Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Scripture Memory (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7354)

bluidkiti 09-15-2015 10:59 AM

Scripture Memory

Scripture Memory – Week 1
by Max Lucado

Welcome to the first week of a special Glory Days Scripture Memory Challenge.

In Joshua Chapter 1 God said to Joshua, “This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth. . .meditate on it. . .observe to do all that’s written in it. . .”

We all have battles to fight and strongholds to face. How do we fight these? By hiding the Word of God deep in our hearts. Start by memorizing Joshua 1:9: “Have I not commanded you to be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid. Do not be discouraged for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

Go to GloryDaysToday.com—and I’ll show you a simple way to memorize this week’s verse. And as you commit this verse to memory, remember God has given you power and he is with you wherever you go!

BW1 09-15-2015 12:04 PM

Thank You for a new aid to help grow spiritually

bluidkiti 09-21-2015 09:02 AM

Thoroughly Equipped
by Max Lucado

This is the second week of our Glory Days Scripture Memory Challenge to memorize a verse a week.

This week’s verse is 2 Timothy 3:16-17. “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.”

It reminds us that Scripture is a weapon useful in all situations. I encourage you to make 2 Timothy 3:16-17 a verse to memorize this week—your reminder that you’re being equipped for an eternal assignment that will empower you to live a life set apart for a holy calling. This is no guarantee of an easy life, but it is the assurance of God’s help. You are God’s child! You are indwelled by the Spirit of the living God!

bluidkiti 09-28-2015 07:19 AM

Claim Your Inheritance
by Max Lucado

This week’s verse is John 1:12.“Yet to all who did receive Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God.”

Claim your inheritance! As a child of God you have the power of God in you to fight any battle you face. He set us free so he could raise us up. The gift has been given. Will you trust it?

God said to Joshua, “Every place that the sole of your foot will tread upon I have given you, as I said to Moses.” The people of Moses’ day chose the wilderness. Don’t make the same mistake! Joshua didn’t. He took God at his word and set about the task of inheriting the land! I encourage you to do the same!

bluidkiti 10-05-2015 09:36 AM

The Life God Has Given You
by Max Lucado

In the schoolroom of ancient societies Israel was the kid with the black eye, bullied and beat up. Except for the Glory Days of Israel—seven years between the difficult days of Exodus and the dark days of the judges. Seven years in which the Jordan River opened up and the Jericho walls fell down. Joshua 21:43-45 are verses I invite you to memorize in our Glory Days Scripture Memory Challenge this week.

“So the Lord gave Israel all the land He had sworn to give their ancestors, and they took possession of it and settled there. The Lord gave them rest on every side just as He had sworn to their ancestors. Not one of their enemies withstood them; the Lord handed all their enemies over to them. Not one of the Lord’s good promises to Israel failed. Every one was fulfilled.”

From Glory Days

bluidkiti 10-15-2015 09:19 AM

Week 42 – “They that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.” - Isaiah 40:31, KJV

bluidkiti 10-19-2015 10:02 AM

Week 43 - Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. - John 14:27

bluidkiti 10-26-2015 08:39 AM

Week 44 - Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn. Psalm 37:4

bluidkiti 11-02-2015 07:37 AM

Week 45 - Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full. John 16:24b

bluidkiti 11-11-2015 07:14 AM

Week 46 - “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” –John 3:16

bluidkiti 11-16-2015 08:57 AM

Week 47 – “Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.” -1 John 4:7

bluidkiti 11-27-2015 09:12 AM

Week 48 – “Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works.”
- Hebrews 10:24

bluidkiti 11-30-2015 05:44 AM

Week 49 – “Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think about such things.” –Philippians 4:8

bluidkiti 12-08-2015 05:58 AM

Week 50 - ““If they obey and serve him, They will spend the rest of their days in prosperity, and their years in contentment.” –Job 36:11

bluidkiti 12-14-2015 05:52 AM

Week 51 - “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! - Isaiah 43:18-19a, NIV