Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verses - July (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9182)

bluidkiti 07-01-2016 08:26 AM

Bible Verses - July

July 1

Mark 12:30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.

Acts 3:19 (NIV) Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord...

Thought: Give God the wheel. He wants to lead your life.

Give thanks to the LORD and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done. - 1 Chronicles 16:8

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 4:12-13 (NLT): Dear friends, don't be surprised at the fiery trials you are going through, as if something strange were happening to you. Instead, be very glad-because these trials will make you partners with Christ in his suffering, and afterward you will have the wonderful joy of sharing his glory when it is displayed to all the world.

Today’s Thought: One of the hardest things to do as a Christian is to trust God through trials. We are going to face them. Trusting God through them makes you stronger. Lean on Jesus, He cares and wants to help you!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me learn to trust You in trials. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

O LORD my God, I take refuge in you; save and deliver me from all who pursue me... —Psalm 7:1

Micah 6:8 NIV He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

bluidkiti 07-02-2016 07:22 AM

July 2

Romans 12:10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.

And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. - Philippians 4:8

Mark 8:29 NIV "But what about you?" Jesus asked. "Who do you say I am?" Peter answered, "You are the Christ."

2 Corinthians 3:17 (NIV) - Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

bluidkiti 07-03-2016 07:42 AM

July 3

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

No one is holy like the LORD! There is no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God. - 1 Samuel 2:2

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 4:19 (NLT): So if you are suffering according to God's will, keep on doing what is right, and trust yourself to the God who made you, for he will never fail you.

Today’s Thought: When one is in a battle it is often hard not to trust God. However, it is in these times we should trust Him even more. No matter how hard it gets, how much you want to “throw in the towel,” He will never leave you or forsake you!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for never leaving me. I ask that You help me learn to trust You no matter what I am facing. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. Matthew 7:7

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen. Revelation 22:21

bluidkiti 07-04-2016 09:02 AM

July 4

Galatians 5:14 For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. - 2 Timothy 1:7

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 5:7 (NLT): Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about what happens to you.

Today’s Thought: God cares about you. He does not just care about a few things, but everything! He cares about you so much that He knows exactly how many hairs you have on your head!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You so much for caring about me! Today, I ask that You show me in a tangible way exactly how much You care about me. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

John 17:3 (NIV) - Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

bluidkiti 07-05-2016 07:51 AM

July 5

Hosea 6:1 (NIV) "Come, let us return to the Lord."

Thought: The cry of God's heart goes out every day: "Come to Me."

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. John 8:36

Galatians 5:13 (NIV) - You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.

So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom. Psalms 90:12

bluidkiti 07-06-2016 09:14 AM

July 6

Hebrews 12:2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Hosea 6:1b (NIV) ...He will heal us...

Thought: God can fix what hurts, especially memories, scars and matters of the heart.

Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. - Matthew 6:33

Psalm 64:1-2 — Hear me, my God, as I voice my complaint;
protect my life from the threat of the enemy.
Hide me from the conspiracy of the wicked,
from the plots of evildoers.

We may believe that God wants to hear only certain requests from us. While it is true that we should offer praise confession, & respectful petitions, it's also true that God is willing to listen to anything we want to tell him. David, the psalmist, expressed himself honestly, knowing that God would hear his voice. God will always listen to us, and He will fully understand what we say.

1 Peter 1:8-9 NIV Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers. Galatians 6:10

1 Corinthians 1:5-7 (NIV) - For in him you have been enriched in every way—with all kinds of speech and with all knowledge— God thus confirming our testimony about Christ among you. Therefore you do not lack any spiritual gift as you eagerly wait for our Lord Jesus Christ to be revealed.

Romans 12:9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.

bluidkiti 07-07-2016 07:43 AM

July 7

Ecclesiastes 3:1 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:

Hosea 5:15 (NIV) ...and they will seek My face; in their misery they will earnestly seek Me.

Thought: When you're at rock bottom, the best thing to do is look Up.

Yet what we suffer now is nothing compared to the glory he will reveal to us later. - Romans 8:18

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. —Matthew 7:7-8

Psalm 18:30 As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him.

1 John 4:10 NIV This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

Luke 8:43-48 And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years, but no one could heal her. She came up behind him and touched the edge of his cloak, and immediately her bleeding stopped.

“Who touched me?” Jesus asked.

When they all denied it, Peter said, “Master, the people are crowding and pressing against you.”

But Jesus said, “Someone touched me; I know that power has gone out from me.”

Then the woman, seeing that she could not go unnoticed, came trembling and fell at his feet. In the presence of all the people, she told why she had touched him and how she had been instantly healed. Then he said to her, “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace.”

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20

bluidkiti 07-08-2016 09:36 AM

July 8

1 Timothy 4:12 Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.

This is real love-not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins. - 1 John 4:10

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 1:4 (NLT): For God has reserved a priceless inheritance for his children. It is kept in heaven for you, pure and undefiled, beyond the reach of change and decay.

Today’s Thought: Like every loving Father, God gives His children gifts. He has gifts just waiting for us in heaven. What an amazing God we serve!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for loving me even when I feel inadequate. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Philippians 4:4 — Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!

And Jesus said unto him, Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole. And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way. Mark 10:52

bluidkiti 07-09-2016 09:27 AM

July 9

O righteous God, who searches minds and hearts, bring to an end the violence of the wicked and make the righteous secure. —Psalm 7:9

Ephesians 3:20-21 - 20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

John 6:29 NIV Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."

bluidkiti 07-10-2016 09:31 AM

July 10

But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness. - 1 John 1:9

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 1:8-9 (NLT): You love him even though you have never seen him. Though you do not see him, you trust him; and even now you are happy with a glorious, inexpressible joy. Your reward for trusting him will be the salvation of your souls.

Today’s Thought: It is so rewarding serving God! He is so holy, worthy and awesome. Today, let’s dwell on everything He has done for us and give Him praise for it all!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for saving me! Thank You for all Your wonderful blessings in my life! I ask that You always remind me of what You have done for me. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

And they cried out in a loud voice: "Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb." —Revelation 7:10

Philippians 1:6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Jeremiah 9:23 Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches:
Jeremiah 9:24 But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.

Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. Psalm 63:3-4

Psalm 16:8-9 (NIV) - I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure,

bluidkiti 07-11-2016 07:37 AM

July 11

Matthew 25:40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Isaiah 49:23 (NIV) ...those who hope in Me will not be disappointed.

Thought: God will never let you down.

Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. - 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Jeremiah 32:17 “Ah, Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you.

Lamentations 3:19-24

I remember my affliction and my wandering,
the bitterness and the gall.
I well remember them,
and my soul is downcast within me.
Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:

Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him.”

bluidkiti 07-12-2016 10:49 AM

July 12

But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! - Matthew 5:44

Matthew 22:36-38 — "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment.

So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets. —Matthew 7:12

Matthew 4:4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’

Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him! Isaiah 30:18

Mark 12:30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.

bluidkiti 07-13-2016 09:38 AM

July 13

Philippians 1:6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Psalm 78:15 (NIV) He split the rocks in the desert and gave them water as abundant as the seas

Thought: God can do anything. Trust Him.

Make allowance for each other's faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. - Colossians 3:13

Philippians 2:9-11 - 9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Ezekiel 18:21 But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

Mark 12:30 NIV "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength."

bluidkiti 07-14-2016 07:36 AM

July 14

Isaiah 55:8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord.

If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved. - Romans 10:9-10

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. —2 Chronicles 7:14

John 15:10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love.

And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” Revelation 21:3-4

Ephesians 3:16 (NIV) - I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being,

bluidkiti 07-15-2016 09:42 AM

July 15

James 1:12 Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.

OSovereign LORD! You made the heavens and earth by your strong hand and powerful arm. Nothing is too hard for you! - Jeremiah 32:17

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. Romans 8:14

James 1:12 Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.

Philippians 4:6-8 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.