Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verse Of The Day - October (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4971)

bluidkiti 10-01-2014 09:25 AM

Bible Verse Of The Day - October

October 1

“Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you. Matthew 5:11-12

Our people must learn to do good by meeting the urgent needs of others; then they will not be unproductive. Titus 3:14

Imitate God, therefore, in everything you do, because you are his dear children. Ephesians 5:1

Hebrews 13:5 - 5 Don’t love money; be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, “I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.”

Hebrews 4:16 — Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

bluidkiti 10-02-2014 11:46 AM

October 2

The fear of man brings a snare, But whoever trusts in the Lord shall be safe. Proverbs 29:25

2 Corinthians 6:16 - 16 What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people."

Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth. Colossians 3:2

Our people must learn to do good by meeting the urgent needs of others; then they will not be unproductive. Titus 3:14

bluidkiti 10-03-2014 08:21 AM

October 3

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 1 Peter 1:3

Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth. Colossians 3:2

Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Colossians 3:23

1 Peter 5:8-9 - 8 Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. 9 Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your Christian brothers and sisters all over the world are going through the same kind of suffering you are.

bluidkiti 10-04-2014 11:45 AM

October 4

Do not boast about tomorrow, For you do not know what a day may bring forth. Proverbs 27:1

Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Colossians 3:23

... let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. Hebrews 12:1

Psalm 40:2 - 2 He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along.

Proverbs 3:5-6 — Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

Philippians 4:19 — And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.

bluidkiti 10-04-2014 11:46 AM

October 5

Seek the Lord while He may be found, Call upon Him while He is near. Isaiah 55:6

...let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us Hebrews 12:1

James 4:10 - 10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up in honor.

And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful. Colossians 3:15

bluidkiti 10-06-2014 11:12 AM

October 6

Trust in the Lord forever, For in YAH, the Lord, is everlasting strength. Isaiah 26:4

Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. James 1:19

And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful. Colossians 3:15

Zachariah 8:6 - 6 “This is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies says: All this may seem impossible to you now, a small remnant of God’s people. But is it impossible for me? says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies.

bluidkiti 10-06-2014 02:36 PM

October 7

O God, You are my God; Early will I seek You; My soul thirsts for You; My flesh longs for You In a dry and thirsty land Where there is no water. Psalm 63:1

Some people make cutting remarks, but the words of the wise bring healing. Proverbs 12:18

Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. James 1:19

Titus 1:9 - 9 He must have a strong belief in the trustworthy message he was taught; then he will be able to encourage others with wholesome teaching and show those who oppose it where they are wrong.

bluidkiti 10-08-2014 02:04 PM

October 8

I, even I, am the Lord, And besides Me there is no savior. I have declared and saved, I have proclaimed, And there was no foreign god among you; Therefore you are My witnesses,” Says the Lord, “that I am God. Isaiah 43:11-12

The Lord detests lying lips, but he delights in those who tell the truth. Proverbs 12:22

Some people make cutting remarks, but the words of the wise bring healing. Proverbs 12:18

Revelation 21:4 - 4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.”

bluidkiti 10-08-2014 02:04 PM

October 9

You shall walk after the Lord your God and fear Him, and keep His commandments and obey His voice; you shall serve Him and hold fast to Him. Deuteronomy 13:4

Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me. Psalm 103:2

The Lord detests lying lips, but he delights in those who tell the truth. Proverbs 12:22

Romans 3:22 - 22 We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are.

Isaiah 43:10-11 —

"You are my witnesses," declares the Lord,
"and my servant whom I have chosen,
so that you may know and believe me
and understand that I am he.
Before me no god was formed,
nor will there be one after me.
I, even I, am the Lord,
and apart from me there is no savior.

Believers have the responsibility today of being God's witnesses, telling the world who God is and what he has done. Do people know what God is like through your words and example? They cannot see God directly, but they can see him reflected in you.

bluidkiti 10-09-2014 09:44 AM

October 10

Listen to counsel and receive instruction, That you may be wise in your latter days. There are many plans in a man’s heart, Nevertheless the Lord’s counsel—that will stand. Proverbs 19:20-21

Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me. Psalm 103:2

Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act. Psalm 37:7

1 Chronicles 28:20 - 20 Then David continued, “Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Don’t be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. He will see to it that all the work related to the Temple of the Lord is finished correctly.

James 1:17 — Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

bluidkiti 10-09-2014 09:45 AM

October 11

Truly my soul silently waits for God; From Him comes my salvation. Psalm 62:1

Fire goes out without wood, and quarrels disappear when gossip stops. Proverbs 26:20

Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act. Psalm 37:7

2 timothy 1:9 - 9 For God saved us and called us to live a holy life. He did this, not because we deserved it, but because that was his plan from before the beginning of time—to show us his grace through Christ Jesus.

October 12

My son, hear the instruction of your father, And do not forsake the law of your mother; For they will be a graceful ornament on your head, And chains about your neck. Proverbs 1:8-9

Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them. Ephesians 4:29

Fire goes out without wood, and quarrels disappear when gossip stops. Proverbs 26:20

psalm 100:3-4 - 3 Acknowledge that the Lord is God! He made us, and we are his. We are his people, the sheep of his pasture. 4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and praise his name.

October 13

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them. Ephesians 4:29

1 Corinthians 15:57 - 57 But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ.

October 14

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. Romans 12:2

Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble. Proverbs 13:20

Mark 9:23 - 23 “What do you mean, ‘If I can’?” Jesus asked. “Anything is possible if a person believes.”

Stay away from fools, for you won't find knowledge on their lips. Proverbs 14:7

October 15

Therefore You are great, O Lord God. For there is none like You, nor is there any God besides You, according to all that we have heard with our ears. 2 Samuel 7:22

Don't befriend angry people or associate with hot-tempered people, Proverbs 22:24

Stay away from fools, for you won't find knowledge on their lips. Proverbs 14:7

Romans 5:11 - 11 So now we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God because our Lord Jesus Christ has made us friends of God.