Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Inspirations, Poetry, Quotes, Thoughts, Etc (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Pause For Thought (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337)

MajestyJo 09-23-2014 09:18 PM

Have been surfing the sites looking for spiritual food because I have been hurting the last few days. Here is another good one:

Many times we come to a place were we feel very alone and feel that God has forsaken us. We don't seem to be connected to God and we don't seem to be getting any direction.

I was in this place not to long ago, and I came to the realization that: l) I wasn't hearing what I wanted to hear; 2) It wasn't time to move into a new direction because I hadn't completed and finished the feelings concerning where I had been and what I had done; and 3) I was still in the blame mode and not willing to take responsibility for my part.

A lot of what blocked me from God was my anger, and my inability to deal with the hurt, pain and rejection. Not only was their feelings in the present, but there were buried feelings that I hadn't dealt with and were in denial about.

When I am angry, I can't get to God and He can't get to me. Denial is a blanket which we often draw around us which prevents us from seeing and dealing with things until we come to a time where we are feeling like looking at and dealing with them, or the pain is so bad that we have to face the issue because staying where we are at is too painful and it is time to let go.

When this happens, all I can do is to continue to pray. Often for me, I need to pray for the blockages and walls to be taken down, so there is nothing obstructing me from God. I have found many times that people have prayed for me and yet, because of my walls, the healing and love couldn't get through.

The prayer of willing to be willing, has been a blessing to me.

I will never forget the time I had a situation going on while living with a friend. I did not know what to do. I left her, went upstairs, knelt beside my bed and I felt like God had touched me with His Hand and I felt peace flow from the top of my head to the tip of my toes. I was able to get up and do what I needed to do to help my friend. I have had a few special incidents where I knew I had been touched, other times I am just able to go within and know He is there.

Went into the hospital to visit a friend who had fallen off a ladder and broke his back. I went in to do a healing and prayer time with him, you could feel the energy flowing in the room, even a nurse who came in asked to borrow some from him. He said, "Sure any time." He left the hospital much sooner than they expected and were surprised at how fast he had healed. All things are possible through prayer.

Posted in 2011

Have been close to there recently, I felt connected, but the energy is blocked in my body because of swelling and I found I had erected barriers. I am working on them, with God we will come out on the other side.

MajestyJo 09-28-2014 07:45 AM

A young, new preacher was walking with an older, more seasoned preacher in the garden one day. Feeling a bit insecure about what God had for him to do, he was asking the older preacher for some advice.

The older preacher walked up to a rose bush and handed the young preacher a rosebud and told him to open it without tearing any of the petals. The young preacher looked in disbelief at the older preacher and was trying to figure out what a rosebud could possibly have to do with his wanting to know the will of God for his life and ministry. But, because of his great respect for the older preacher, he proceeded to try to unfold the rosebud while keeping every petal intact . . . It wasn't long before he realized how impossible this was to do.

Noticing the young preacher's inability to unfold the rosebud without tearing it, the older preacher began to recite the following poem:

It is only a tiny rosebud
A flower of God's design;
But I cannot unfold the petals
With these clumsy hands of mine.

The secret of unfolding flowers
Is not known to such as I.
GOD opens this flower so sweetly,
Then, in my hands, they die.

If I cannot unfold a rosebud,
The flower of God's design,
Then how can I have the wisdom
To unfold this life of mine?

So, I'll trust in Him for leading
Each moment of my day.
I will look to Him for His guidance
Each step of the Pilgrim's way.

Original Source Unknown, something I posted on one of Tammy's old sites

MajestyJo 10-03-2014 02:30 AM

MajestyJo 10-05-2014 09:13 PM

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...oodEvening.jpg

This looks like it could be in another section, but that is okay with me. This is a prayer I say, in one form or another, every day.

Instead of getting angry, resentful, and hurt because of my "A's" actions, words, and non-actions, I just ask that he be reminded that there is another way, and hopefully he will see the program working in me, instead of me, having hissy fits, shouting matches, and all those other behaviors that I picked up over the years.

As the slogan says, "Let It Begin With Me." It isn't about the "A" in my life, it is about me and my recovery. I can't change him/her, but I can change me and my attitude.

http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/v...Today/0199.gif

MajestyJo 10-12-2014 12:09 PM

We have a disease of perception. My perception was off, and I should have posted last week, so I am late! End of story, so now I will have to look for more material and find something that speaks to me and share it with you.

I remember this post. It made me smile, because tend to question myself and ask myself if my perception is in need of healing? So I try to pray each day that it BE HEALED!

This is a disease of perception. How I perceive things may not mean the same to someone else.

Not sure if this is computer has the blues or a flood of e-mails, or is it just all washed up? That was my thoughts when I saw this picture, what is your view? I think the original picture had blue water.

In the long run, what does it matter? For me, my computer is my lifeline. It is a two way street.

MajestyJo 10-27-2014 04:35 AM

Thoughts for Sunday,
October 26, 2014
“We all have angels guiding us…
They look after us.
They heal us, touch us,
comfort us with invisible warm hands…
What will bring their help?
Asking. Giving thanks.”
Doreen Virtue
“Open yourself to an encounter with heaven,
be as a little child.
Release your desire to the winds of the universe.
Trust your angels to catch your wish
and bring it to you
in a delightfully surprising way.”
Doreen Virtue
"Every time you see someone in distress,
you have the opportunity
to work as a team with Heaven’s angels.
You become the channel for your angels
to provide loving care to those in need.”
Doreen Virtue
The Angel Lady, Doreen Virtue, is Sunday’s keynote speaker
at the “I Can Do It” Conference!

Thoughts for the Day
Saturday, October 25, 2014

“People do not need saving.
People need love, support, and encouragement
that they can withstand any trials
and will always come out stronger,
wiser, and more compassionate.
I cannot shelter anyone from the storms of life,
or they will never grow, learn, and expand.”
Brian L. Weiss
Miracles Happen: The Transformational Healing Power of Past-Life Memories
“If you rely exclusively on the advice of others,
you may make terrible mistakes.
Your heart knows what you need.
Other people have other agendas.”
Brian L. Weiss
Only Love Is Real: A Story of Soulmates Reunited
“Come from the heart,
the true heart, not the head.
When in doubt, choose the heart.
This does not mean to deny your own experiences
and that which you have empirically learned
through the years.
It means to trust your self
to integrate intuition and experience.
There is a balance,
a harmony to be nurtured,
between the head and the heart.
When the intuition rings clear and true,
loving impulses are favored.”
Brian L. Weiss
Messages from the Masters: Tapping Into the Power of Love

Thoughts for the Day
Friday, October 24, 2014
“With everything that has happened to you,
you can either feel sorry for yourself
or treat what has happened as a gift.
Everything is either an opportunity to grow
or an obstacle to keep you from growing.
You get to choose.”

“When you're at peace with yourself
and love your self,
it is virtually impossible
to do things to yourself
that are destructive.”
“The more you see yourself
as what you'd like to become,
and act as if
what you want is already there,
the more you'll activate
those dormant
forces that will collaborate
to transform your dream into your reality.”
Quotes from Wayne W. Dyer

Thoughts for the Day
Thursday, October 23, 2014
"You will turn over many a futile new leaf
till you learn we must all write
on scratched-out pages."
Mignon McLaughlin
The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

"People don't change when
you tell them there is a better option.
They change when they concede
that they have no other option."
Michael Mandelbaum
“We must always change,
renew, rejuvenate ourselves;
otherwise we harden.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Thoughts for the Day
Wednesday, October 22, 2014
“You do not have the right to quit trying.
(The universe wobbles when you do.)
You have the right to quit Toxic People.
(They're contagious.)”
Dr. SunWolf
professorsunwolf.com
“Take control of your destiny.
Believe in yourself.
Ignore those who try to discourage you.
Avoid negative sources, people,
places, things and habits.
Don't give up and don't give in.”
Wanda Carter
“Someone's opinion of you
does not have to become your reality.”
Les Brown

Thoughts for the Day
Monday, October 20, 2014
“If everyone swept in front of their own door,
the world would be a cleaner place.”
Louise L. Hay and David Kessler
You Can Heal Your Heart
"Just remember,
there's a right way and a wrong way to do everything
and the wrong way is to keep trying
to make everybody else do it the right way."
M*A*S*H, Colonel Potter
"Be not angry
that you cannot make others as you wish them to be,
since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be."
Thomas à Kempis
Imitation of Christ

MajestyJo 11-06-2014 06:01 AM

Just for today: I will view the world and my life through the clean spiritual lenses of my program.

pg. 297

- Just For Today

This reminds me of my rose coloured glasses I wore before recovery. Denial sure can give you tunnel and blurred vision.

Love the concept of a spiritual lens. It brings me to a quote I heard many years ago, "Though I see through a glass darkly..." It reminds me to bring things out of the darkness and into the light so I can have an honest appraisal of them.

When I take off the blinders, I can see God in all things.

http://englishsbuffalofarm.com/tradi...0%20pieces.jpg

MajestyJo 11-06-2014 05:46 PM

Don't think away your feelings

“When emotions are managed by the heart, they heighten your awareness of the world around you and add sparkle to life. The result is new intelligence and a new view of life.”

-- Doc Childre and Howard Martin

How do you intellectualize your emotions?

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/insects-...flies/0234.gif

Many of us live so much in our heads that we intellectualize our emotions. We analyze, rationalize and explain them away so quickly that we don’t actually experience them.

Learn to honour your emotions at all times by being willing to feel them. Of course, you may need to exercise some judgment over how and when you express them.

"Learning to be aware of feelings, how they arise and how to use them creatively so they guide us to happiness, is an essential lifetime skill."

-- Joan Borysenko

(C) Reproductions Permitted: http://www.higherawareness.com

MajestyJo 11-11-2014 10:59 PM

Quote:

This is a one day at a time program. It is about my connection to my God, working my program, and how willing I am to practice it in all areas of my life. It just isn't about drinking and drugging, it is about my thinking that can take me out of myself, instead of going within, to connect with the Spirit within.
A good thing to read at the moment. I had a good day, and now I am hurting. Last night my feet hurt a lot too, and now I know why. It is raining. How easy it is to forget. It is simple. Acceptance is the key. The weather lets me know it is on the way. It is suppose to snow, even though it was in the 60s today.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...GXJEms5MtbocdA

MajestyJo 12-15-2014 10:19 AM

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...376cd1d2b5.jpg

LITTLE THINGS

It’s the little things we do and say
That mean so much as we go our way.
A kindly deed can lift a load
From weary shoulders on the road,
Or a gentle word, like summer rain,
May sooth some heart and banish pain.
What joy or sadness often springs
From just the simple little things!

— Unknown

MajestyJo 12-22-2014 07:16 AM

Journeys

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Courage

"Good timber does not grow with ease. The stronger the wind the stronger the trees."

- Williard Marriott

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

As they say, recovery is a journey not a destination. It takes courage to take that journey and I found that I needed to go to my God in order to maintain it.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/phone-24...stmas/0044.gif

MajestyJo 12-30-2014 05:12 AM

WHENEVER YOU FEEL CLOISTERED AND SURROUNDED BY DOOM AND GLOOM, know THAT THERE IS LIGHT AVAILABLE FOR THE ASKING. EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/phone-24...flies/0402.gif

If you look closely at what Butterfly is trying to teach you, you will realize that it is the never-ending cycle of self-transformation. The way to discern where you are in this cycle is to ask yourself:

1) Is this the egg stage: Is it just a thought or idea?
2) Is this the larva stage: Do I need to make a decision?
3) Is this the cocoon stage: Am I developing and doing something to make my idea a reality?
4) Is this the birth stage: Am I sharing my completed idea?

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/phone-240x320-cats/0062.gif

ONLY YOU CAN SAY THERE IS A PROBLEM!

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/phone-240x320-cats/0107.gif

WHEN LIFE HAS YOU TURNED AROUND, PRAY AND GET IT BACK ON TRACK.

MajestyJo 01-01-2015 11:16 PM

It is January 1st – the beginning of a banner year. So here’s a short, positive TO-DO list for 2015 – Five things to start doing for yourself:

1. Start being yourself, genuinely and proudly. – Trying to be anyone else is a waste of the person you are. Be yourself. Embrace that individual inside you that has ideas, strengths and beauty like no one else. Be the person you know yourself to be – the best version of you – on your terms. Above all, be true to YOU, and if you cannot put your heart in it, take yourself out of it.

2. Start making your own happiness a priority. – Your needs matter. If you don’t value yourself, look out for yourself, and stick up for yourself, you’re sabotaging yourself. Remember, it IS possible to take care of your own needs while simultaneously caring for those around you. And once your needs are met, you will likely be far more capable of helping those who need you most.

3. Start noticing how wealthy you are right now. – Even when times are tough, it’s always important to keep things in perspective. You didn’t go to sleep hungry last night. You didn’t go to sleep outside. You had a choice of what clothes to wear this morning. You hardly broke a sweat today. You didn’t spend a minute in fear. You have access to clean drinking water. You have access to medical care. You have access to the Internet. You can read. Some might say you are incredibly wealthy, so remember to be grateful for all the things you do have.

4. Start entering new relationships for the right reasons. – Enter new relationships with dependable, honest people who reflect the person you are and the person you want to be. Choose friends you are proud to know, people you admire, who show you love and respect – people who reciprocate your kindness and commitment. And pay attention to what people do, because a person’s actions are much more important than their words or how others represent them.

5. Start forgiving yourself and others. – We’ve all been hurt by our own decisions and by others. And while the pain of these experiences is normal, sometimes it lingers for too long. We relive the pain over and over and have a hard time letting go. Forgiveness is the remedy. It doesn’t mean you’re erasing the past, or forgetting what happened. It means you’re letting go of the resentment and pain, and instead choosing to learn from the incident and move on with your life.

And of course, if you're struggling with any of these points, know that you are not alone. Many of us are right there with you, working hard to feel better, think more clearly, and live a life free of headaches and heartache.

Received with thanks from my friend Carey in Texas

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/mammals-mice/0112.gif

MajestyJo 01-06-2015 11:43 PM

Quote:

The Power of Now: Daily Guru

"There are two kinds of men who never amount to much: those who cannot do what they are told, and those who can do nothing else."

-- Cyrus H. Curtis

"Compassion, caring, teaching, loving, and sharing your gifts, talents, and abilities are the gateways to power."

-- Jamie Sams

Need to let go of control?

"The world is not to be put in order; the world is order, incarnate. It is for us to harmonize with this order."

-- Henry Miller

Need to let go of control?

"The world is not to be put in order; the world is order, incarnate. It is for us to harmonize with this order."

-- Henry Miller

Ego believes that it needs to protect us from external dangers. Through control and manipulation, it aims to keep us safe. This need of ego is based in fear.

If we hope to live in love, we must become acquainted with soul. Experiencing soul brings a deep knowing that this is a loving universe. Experiencing soul also builds faith. We learn to trust that we don’t have to run the show. And when we do this, we tap the source of true freedom and joy.

"It is not action or effort that we must surrender; it is self-will, and this is terribly difficult. You must do your best constantly, yet never allow yourself to become involved in whether things work out the way you want."

-- Eknath Easwaran

"True spiritual surrender responsibly opens itself to the unknown."

-- Stephen V. Doughty

MajestyJo 03-02-2015 12:21 PM

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...j6jtYENKV1oPYg

"What shape are my thoughts in?" Wasn't too sure I liked the shape of some of them. I need to change the negative to a positive.

On inspection, I saw some inflated, some doubtful, and some a little tired, but on the whole, quite looking forward to the new things being implemented in my life.

I believe, I am my thoughts, so it is important that I exercise them, develop them, and feed them the fuel they need daily to be healthy.

What I think, goes out and comes back to me. We may not thinking it is an action, but we are a part of the whole, and that energy, be it directed at someone or something, has much more power than we often realize.

So going to make a conscious effort to do some mental push ups and get my thoughts in a row, may change a few, and hopefully some will develop into something good.

Good is God. God is good. When I think good, good things happen.

Was thinking, when I get bent out of shape, my mind often follows.