Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Prayers and Prayer Requests (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Daily Prayers - November (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1406)

bluidkiti 11-14-2013 09:59 AM

November 15

Prayer of Submission

Dear Lord, I give you my hands to do your work; I give you my feet to go your way; I give you my eyes to see as you see; I give you my tongue to speak your words; I give you my mind that you may think in me; I give you my spirit that you may pray in me. Above all, I give you my heart that you may love in me. I give you my whole self, Lord, that you may grow in me, so that it is you who lives, works and prays in me. Amen.

Prayer of Thanks

For the gladness here where the sun is shining at evening on the weeds at the river,
Our prayer of thanks.
For the laughter of children who tumble barefooted and bareheaded in the summer grass,
Our prayer of thanks.
For the sunset and the stars, the women and the white arms that hold us,
Our prayer of thanks.

God, the game is all your way, the secrets and the signals and the system; and so for the break of the game and the first play and the last.
Our prayer of thanks.
Amen.

from Our Prayer of Thanks by Carl Sandburg

Finally, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, let me think about these things. What I have learned and received, let me do; and the God of peace be with us all. Amen.

Wisdom and Understanding

Father, in the name of Jesus, I listen carefully and hear what is being said to me. I incline my ear to wisdom and apply my heart to understanding and insight. Humility and fear of You bring wealth and honor and life. Thank You for loving me. Amen.

(Walking in Humility, Volume 3 of Prayers That Avail Much)

Proverbs 2:2; Proverbs 22:4

My Father, help me to speak the truth and guard the truth, that righteousness may be an abiding influence in my life. Amen.

We place ourselves into your hands, God our Father, knowing that whatever difficulties we face, we can never be losers because nothing can ever separate us from your love. May we live in your peace. Amen.

Dear Lord, please give me the wisdom to realize that with you I can change my life, the power lies within me.

“A Prayer of Assurance Of God’s Love”

Father, there is no mountain we climb today where Your love, faithfulness, righteousness and justice will not prevail as we walk hand in hand with You. We are assured of this merciful blessing as we find sanctuary in the shadow of Your wings. It is Your protection and covering that helps us to process today’s events through an eternal prism with eyes of faith. You are our Refuge, our Strength, and our Covering keeping us safe and secure from all alarms as we walk in the shadow of Your Almighty wings. Thank You for this wonderful assurance. Amen.

bluidkiti 11-14-2013 10:13 AM

November 16

"For Each New Morning"
For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food,
For love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
I thank thee.
Amen.
(From a poem by Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Prayer for Peace

Grant, O God, that your holy and life-giving Spirit may so move every human heart, that barriers which divide us may crumble, suspicions disappear and hatreds cease; that our divisions being healed, we may live together in justice and peace; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Relationships

Are you having difficulty in your relationships at work or at home? Pray with me today:

Father, in the name of Jesus, as one of Your chosen people, holy and dearly loved, I clothe myself with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. I bear with others and forgive whatever grievances I may have against anyone. I forgive as You forgave me. Over all these virtues I put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. I let the peace of Christ rule in my heart, by the power of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

(Walking in Humility, Volume 3 of Prayers That Avail Much)

Colossians 3:12-15

Almighty God, help me in these fleeting days that I may not use my time to consider and hesitate, but be positive in my desires and pursue them. Grant that I may have the strength to hold each day precious, and live it more than consistently. Amen.

Lord, there is so much that I don’t know, and I ask you to inspire me with a thirst for knowledge. I pray, too, for wisdom that I may use my knowledge well. I give thanks for many people I have never met whose knowledge and understanding have been passed on to me. I ask that I may benefit from their work and experience and may contribute, in turn, to the well-being of others. Amen.

Dear Father, thank you for this day. Please help me when dealing with others. Give me the wisdom to be kind and patient so they may do the same in return.

bluidkiti 11-16-2013 09:12 AM

November 17

Prayer to Worship

O God, you make me glad with the weekly remembrance of the glorious resurrection of your Son my Lord: Give me the peace to worship you with my whole heart and mind, forgetting the cares of the world, and dwelling with you for a short moment with my entire being. And give me this day such blessing through my worship of you, that the week to come may be spent in living knowledge of your peace; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Eternal God, heavenly Father, you have graciously accepted me as a living member of your Son our Savior Jesus Christ, and you have blessed me with the grace of forgiveness through the sacrifice He made for me and for all people. Send me now into the world in peace, and grant me strength and courage to love and serve you with gladness and singleness of heart; through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Father, I come to You in the name of Jesus. With the help of the Holy Spirit, and by Your grace, I join with the heavenly host making a joyful noise to You, and serve You with gladness! I let go of the past and come into Your presence with singing! Amen and amen! (Giving Thanks to God, Volume 3, Prayers That Avail Much)

NOTE: Lift your voice in a song of praise wherever you may be – in your car, in the shower, in the kitchen – a song will lift heavy burdens and lift your spirits.

Psalm 100

Loving Lord, you tell us in the Bible that whatever wrong we have done you tread down our faults to the bottom of the sea. We know there is no need to keep thinking about what we have done in the past, because you pardon the wrongs we have done, and you delight in showing mercy. You bind up all our wounds and you renew us by your love. Lord, you love all that you have made, and it is your very nature to love and forgive. Lead us to be generous in accepting and forgiving others in the same way as you accept and forgive us. Amen.

Setbacks into Stepping Stones

Philippians 1:12-20

Dear Father,

Take the setbacks of our lives and use them to further the proclamation of your Good News about Jesus to the world.

Let such things become a source of encouragement to our brethren when they see the valor of those who bear up under adversity. May every hardship spur your people on to boldly speak your word without fear!

Even when your word is proclaimed for the wrong reason, we rejoice, for your word of salvation is nevertheless proclaimed.

Father, we rejoice in the way you comfort and remain faithful to us.

We are thankful that the prayers of our fellow believers rise night and day for us and for the good of your kingdom.

In the name of King Jesus I ask. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for this day. Thank you for all you have given me. I am ever so appreciative. Please take my thanks and know it is from the bottom of my heart.

bluidkiti 11-17-2013 10:07 AM

November 18

Martin Luther's Prayer for Morning

I give thanks to you, heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ your dear Son, that you have protected me through the night from all danger and harm. I ask you to preserve and keep me, this day also, from all sin and evil, that in all my thoughts, words, and deeds I may serve and please you. Into your hands I commend my body and soul and all that is mine. Let your holy angels have charge of me, that the wicked one have no power over me. Amen.

Prayers for Those Torn by Alcohol and Drugs

I pray, O God of hope, for all persons and families whose lives are torn and disrupted by drugs and alcohol. Enable them to identify the illness. Strengthen them to seek help. Bless them with the power of your love, which imparts transformation and wholeness to those who trust in your name. Grant that as they walk this tortured road, they may journey together, bound close together in the bond of love. Shine your light upon them, Lord Christ, that they may see the path out of their misery, and give them the strength to follow it. Amen.

(from Colossians 3)

Let the word of Christ richly dwell within me all this day; and whatever I do in word or deed, may I do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father. Amen.

Giving Thanks to God

Lord, You are our God. You made us; we are the sheep of Your pasture. I enter into Your gates with thanksgiving, and into Your courts with praise. I am thankful unto You, and bless Your name. Lord, You are good; Your mercy is everlasting; and Your truth endures to all generations. I go forth this day rejoicing with a joyous spirit and a glad heart in the name of Jesus. Amen. (Giving Thanks to God, Volume 3, Prayers That Avail Much)

Psalm 100

Dear Father God, help me to understand where self-esteem ends and pride begins. ... You must know that today's teaching is that most people don't have enough self-esteem, and that children should be taught to "feel good" about themselves. ... Is it not so that You have created each of us with the gift of life, and an uniqueness in Your sight that comprises individual ability and purpose, to be discovered and developed? ... Parents should help each child to understand this, and encourage each to do his/her best. ... The more talented persons have more responsibility, but everyone has some quality that needs to be developed and used for one's own best interests, and for society's good. These are the blessings; the danger is in letting self-esteem become over-bearing pride! Help me to see this, Father.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

© 2001 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

God our Father, in good times may I live in such a way that I will be strengthened for the difficult times that all of us face in our lives. Lead me now to make positive choices to value friendship and loyalty, and develop attitudes and values, treasuring all that is lasting and important. Throughout difficult times may I build on the positive choices of my past, looking outward in the service of others and avoiding self-pity. May I grow in the faith that, whatever my circumstances, I need have no regrets but may entrust my past to your mercy, my present to your love, and my future to your Providence. May I know, too, that my faith in you is only a shadow of your faith in me and your love for me. Amen.

bluidkiti 11-18-2013 09:58 AM

November 19

What a Great Morning

Holy God, thank you for giving me another morning! I am lucky to be alive on your beautiful planet, so full of marvelous things and the beautiful plants and animals and all the people you have created in your image. Fill me with your Holy Spirit, now and all day long, until I go to sleep, because I want to live with you every minute of this day. The time and opportunities I have right now will never return, so help me make the best of it, Lord.

And let me remember this one thing: You know what you are doing, whether I can see it or not; so I will try to remember today that you are in charge, that you put me here for a reason and that, by your grace, things will turn out with your triumph and the Kingdom of Heaven, for all those who live by your grace. All praise to you forever, Amen.

Walk with me, dear Lord, so that I may not be alone as I face this day, but always in your presence. Your joy is a lighthouse in a world often dark with sin, and I pray that I may reflect the light of your truth, to inspire others as I have been inspired. In the name of Christ, bless me this day, and all whom I may meet. Amen.

Fruit of My Lips

Lord, by Your Holy Spirit perfect the fruit of my lips. Help me draw thanksgiving forth from my innermost resources; reach down into the most secret places of my heart that I may offer significant thanksgiving to You in the name of Jesus. Amen

(Giving Thanks to God, Volume 3, Prayers That Avail Much)

Hebrews 13:15

Dear Father, please hear my prayer. I am facing uncertainty and worry about the future. Please grant me wisdom so I may make the right choices in the journey that lies ahead.

bluidkiti 11-19-2013 09:00 AM

November 20

For Those in Need of Strength

I pray, Lord, for all who will need strength and courage in the day ahead: For those who face danger. For those who risk themselves for others. For those who must make an important decision today. For people who are seriously ill. For those facing persecution or torture. I ask you, Lord, to give them the power of your Spirit, Amen.

O good shepherd, seek me out, and bring me home to your fold again. Deal favorably with me according to your good pleasure, until I may dwell in your house all the days of my life, and praise your forever and ever with them that are there. Amen.

from a prayer of St. Jerome, 408 A.D.

Speak Words of Kindness

The law of kindness is in my mouth, and I purpose to speak words of wisdom. I realize that the words that I speak contain the power of life and death, and in the name of Jesus, I loose from myself an attitude of sarcasm, and bind to myself an attitude of kindness. I bind mercy and truth about my neck, and write them upon the table of my heart. When my words instigate anger, forgive me and help me correct my speech. When an angry person challenges me, help me remember that a soft answer turns away wrath. In the name of Jesus. Amen.

Proverbs 31:26; 28:21; Matthew 18:18; Proverbs 3:3; Proverbs 15:1

Dear Lord Jesus, let us re-read yesterday's prayer, and help us to make important the things You consider important in our lives -- the attitudes of our hearts. Let us seek to exhibit the fruit of the Holy Spirit, which can only be developed when we stay attached to You, the "vine,"* for without You we can do nothing.

In Your holy name we pray.

Amen.

* (See John 15:5)

God our Father, open our eyes to the wonder of all your creation - from the beauty of all that is close to us, to the fascination of far-away places on our own planet and far beyond. Heighten our awareness, deepen our understanding, and extend our horizons that we may have respect for all that is around us and discover your kingdom deep within us. Amen

“A Prayer For Seeing The Big Picture”

Father, there is much that we can learn from our temporal problems here on earth that better prepares us for eternity. As we work through these troubles, they enable us to have the mind of Christ so that attitudes reflecting the fruit of the Spirit become a spontaneous response to the difficulties that challenge us daily. Just as light, soil, air and moisture are requirements for growth in vegetation so must faith, prayer, self-denial and persistence in obeying God’s Holy Word be requirements for growth in our Christian walk. Help us not to become so caught up in viewing our daily challenges from an earthly perspective that we lose the view of our future home in heaven following the storms we weather here below. We stand in the strength of the Lord Jesus and in the power of His might. Amen.

Lord, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in time of distress, to you the nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, "Our ancestors possessed nothing but false gods, worthless idols that did them no good." Jeremiah 16:19, NIV

Lord our God, we come to you burdened and driven by every kind of need and oppression, but you will bring light into every situation; in your great goodness and faithfulness you will continue to help. We come to you because you are our help. We want to draw strength from your Word so that we can remain steadfast in these times, awaiting your help and already finding joy and certainty in our expectation. For your kingdom is coming, and your will is being done on earth as in heaven. Amen.

Father, today we place our needs before you knowing that you are at work on our behalf. It may seem that nothing is changing, but you Oh Lord see what we cannot. If we will walk in your ways, we will see that you are working everything together for our good. Right now it may not seem very good, but later we will understand your plan and purpose. Your timing on every matter is perfect!

“A Prayer For Being Alert And Sober”

Daily prayer: Father, You have called upon us to be sober and vigilant believers who are instant in season and out of season. We’re ready to spring into action to do Your bidding when we might least expect to be called upon. May the fruit of the Spirit; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control, be evident in our attitudes and actions as we live out our daily lives and relate to others while living self-controlled and sober minded lives. Through Christ Jesus we pray. Amen.

See Galatians 5:22, 23

bluidkiti 11-20-2013 08:51 AM

November 21

Prayer for the Morning

I call upon you, O Lord. In the morning you hear me; in the morning I offer you my prayer, watching and waiting.

I lift my heart to you, O Lord, to be strengthened for this day. Be with me in all I do, my God; guide me in all my ways.

I will carry some burdens today; some trials will be mine. So I wait for your help, Lord, lest I stumble and fall.

I will do my work, Father, the work begun by your Son. He lives in me and I in him; may his work today be done. Amen.

Prayer of Thanksgiving

Father in heaven, creator of all and source of all goodness and love, please look kindly upon me and receive my heartfelt gratitude for all that you have done for me and for those I love. Thank you for all the grace and blessings, both spiritual and temporal, you have bestowed upon me, my loved ones, and this community of prayer: Our faith and religious heritage; our food and shelter; our health; the love we have for one another; and the lives of our Lord and friends.

Dear Father, in your infinite generosity, please grant us continued grace and blessings during the coming day. This I ask in the name of Jesus Christ, your only son, who has saved me from death. Amen.

God our Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, and Spirit of God amidst us, direct our way unto you. Make us to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you; to the end we may establish our hearts unblameable in holiness before you, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints. Amen.

Strength

Father, when I am weak You give me power. When I have no might You strengthen me. I will wait upon You, LORD, and You shall renew my strength. I shall mount up with wings as eagles. I shall run and not be weary; I shall walk and not faint. You are my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? LORD, You are the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? If God be for me, who can be against me? Amen

Isaiah 40:29-31; Psalm 27:1

Loving Father, restore the spirit of gentleness and meekness if it may be withered within me, that I may be contented. May I make it a habit to be happy over my work and cheerful about my duties. May I never lose the view of the glory of thy kingdom. Amen.

May I be no-one’s enemy, and God’s friend. May I never quarrel with those nearest me but, if I do, may I be reconciled quickly. May I never plot evil against others, and if anyone plots evil against me may I escape unharmed and without the need to hurt anyone else. May I love and seek and achieve only what is good. May I desire happiness for all, and may I envy no-one. May I never find pleasure at the misfortune of someone who has done wrong to me. May I gain no victory that harms either me or my opponent. May I reconcile friends who become angry with one another. May I, insofar as I can, give all necessary help to those who are in need, and never fail a friend in trouble. May I respect myself and always keep in control of myself, being gentle in attitude and never letting circumstances make me angry with others. May I never discuss the wicked or what they have done wrong, but know good people and follow in their footsteps. Amen.

Fear and Trembling

Philippians 2:12-13

Dear Father,

Help me to obey your word, not only in the presence of other followers of Christ but even more when they are absent, when there's no one there but me.

Be with me as I work out my salvation with fear and trembling, lest I should ever think that I have earned it. After all, it is you, dear God, who is at work within me, both causing me to do your good purpose and to purpose your good deeds.

In the name of Jesus, our star of hope. Amen.

“A Prayer For Those Who Are Waiting”

Jesus, You made us to be time-sensitive creatures. Our schedules are guided by hours, days, weeks, years, seasons and on and on it goes. While most of our activity is decided by our prearranged schedules we don’t usually allot waiting time, but You do. You arranged it for the patriarchs of old and expect it of Your followers throughout the ages as we often find ourselves waiting and waiting and waiting. But it’s not a waste of our precious time, for You tell us that we are strengthened in the wait, as we depend upon You to work out the details for our lives. You’ve promised that if we wait upon You our strength will be renewed and we will mount up with wings as eagles. As we do so we’re refreshed in our spirit and find ourselves more patient, confident, and courageous as we wait upon You to accomplish Your intended plan for our lives. We look to You and are sustained by Your Almighty Hand during the wait! Amen.

Dear Father, thank you for all you have done for me. Please help me be strong as I face a day full of uncertainty and worry. Help me accept things as they are and understand there is a reason for everything.

bluidkiti 11-21-2013 09:53 AM

November 22

For a Steady Mind While at Prayer

O Lord, take from me idleness of spirit, which destroys time; and vanity of thought, which hinders Your presence and distracts my attention to prayer. And if, while in prayer, I turn away from You in my thoughts, help me to return to my purpose; so that I might not avert my heart from You, during the few precious moments I dedicate to talking with You.

And grant me this day, dear Lord, that You may never be completely out of my thoughts. Let me carry you as a voice to guide my every step as I slip down the path of this precious day, that I might always remember Your will, and lighten the world around me. Help me to make every moment of my day, every word from my mouth, a prayer, that I might live in Your presence. Amen.

Now unto him that is able to keep me from falling, and to present me faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, to the only wise God our Savior, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Personal Affirmations

Jesus is Lord over my spirit, my soul and my body. Jesus is made unto me wisdom, righteousness, sanctification and redemption. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. The Lord is my shepherd; I do not want. My God supplies all my need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. (Personal Confessions, Prayers That Avail Much)

Philippians 2:9-11; I Corinthians 1:30; Philippians 4:13; Psalm 23:1; Philippians 4:19

Be patient, then, my brothers, until the Lord comes. See how patient a farmer is as he waits for his land to produce precious crops. He waits patiently for the autumn and spring rains. James 5:7, TEV

Lord Jesus, hear our prayer and reveal your hand in our days. May those things be done that bring your future nearer and that let the world see you as the Savior who can lead us to our Father. Bless your Word within us. May our hearts be strengthened, and may we always live in your presence. We draw our life from your Word, from your promise, and we set our hope on you, our Lord and Savior. Show your might, Lord Jesus, and carry out the will of God over all the world, so that we may rejoice when we see God's glory appear and his will being done on earth as in heaven. Amen.

Dear Lord, much is happening in my life that I am not sure I can handle. Please give me the strength and wisdom to get through not only today, but the challenges that lie ahead.

Dear heavenly Father, I am grateful that You are a fair and just God and that You love all of us equally. I am amazed at Your love for each of us as individuals. You are wonderful! Lord, may we be like You, and treat all people with the same love and respect. Lord, deliver Your people from any prejudicial attitudes and actions. May we lift one another up and be kind to one another, as You are kind to us. Grace us so that we can do unto others as we would have them do unto us. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

bluidkiti 11-22-2013 09:21 AM

November 23

Prayer of Thanks

Heavenly Father, I thank you for my life and everything you have bestowed upon me and upon all people, this day and every day. I thank you for the good and bad, the understanding of forgiveness, and your holy power, without which we would have nothing. I thank you this day for all your blessings, your gifts, your never ending love for us. Although we all are sinners, I ask you to forgive me every day for what I might have done wrong, that I might not have noticed. Even though we all come short of the glory of God, I thank you for the sacrifice of your only son Jesus Christ for all our sins. You and only you know us Father and you know if our hearts are true. So once again, I thank you with all my heart and soul. In the name of Christ I pray, Amen.

For the Human Family

O God, you made us in your own image and redeemed us through Jesus your Son: Look with compassion on the whole human race, O Lord; take away the arrogance and hatred which infect our hearts; break down the walls that separate us; unite us in bonds of love; and work through our struggle and confusion to accomplish your purposes on earth.

That, in your good time, all nations and races may serve you in harmony around your heavenly throne; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Dear Lord, as we get caught up in the materialism of our fast-paced world today, let us pause to consider some special words of an unknown writer --

Money will buy a bed, but not sleep.
Money will buy books, but not brains.
Money will buy food, but not an appetite.
Money will buy finery, but not beauty.
Money will buy a house, but not a home.
Money will buy medicine, but not health.
Money will buy luxuries, but not happiness.
Money will buy religion, but not salvation.
Money will buy a passport to anywhere but heaven.

Help us each to see that our lives are meaningless without You.

In Jesus' name we pray.

Amen.
© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Dear Lord, thank you for this day. Words cannot express how grateful I am for all you have done. Thank you for being with me in my darkest hours. Without you I would not have made it through.

Heavenly Father, You have bestowed favor once again upon this earth with the blessing of a new day, and we thank You. As we encounter new mercies and teachings, let us learn from them and dwell in them to Your glory. Help us to be content with Your provisions and a wise steward of all You have given us. Forgive our failings again and hear our prayers. Hallowed by Your name alone.

bluidkiti 11-23-2013 09:52 AM

November 24

Lord's Prayer

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever and ever. Amen.

Prayer of Metropolitan Philaret

Lord, give me the strength to greet the coming week in peace. Help me in all things to rely on Your holy will. Reveal Your will to me every hour of the day. Bless my dealings with all people. Teach me to treat all people who come to me throughout the day with peace of soul and with firm conviction that Your will governs all.

In all my deeds and words guide my thoughts and feelings. In unexpected events, let me not forget that all are sent by you. Teach me to act firmly and wisely, without embittering and embarrassing others. Give me the physical strength to bear the labors of this day. Direct my will, teach me to pray, pray in me. Amen.

May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be among the community of all who pray in the name of Christ this morning, and remain among us always. Amen.

Salvation for My Family

Holy Spirit, cause me to be spiritually and mentally alert in this time of meditation and prayer. I bring before you everyone named by **__________________ (the surnames of you, your spouse, and your married children). For those who don’t know You, I ask that You send someone to tell them about Jesus, and I thank You that none shall be lost. In the name of Jesus. Amen.

Ezekiel 22:30; Luke 10:2; I Timothy 2:4

Dear Lord, thank you for this day. Words cannot express how grateful I am for all you have done. Thank you for being with me in my darkest hours. Without you I would not have made it through.

Dear heavenly Father, you are such an awesome God! Lord, help me to remember all the things You have done for me in the past, when I am tempted to doubt in my present difficult situation. Help me to daily walk in faith and to always trust You, and not lean unto my own understanding. Deliver me from pride and fear, as these twin evils are aimed at destroying my faith. Give me a love for reading the Bible and open my understanding to the things You desire to reveal to me in Your Word; and then, Lord, give me the grace to obey all that You speak to me. In Jesus name, I pray. Amen.

bluidkiti 11-24-2013 10:08 AM

November 25

Prayer for Guidance

Lord, teach me to number my days aright, that I may gain wisdom of heart. Help me do today the things that matter, not to waste the time I have.

The moments I have are precious, Lord, see that I count them dear. Teach me to number my days aright. Fill me this day with your kindness, that I may be glad and rejoice all the days of my life. Through Christ I pray, Amen.

Prayer for Physical Renewal

Lord, I come before you today in need of your healing hand. In you all things are possible. Hold my heart within yours, and renew my mind, body, and soul.

I am lost, but I am singing. You gave me life, and you also give me the gift of infinite joy. Give me the strength to move forward on the path you've laid out for me. Guide me towards better health, and give me the wisdom to identify those you've placed around me to help me get better. In your name I pray, Amen.

Now, oh heavenly Father, I ask to be called as a witness to your love by the love I extend to others; a precursor of your justice by my unfailing commitment to what is right and good; a lamp set on a hill, reflecting the light of Christ in my forgiveness, mercy and compassion; and a harvester of souls through my humble and dedicated servanthood. In Jesus' name, I pray, Amen.

Dear Prayer Partner, let us pray together.

Direction

Father, thank You for instructing me and teaching me in the way I should go and for guiding me with Your eye. Thank You for Your guidance and leadership concerning Your will, Your plan and Your purpose for my life. I hear the voice of the Good Shepherd, for I know You and follow You. You lead me in paths of righteousness of Your name’s sake. (Knowing God’s Will, Prayers That Avail Much for Business)

Psalm 32:8; John 10:3-4; Psalm 23:3

Dear Lord, help me to see the "nowness" of my Christian faith. The past is past, and put aside; the future is in Your hands, Lord, but the "now" is up to me. This is where I either reflect You or not, in how I live today. ... Fill me with Your Spirit; enable me to be more than I am, that I may seize this precious time that will not come again, and live today to Your glory.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

Lord God, save me from a hard and doubting heart. May I be trustful and come to thee in faith. All the days of my life may my lips sing thy praise as I unfold thy love and purposes. Amen.

Dear Father, please help me through today. Give me strength and wisdom so I may do the right things, not only for myself but also for others.

Dear heavenly Father, I am grateful that You have shown me Your compassion many times over the years. Lord, may I become like You and show that same attribute to others, and especially the poor. Lord, bless me so that I might bless others who are needy. May I never turn my face away from those who are seeking help. Lord, if I am unable to give in a monetary way, may I always remember I can always give of my time and my prayers. Deliver me of any fear or insecurity that would keep me from being generous. May I always be a cheerful giver. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

“A Prayer Of Thanks For Friends”

Father, You have given me many treasures that cannot be bought with money and friendship is among them. I thank You for the special friends who brighten my outlook and challenge me to be a better person. Thank You for my caring friend who loves me and never gives up on me even when I feel like giving up on myself. For that dear friend who comes alongside me and helps carry the burdens that I bear, I am especially thankful. My life is enriched and my spirit is refreshed as I share my heart with a close friend who does not criticize but accepts my frailties; who prays for me and expresses love for me in ways that build me up and strengthen me in the trials of life. Father, You are the greatest and most trusting Friend that I will ever know so help me to draw near to You so that You draw near to me. Amen.

Dear Father, thank you for today and all that you do. I love you Lord with all my heart. Please help me show this love to others as I go about the day.

Table Blessing
God is great! God is good!
Let us thank Him for our food.
Amen.

bluidkiti 11-25-2013 09:46 AM

November 26

To Spread Cheer

Holy God, as I stumble through this life, help me to create more laughter than tears, dispense more cheer than gloom, spread more joy than despair. Let me remind those I meet that our final existence will be total joy, and that we may taste this joy through the Spirit even today. Never let me become so indifferent that I will fail to see the wonder in the eyes of a child, or the twinkle in the eyes of the aged. Never let me forget that my total effort is to cheer people, make them happy, and forget momentarily all the temporary unpleasantness in their lives. And in my final moment, may I hear You whisper, “When you made My people smile, you made Me smile.” Amen.

Prayer of Repentance (from Psalm 51)

Have mercy on me, O God, according to your steadfast love; according to your abundant mercy blot out my transgressions. Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin!

For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me. Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight. I am full of shame at my sin, and my heart lies heavy.

Purge me and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. Let me hear joy and gladness; Hide your face from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities. This I ask in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Now the God of patience and consolation grant to me, and to all who pray in the name of Christ, to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus: That we may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Change

Father, direct my steps by Your word and let no iniquity have dominion over me. Uphold my steps in Your paths that my footsteps may not slip. Thank You that I am ever learning, ever growing and ever achieving. Things change because I’m changing; I am wonderfully and fearfully made. You give me the freedom and courage to be my creative self, which You made unique unto me. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen

Psalm 119:133; Psalm 17:5; Psalm 139:14

‘One night a man had a dream. He dreamt he was walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand - one belonging to him, the other to the Lord.
When the last scene in his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times of his life. This really bothered him, and he questioned the Lord about it. “Lord, you said that, once I decided to follow you, you would walk with me all the way. But I’ve noticed that during the most difficult times in my life there is only one set of footprints. I don’t understand why, in times when I needed you most, you would leave me.” The Lord replied, “My precious child, I love you and would never leave you during your trials and sufferings. When you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.”

“A Prayer For Grace-filled Speech”

Father, I want the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart to be pleasing to You this day. I pray that my conversation is uplifting so that I build others up rather than tear them down. May I walk and talk with Your grace so that I impart grace to others showing respect, courtesy, and interest in their lives. Just as salt is tasty to food making it more pleasant to eat, I pray that my dialogue is wholesome, making conversation pleasant and beneficial to those who listen. Amen.

Dear Father, please help me through today. Give me strength and wisdom so I may do the right things, not only for myself but also for others.

Lord , help us to know that we can come to you in the midst of our troubles and pain, and that you are in every circumstance. Help us to know that we don’t have to fear the unknown, for you are always with us. You are our ever present help in time of need. Amen

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your mercy and love toward me. I also appreciate You correcting me when I need it, as I know when I heed Your advice, I am spared a lot of trouble. Deliver me from every trace of rebellion and pride, as I really desire to walk in humility. I know Jesus was lowly and humble when He was on this earth and I want to be like Him. Help me to be a good wife, mother, boss and friend in this life. I also want to remain on the straight and narrow path of obedience, so guide me daily in Your will. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

bluidkiti 11-26-2013 08:29 AM

November 27

Prayer to Love Others Today

Oh holy Christ, who has commanded us to love others as ourselves, and not to judge others, but to look to our own sins rather than criticizing our fellow man; I pray you to keep your words in my heart when others offend me, for they may fly from my mind when I am gripped by emotion. Many times I judge, many times I feel anger at others, many times I look down upon someone. And even when I show a smile, my heart may yet be filled with sin, anger and malice and jealousy.

I pray to you, mighty Christ, burn your love on my heart. Let me never forget the beauty and peace of loving my fellow man. Help me be sincere in choosing good over evil. Let me seek my glory in you, Lord Christ, instead of in my own image. Soften my heart so that I feel true sympathy, and so I value others just as I do myself.

May your Holy Spirit, who is with me, guide me in everything I think and do, this day and always. Amen.

Blessing

May God the Father bless us; may Christ take care of us; the Holy Ghost enlighten us all the days of our life. The Lord be our defender and keeper of body and soul, both now and for ever, to the ages of ages. Amen. by Æthelwold, Bishop of Winchester, 958 A.D.)

Thanksgiving

Father, I pause to thank You for all the mighty things You do for us continually. Thank You for the beautiful bonds of love with family and friends. Thank You for a special time of joy and laughter, in the name of Jesus. I will praise Your Name with a song, and I will magnify You with thanksgiving. Amen

Psalm 50:14; Psalm 69:30

My Father, I pray that I may have patience to live through the difficulties of life. May I correct my faults, that they may not destroy my peace and take from me my strength; help me to center my life in brightness and hope. Amen.

Help me to grow in trust, Father, so that I can more readily place myself into your hands, confident that all shall be well. Amen.

Good and upright is the Lord; therefore he instructs sinners in his ways. He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way. Psalm 25:8–9, NIV

Lord our God, dear Father in heaven, we thank you that we may be your children, led by you. We thank you for guiding us in times of grief and never forsaking us. Now, as of old, you are with us, Lord our God, and you show us the way in every situation. Protect us in this present time, and grant us strength to go on patiently even when our lives hold much suffering and distress. We thank you for your guidance and rejoice in your help for our time. Reveal your hand in power, for soon, very soon, your right hand will change everything. Amen.

Dear Lord, please help me see that even in the darkest hour your light will be there to show me the way.

Dear Lord, thank you for this day. I ask that my weaknesses do not lead others to stray. Please give me the wisdom to make the right choices and lead by example.

bluidkiti 11-27-2013 11:42 AM

November 28

Prayer of Thanks

Almighty and gracious Father, I give you thanks for the fruits of the earth in their season and for the labors of those who harvest them. Make me and all of my brothers and sisters in Christ, I pray, faithful stewards of your great bounty, for the provision of our necessities and the relief of all who are in need, to the glory of your Name; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.

Simple Thanks

For our restful sleep at night,
For the rain and sunshine bright,
For the love that Thou dost send,
For our homes and for each friend,

For the day and all its pleasures,
Grateful thanks we render now.
May our lives pass on the blessings,
None can give to us, but Thou.
Amen.

Blessing

The Lord bless us and keep us. The Lord make his face to shine upon us, and be gracious unto us. The Lord lift up his countenance upon us, and give us peace, this day and evermore. Amen.

Think on These Things

Father, Your Word is my Handbook for renewing my mind to think and speak as You think and speak. By the grace of God I will think on things that are true, honest, just, pure, lovely and of good report. Your Word will renew my mind with Your thoughts, Lord, driving out thoughts of fear, doubt, bad feelings toward others, self-hatred, depression and unbelief in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Philippians 4:8

My Father, if my work seems hard to-day, may I not cease working if I grow weary, but may my strength be renewed to continue my work. May the aim of my work be to please thee, and to help in the progress of humanity. Amen.

Let’s pause to remember and give thanks for what has been good in our lives:
- for people who have given us love and care, friendship and support...
Let’s pause to remember and give thanks - for our health and talents, and for the opportunities that come to us...
Let’s pause to remember and give thanks - for the beauty that we can see and for the inspiration we receive...
Let’s pause to remember and give thanks - for the happy memories we treasure and for all that has been good over the years...

Dear Lord, please help me see that even in the darkest hour your light will be there to show me the way.

Lord I want to thank you in the good times and the bad. I ask that you help me to have an attitude of thankfulness to You always.

Dear Lord, our time on earth is short. Please help me realize that it is not the amount of time, but the quality of the time I spend that counts.

bluidkiti 11-28-2013 10:35 AM

November 29

For a New Day

Lord, the newness of this day
Call me to an untried way;
Let me gladly take the road,
Give me strength to bear my load.
Thou my guide and helper be —
I will travel through with Thee.
Amen.

by Henry Van Dkye

To Be Led by God’s Gifts

Heavenly Father, for the words of faith shared in devotionals, from the pulpit, in the sanctuary, in prayer, in song, that color my life so rich: I give thanks, and pray that they will enrich my journey of faith, sharing a bit of grace with other earlier saints.

For the sacrifice, the example, the gift of your Son; who came to earth and lived among us, who gave us words to guide us, who infused the law with Spirit and taught us the beauty of change within our hearts; for the loving way Christ showed us, I give thanks, and pray that His words may lead me to live life as your servant, as your disciple, today and forever. Amen.

Now God himself and our Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, I pray that you direct my way unto you, and make me and all of us to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you; to the end that we may establish our hearts unblameable in holiness before you, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank You that You inspired Your apostle Paul to write these words for the encouragement of Your people in every generation: "Delight yourselves in the Lord; yes, find your joy in Him at all times. Have a reputation for gentleness, and NEVER forget the nearness of your Lord. ... DON'T WORRY OVER ANYTHING WHATEVER; tell God every detail of your needs in earnest and thankful prayer, and the PEACE of God, which transcends human understanding, will keep constant guard over your hearts and minds as they rest in Christ Jesus.* ... Fix your thoughts on what is true and good and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely, and dwell on the fine, good things in others. THINK ABOUT ALL YOU CAN PRAISE GOD FOR AND BE GLAD ABOUT. Keep putting into practice all you have learned from me and saw me doing, and the God of peace will be with you."** ... Oh Lord, help me to remember to read this often and to stay on course with You.

In Jesus' holy name I pray.

Amen.

* (Phil. 4:4-7 -- J. B. Phillips Trans.)
** (Phil. 4:8-9 -- Tyndale Living Bible)

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Almighty God, I thank thee that thou wilt come to me as my heart cries for need. I bless thee that thou dost come to me as my lips sing thy praise. I pray that I may be saved from a cruel and cheerless heart, and be a sharer of the songs that are sung to the soul. Amen.

Inspire me, Lord, to be of good influence on people I will meet today. Amen.

Rejoice! and Pray!

Philippians 4:4-7

Dear Father, forbearing God,

Let me rejoice in the Lord always! Again I ask this from you: Let me rejoice always!

Let me be gentle, open to reason, slow to make negative judgments.

Let this forbearing spirit be apparent to everyone.

I know the Lord Jesus is near, so I have no reason to be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, let me present my requests to you.

I believe in you, Father, a God who transcends all human understanding.

I believe that the peace which comes from you, which transcends all understanding, will keep my heart and my mind in Christ Jesus.

In the name of the ever-near Jesus. Amen.

Dear Father, I try very hard to do the right things and be successful. Please give me the wisdom so that I may go down the right path.

Heavenly Father, may we not forget the wonders of your creation and all that is in it. Give us new hearts so we have a heart for you full of gratefulness and thanksgiving. Fill us with praise and may it overflow and spread through us like fire and light up everywhere we go. Thank you Lord for your eternal love to us. Thank you for each new day and help us to use it wisely. Be in our walk, our talk, and may we be a lamp in a world of darkness. Thank you, as well, for our daily bread. Amen.

Dear Father, I ask you to help me be strong. I want to forgive those who have done me wrong and live a life of happiness. I ask for the strength as forgivness can be difficult when hurt feelings start to surface.