Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Hang On! (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1890)

bluidkiti 12-09-2013 03:45 PM

Hang On!

Hang On!

HEBREWS 10:23 NKJ
23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.

Sometimes it seems like there's no hope and no help. Like you have no more strength or ability to go on. You're at the end of yourself and just can't do any more.

Don't worry. Just hang on to your faith in God.

God is faithful. He will not forsake you. He has not forgotten you. (It just seems that way when you face a trial of faith -- but it's a lie.)

It may seem dark and hopeless, but God is holding on to you. God is working behind the scenes. Things will work out.

When you don't know what to do, just continue to trust in God, and know that He is helping you. Persevere even when you feel like you can't. Just don't give up.

JAMES 1:2-4 Barclay
2 My brothers, you must regard it as nothing but joy when you are involved in all kinds of trials,
3 for you must realize that when faith has passed through the ordeal of testing the result is the ability to pass the breaking-point and not to break.
4 This ability must go right on to the end, and then you will be perfect and complete, without a weak spot.

Trials are no fun. But we should not be surprised when we find our faith being tested.

The devil is doing his best to steal your faith in God, but his best is not good enough. God is greater than the devil. Hang on to your faith!

Remember that God is for you. God is on your side. God will help you and see you through.

Just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Keep praising and thanking God -- especially when you don't feel like it. Don't give up. Hang on!

SAY THIS: I won't give up on God. I trust in Him.

A Bible Devotion

MajestyJo 12-09-2013 06:25 PM

I believe there is a song, "Hang on, you are moving too fast."

We tend to forget that we didn't get this way overnight, there are no quick fixes, change means time.

How long have to crossed the line into addiction, how did you feel when you had your first substance that gave you that "Awwwww" feeling that made you feel like you needed more.

I was sharing with Tony at the Holistic Center that I often get an urge to have a cigarette, but I know I just can't have one, even though I know it will taste awful. A cigarette would kill me faster than a drink or a pill. I told him of my visual memory that has helped me to stay quit, that of me, standing in my living room with my legs crossed, jumping up and down, lighting a cigarette, so I could go to the bathroom.

Reaching for a fifth help of stew, even though it is good, three would have been too many. When I eat, and not really hungry, I am stuffing my feelings.

When I got the "Awwww" feeling, I got so that I couldn't stop, I had to more. It was the same with my computer and building my web sites. I liked building them more than I liked maintaining them. The typical addict who starts something, and has trouble finishing.

You get that feeling, but you can't stop it, unless you take that moment, and ask for help. We can do what I can't do alone.