Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Forgiveness (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3149)

bluidkiti 03-21-2014 10:01 AM

Forgiveness

Sisters in Christ Worldwide

YOUR DAILY INSPIRATION

Forgiveness is such a hard thing; well, at least for me it is. Growing up, I always thought that if someone hurt me, I could hurt him/her back. It was almost as if it were a badge of honor I wore declaring to everyone this sense of strength.

I’m not proud to say this, but I will for the sake of bearing my soul, I have cut a good many people out of my life due to holding onto unforgiveness. As I look back and reflect on my life, I’ve come to realize just how limited my view really was. I thank God every day for His grace, His mercy and His love. How wonderful it is to know that He loves me despite…

As I have grown closer to God, I have come to realize that He requires much from me and one of the areas that He has been dealing with me has been in the life lesson of learning to forgive. In Mark 6:14-15, the Word of God says that to forgive people when they have sinned against you, so that God can forgive me of my sins. If I don’t, then God can’t forgive me of my sins.

This year a person, who was extremely close to me, hurt me. At first, I was angry at the betrayal and then I tried to do what I had always done when people hurt me, I tried to cut her out of my life. But God wouldn’t let me. I felt Him telling me to forgive my friend despite the hurt because that is His will for my life. As I have continued to grow in God, that scripture has grown to mean a lot to me because I know that I want God’s forgiveness. If I sin, I want to be able to say “God, please forgive me of my sin” and have Him forgive me.

It took me some time to finally get to the point of total forgiveness with my friend. While I basked in the desert of unforgiveness, God still did not give up on me. In fact, He encouraged me to forgive. I could hear Him gently speaking to my spirit reminding me that forgiveness is for me. If I let it go, I will be free. Then, as I slow-walked towards forgiveness, it seemed that every scripture or devotional reading dealt with forgiveness. God has a sense of humor!!!

Anyway, it took me a few weeks, but I finally, totally forgave my friend and let me tell you, it was the most freeing experience of my life. We are back to laughing and sharing again. And you know what, God was happy too. I could feel Him just beaming down on me with such love and happiness that I obeyed and forgave. He was right, forgiveness was for me. -Nina Fortson

“If anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do.” Colossians 3:13

Father, thank You for Your gift of forgiveness, because with it comes freedom from strife and bitterness and Abba, I want that always in my life. May I continue to freely give forgiveness to everyone quickly and permanently. In Jesus’ Name, I pray. Amen

MajestyJo 03-21-2014 12:50 PM

With forgiveness, a load is lifted from us. It is freedom from the bondage of addiction and allows me the freedom to be myself, instead of abusing myself and others. Thoughts can kill! Not only others, but my soul too.

Forgive yourself, God did.