Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Forum (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Thoughts Just For Today (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150)

MajestyJo 08-07-2013 06:38 PM

Thoughts Just For Today

1 Attachment(s)
SO NOW I WILL SAY:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've learned....That life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

I've learned....That we should be glad God doesn't give us everything we ask for.

I've learned....That money doesn't buy class.

I've learned....That it's those small daily happenings that make life so spectacular.

I've learned... That under everyone's hard shell is someone who wants to be appreciated and loved.

I've learned....That the Lord didn't do it all in one day: What makes me think I can?

I've learned....That to ignore the facts does not change the facts.

I've learned....That when you plan to get even with someone, you are only letting that person continue to hurt you.

I've learned...That love, not time, heals all wounds.

I've learned...That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.

I've learned....That everyone you meet deserves to be greeted with a smile.

I've learned....That there's nothing sweeter than sleeping with your babies and feeling their breath on your cheeks.

I've learned...That no one is perfect until you fall in love with them.

I've learned...That life is tough, but I'm tougher.

I've learned...That opportunities are never lost; someone will take the ones you miss.

I've learned...That when you harbor bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.

I've learned...That I wish I could have told those I cared about that I love them one more time before they passed away.

I've learned...That one should keep his words both soft and tender, because tomorrow he may have to eat them.

I've learned...That a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.

I've learned...That I can't choose how I feel, but I can choose what I do about it.

I've learned...That when your newly born child holds your little finger in his little fist, that you're hooked for life.

I've learned...That everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it.

I've learned...That it is best to give advice in only two circumstances; when it is requested and when it is a life threatening situation.

I've learned...That the less time I have to work with, the more things I get done.

HAPPY FRIENDSHIP WEEK TO YOU!!!!!! YOU ARE MY FRIEND AND I AM HONORED

Have a Blessed Day and remember, the life you save today might be your own.

Think these came from George Carlin

This email was cleaned by emailStripper, available for free from http://www.papercut.biz/emailStripper.htm

MajestyJo 08-07-2013 06:41 PM

Just for you......

A girl asked a guy if he thought she was pretty, He said...no.

She asked him if he would want to be with her forever.... and he said no.

She then asked him if she were to leave would he cry, and once again he replied with a no.

She had heard enough. As she walked away, tears streaming down her face .

The boy grabbed her arm and said.... You're not pretty you're beautiful. I don't want to be with you forever. I NEED to be with you forever. And I wouldn't cry if you walked away... I'd die.

WASN'T THAT A SWEET THOUGHT!

http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/1503308...86586/name/n_a

MajestyJo 08-08-2013 02:28 AM

The Power of Now - The Daily Guru

My will or divine will?

"It is important not to need what you are calling to you but rather to have a certain detachment about it. Let it be all right if it doesn't come, or if it comes in a different form than what you expect. After you have asked for something, surrender to whatever comes as being appropriate."

-- Sanaya Roman and Duane Packer

"Acceptance says, True, this is my situation at the moment. I'll look unblinkingly at the reality of it. But I'll also open my hands to accept willingly whatever a loving Father sends me."

--Catherine Marshall

"This business of hozho. The way I understand it ... I'll use an example. Terrible drought, crops dead, sheep dying. Spring dried out. No water. The Hopi, or the Christian, maybe the Moslem, they pray for rain. The Navajo has the proper ceremony done to restore himself to harmony with the drought. You see what I mean. The system is designed to recognize what's beyond human power to change, and then to change the human's attitude to be content with the inevitable."

-- in ˜Sacred Clowns" by Tony Hillerman
The power of silence

"Growth takes place in a person by working at a deep inner level in a sustained atmosphere of silence."

-- Dr. Ira Progoff

"Only when one is connected to one's own core is one connected to others... And, for me, the core, the inner spring, can best be refound through solitude."

-- Anne Morrow Lindbergh

"In the sweet territory of silence we touch the mystery. It's the place of reflection and contemplation, and it's the place where we can connect with the deep knowing, to the deep wisdom way."

-- Angeles Arrien

MajestyJo 08-08-2013 02:30 AM

Power

"There are two kinds of men who never amount to much: those who cannot do what they are told, and those who can do nothing else."

-- Cyrus H. Curtis

"Compassion, caring, teaching, loving, and sharing your gifts, talents, and abilities are the gateways to power."

-- Jamie Sams
Need to let go of control?

"The world is not to be put in order; the world is order, incarnate. It is for us to harmonize with this order."

-- Henry Miller

"The world is not to be put in order; the world is order, incarnate. It is for us to harmonize with this order."

-- Henry Miller

Ego believes that it needs to protect us from external dangers. Through control and manipulation, it aims to keep us safe. This need of ego is based in fear.

If we hope to live in love, we must become acquainted with soul. Experiencing soul brings a deep knowing that this is a loving universe. Experiencing soul also builds faith. We learn to trust that we don’t have to run the show. And when we do this, we tap the source of true freedom and joy.

"It is not action or effort that we must surrender; it is self-will, and this is terribly difficult. You must do your best constantly, yet never allow yourself to become involved in whether things work out the way you want."

-- Eknath Easwaran

"True spiritual surrender responsibly opens itself to the unknown."

-- Stephen V. Doughty

MajestyJo 08-08-2013 02:33 AM

Who are you?

Please tell me who you are and what you want. And if you think those are simple questions, keep in mind that most people live their entire lives without arriving at an answer.

-- Gary Zukav

Mysterious and intimidating to contemplate, the human brain is the most complex thing there is and the most difficult task it can undertake is to understand itself.

-- David Noonan

I don't think God cares where we were graduated or what we did for a living. God wants to know who we are. Discovering this is the work of the soul, it is our true life's work.

-- Bernie Siegel

Hope and disappointment

"It's precisely the disappointing stories, which have no proper ending and therefore no proper meaning, that sound true to life."

-- Max Frisch

"Hope is the companion of power, and the mother of success; for who so hopes has within him the gift of miracles."

-- Samuel Smiles

"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live inside that hope. Not admire it from a distance but live right in it, under its roof."

-- Barbara Kingsolver

MajestyJo 08-08-2013 02:35 AM

Learn to let go

To attain knowledge, add things every day. To attain wisdom, remove things every day.

-- Lao Tzu

When guilt rears its ugly head confront it, discuss it and let it go. The past is over. Forgive yourself and move on.

-- Bernie S. Siegel

What is your body telling you?

There are times when we may fool ourselves. There are times when we can fool others. But we can never fool our body. It is the most sensitive barometer of our inner world.

-- Sherrill Sellman

Instead of frittering away your vibrancy with worry or distraction, realize your mind and body are inextricably united. What calms and tones up one, soothes and improves the other.

-- Marsha Sinetar

"When you are saying that you are happy and you are not, there will be a disturbance in your breathing. Your breathing cannot be natural. It is impossible."

-- Osho

"Your body is the ground and metaphor of your life, the expression of your existence. It is your Bible, your encyclopedia, your life story. Everything that happens to you is stored and reflected in your body. In the marriage of flesh and spirit divorce is impossible."

-- Gabrielle Roth

"If you don't take care of your body, where will you live?"

-- Unknown source

MajestyJo 08-08-2013 02:37 AM

Create happiness right now

"It is our basic right to be a happy person, happy family, and eventually a happy world. That should be our goal."

-- Dalai Lama

" ... we can no longer afford to throw away even one ‘unimportant’ day by not noticing the wonder of it all. We have to be willing to discover and then appreciate the authentic moments of happiness available to all of us every day."

-- Sarah Ban Breathnach

Do you engage in violence?

"There are three kinds of violence: one, through our deeds; two, through our words; and three, through our thoughts. ... The root of all violence is in the world of thoughts, and that is why training the mind is so important."

-- Eknath Easwaran

"The ancestor of every destructive action, every destructive decision, is a negative thought."

-- Eknath Easwaran

"We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far."

-- Swami Vivekananda

From my site The Five As, posted in 2010

MajestyJo 08-10-2013 07:54 PM

A Recipe From Heaven

http://www.positivethoughts.com/frie...ate_md_wht.gif Mix sugar 'n spice 'n everything nice
With a helping of kindness, sifted twice.

http://www.positivethoughts.com/frie...ate_md_wht.gif Combine with caring and generous loving
tenderly shape, and warm in the oven

http://www.positivethoughts.com/frie...ate_md_wht.gif Sprinkle on hugs with wide-open arms,
trim with a smile, for even more charm.

http://www.positivethoughts.com/frie...ate_md_wht.gif Glaze with joy, and when it's all through,
It'll be one sweet cookie . . .

THAT'S YOU!

http://www.positivethoughts.com/frie...ate_md_wht.gifLife is sweeter because of you!http://www.positivethoughts.com/frie...ate_md_wht.gif

MajestyJo 08-12-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Go for what you want

"Follow your bliss."

-- Joseph Campbell

It’s hard for some of us to believe that the world is served when we seek our own happiness. We’ve been taught that this is selfish.

If we stop to reflect on how we are in the world when we are happy, we can see how this serves. We have more vitality. We’re more loving and generous to others when our own needs are met.

What activities bring you greatest joy? Your unique gift to the world will be found in those pastimes you love the most.

How can you live your joy each day?

"Spiritual growth is not made in reaction against, for all striving against imposed restrictions is imaginary. Spiritual growth is accomplished by inclination toward. We grow like the sunflower, following the light."

-- Joy Houghton

MajestyJo 08-12-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Do you own your life?

"The meaning of life is to give life meaning."

-- Ken Hudgins

When we own our lives, we accept what we've inherited and the experiences we hold in our memories. We also claim our right to create new conditions if we're not happy with what's come before. We assume responsibility for changing what does not suit us. We acknowledge our own special talents and skills, and truly comprehend our right to enjoy the journey. In short, we embrace the meaning and purpose, the mystery and the beauty of our lives.

Do you feel that you own your life at the moment?

"I think of life itself now as a wonderful play that I've written for myself... and so my purpose is to have the utmost fun playing my part."

-- Shirley MacLaine

"Life is too short to be little."

-- Benjamin Disraeli

"Every man dies, but not every man lives...."

-- Garth Brooks

For many years this was a big issue for me. Then I realized that I had to accept my limitations and my fibromyalgia and just try to be the best me I can be each day. To do what I can do and not wish the world away.

I was the only one who could make it happen. I wouldn't let my pain rule my day. I made some healthy choices and learned to live each day as it came, not look into the past or project into the future. Just live each day as it comes. Some days I can, some days I can't, and that is okay.

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=13769

MajestyJo 08-12-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

The Power of Now

"There are two kinds of men who never amount to much: those who cannot do what they are told, and those who can do nothing else."

-- Cyrus H. Curtis

"Compassion, caring, teaching, loving, and sharing your gifts, talents, and abilities are the gateways to power."

-- Jamie Sams

-- Henry Miller

-- Henry Miller

Ego believes that it needs to protect us from external dangers. Through control and manipulation, it aims to keep us safe. This need of ego is based in fear.

If we hope to live in love, we must become acquainted with soul. Experiencing soul brings a deep knowing that this is a loving universe. Experiencing soul also builds faith. We learn to trust that we don’t have to run the show. And when we do this, we tap the source of true freedom and joy.

"It is not action or effort that we must surrender; it is self-will, and this is terribly difficult. You must do your best constantly, yet never allow yourself to become involved in whether things work out the way you want."

-- Eknath Easwaran

"True spiritual surrender responsibly opens itself to the unknown."

-- Stephen V. Doughty

From my site JoAnne's Spiritual Journey

MajestyJo 08-12-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Learn to be aware

"You can live a lifetime and, at the end of it, know more about other people than you know about yourself."

-- Beryl Markham

Who am I? To answer this, we must first learn to become more aware of ourselves. To be aware, we must STOP and PAY ATTENTION! We need to STOP and objectively watch ourselves in action.

We live most of our lives by habit. These habits keep us stuck in patterns that limit our experience of life. Once we detect a pattern we were previously unconscious of, we can choose differently, if we want. With awareness comes choice and with choice, we gain freedom.

"To be authentic is literally to be your own author …, to discover your own native energies and desires, and then to find your own way of acting on them."

-- Warren G. Bennis

"Self-knowledge is the great power by which we comprehend and control our lives."

-- Vernon Howard

*** Awareness is the key to all change. Begin to trust yourself more deeply as you uncover new dimensions of who you are.

Posted on my site The Five As on November 20, 2011

- Higher Awareness (used with permission)

MajestyJo 08-12-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

How aware are you? Here is another tip on "getting control" from Higher Awareness.

The shocking fact is that most of us are unconscious of 80% of what we do, think and say. WE'RE NOT AWARE of our defences, our emotional reactions, our beliefs and deep-seated habits. Of our fears, negative self-talk and judgments.

Why is this so important? Because THESE UNCONSCIOUS FORCES ARE
RUNNING OUR LIVES! When we're not aware, we stay stuck in patterns that limit our ability to enjoy life. In fact, we stay stuck in patterns that cause us pain. Without awareness, we don't know how to think, create, love and reap the bounty of our world.

If you want to gain more control in your life, you will need to cultivate greater awareness. It's the MOST POWERFUL RESOURCE we have to effect change.

To be aware, we must STOP AND PAY ATTENTION. We must pull back our perspective to impartially observe what we are doing, feeling and thinking and what is going on around us. This detachment allows us to recognize our automatic patterns and reactions. And new insights let us break free of our patterns and defences. This allows us to choose something different for ourselves, if we want.

If we are unconscious, our future is created from our past, through patterns in our subconscious. If we are aware and conscious, our future is created anew in each moment.

Do you want to go through life on auto-pilot, letting old tapes dictate how you act? Or do you want to truly live life by clearly seeing the choices before you, and claiming your power to choose what you most want? It's up to you.

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe." -- Marilyn vos Savant
=======================================

As I have grown in recovery I have found that there have been stages where I seemed to get a shot of awareness, and I have to look at things, and do something about them. If I don't then I become uncomfortable in my own skin, and I can end up substituting other "things" and start looking for something or someone outside of myself to make me feel better.

For me, my conscious contact with my Higher Power is a connection I can not afford to lose or even slacken even a little bit. My disease is cunning, baffling and powerful and it just seems to be waiting for that moment that it can sneak back into my life. I don't have to physically pick up to have a relapse.

MajestyJo 08-13-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Just trying to breathe through the pain. Sometimes when I get caught up in it, I forget to breathe! It is like I want to be the martyr and hang onto it for some reason. Poor, poor me, pour me another one.

Posted on Five As - 2010
Something the program has taught me, stay in the moment and breathe. Not just through the pain, but the stress, and the things that trigger the stress.

The body does tell you if you listen. Mental and emotional pain can make itself known physically.

Like when my feet and ankles are pain, I ask myself, "Do I need to stop and think about where I am going? Am I on the right rode? Stop don't go there, give this some thought."

A cough can be suppressed anger, resentment, and not able to speak up for what you believe to be your truth. It is a suppressant but can also say, "Shush Up! Don't speak those words. Are you going to hurt someone by not being open minded, patient and tolerant?"

Back ache has a lot to do with anger. Justifiable or unjustified, it isn't healthy, and we need to let go, or change the circumstance that cause our anger.

Listen to your body. I had to learn to give myself permission to do things, because I used my bed for years, I stuffed feelings with food, and picked up a cigarette if I didn't want to feel an emotion.

The body protests when it doesn't get what it needs, be it rest, nourishment (preferably healthy choices), food in healthy amounts and eating on a regular basis. If you don't eat, you bloat and you become fatter. Food for the body, mind and spirit. Put some music on, light some candles, do a meditation, spend time with your God and look for the Good Orderly Direction He has for you. As a result, you will receive the Divine Order Good that you need.

Each day is a new beginning, so have a good one. Give yourself a hug. You deserve it. You are not your disease. You are a child of your God, who love you. Learn to love yourself, even get to like yourself too, that is the hard one.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/kids-animals/0024.gif

MajestyJo 08-13-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Intimacy - In To Me See!

Intimacy is natural for us. We are designed to be caring, sensitive, and loving toward one another.

Intimacy requires vulnerability.

~ Gary Zukav ~
Because of the abuse in my life, it was hard for me to become vulnerable and let people into my space.

Those little things, inviting people to my home, spending time with someone, be it a meeting, coffee shop, a movie. I had immense walls along with a lot of anger, so it took a long time to remove those bricks. I think I put up glass ones, so people could see, but don't touch.