essential to my (our) recovery. Pray, cry, reach out in recovery, and keep on going. 5 seconds, 5 minutes, 5 hours and 24 hours at a time... we can do this. :42:

Praying for you.

Jan 01-18-2021 09:56 AM

Support in time of need!

Thanks for the encouragement! I need all I can get! Say a prayer for me!

StephanieDolzall 01-18-2021 10:43 PM

Definitely praying for you. :169:

Larrylive 02-13-2021 12:39 PM

Welcome friends,

I'm just doing my (un)usual cruise through history, as I remembered I was an addict.
God is good. I hope you are too.

Be Well,
Larry