Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Recovery Readings (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Thought For Today - January (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10368)

bluidkiti 12-30-2016 06:43 AM

Thought For Today - January

January 1

New Year

The dawn of a new year is a time of new possibilities. Let go of the past, reach into the future and give birth to new possibilities.

bluidkiti 01-02-2017 04:29 AM

January 2

Preferences, Not Expectations

We all have expectations on how we want things to happen. When things don’t happen the way you want them to, instead of getting frustrated and disappointed, tell yourself: “I would have preferred “A”, but now that “B” has happened, it’s OK! Have preferences, not expectations. “I’d prefer if people were thoughtful, but when they’re rude, it’s not going to ruin my day.” “I’d prefer sunshine but rain is OK!” Play this game in your head, and you’ll feel more peaceful.

bluidkiti 01-03-2017 02:54 AM

Thought Diet

Why not make your mind healthier and go on a thought diet! Cut down on all those unhealthy negative and wasteful thoughts that offer no nutritional value. Start feeding your mind with positive healthy thoughts. Here’s our suggestion for a balanced diet for the mind: For vitamins have creative ideas. For proteins, think powerful thoughts about yourself. For carbohydrates, have good feelings for others.

bluidkiti 01-04-2017 06:22 AM

Get Your Inner Critic On Your Side

Your inner critic puts you down, but have you considered that your inner critic may not be against you? It's probably trying to help you to do and be your best, it just isn’t going about it, in a compassionate and a constructive way.

Rather than battle with your inner critic, try to a) take constructive suggestions from your inner critic, and b) make your inner voice compassionate and constructive. Try this and you’ll probably get your inner critic on your side.

bluidkiti 01-05-2017 02:50 AM

In The Heat Of A Stressful Moment

In the heat of a stressful moment, if you can, stop for a few seconds or minutes to relax. Take a few deep breaths and loosen your arms, drop your shoulders, rotate your neck and release the stress.

You may want to remind yourself that nothing can make you feel stressed without your permission, and also consider the possibility that you feel stressed because you think you are.

Calm your mind and take control of your stress. Do this and it will help you put stress into perspective, and handle the situation with a calmer state of mind.

bluidkiti 01-06-2017 05:59 AM

Respect, Not Neglect

Are you neglecting your relationships? We don’t mean to, but neglect often happens when we take our relationships for granted or get caught up in the whirlwind of life.

Strong relationships are essential to our happiness & resilience. So take an inventory of your personal & professional relationships & determine how to respect the relationships you have been neglecting.

bluidkiti 01-06-2017 06:00 AM

January 7

I Don't Have Time!

“I don’t have time.” If you think it, you believe it. Not only is it self-fulfilling but it also creates a feeling of scarcity, stress and sadness.

Ditch the “I don’t have time” attitude. Instead, switch to “I have time.” "I have the right amount of time to do the things I want and need to do." Change your attitude and see how it changes how you feel.

bluidkiti 01-06-2017 06:00 AM

January 8

An Open Mind

You've heard the quote: "The mind is like a parachute, it works best when it is open."

Try keeping an open mind. You may understand things better, enhance the quality of your relationships & discover a world of possibilities. The result may just be amazing.

So keep your mind open, just know what to let in.

bluidkiti 01-09-2017 03:07 AM

Places and Spaces

Have you noticed how the crowds, the quiet, the busyness in the workplace, the green in the park, all have an impact on you?

This week, find tranquil places and powerful spaces you can visit regularly. Soak up the atmosphere and the ambience, and keep yourself empowered and energized.

bluidkiti 01-10-2017 05:07 AM

Life's Waves

Often, when we get overwhelmed by life’s challenges, we lose sight of the bigger picture. It's as if we lose sight of the ocean for the waves.

Life’s challenges are like waves, they come and go. See the ocean between the waves and the waves will seem less overwhelming. See the bigger picture and you'll find it easier to overcome life's challenges.

bluidkiti 01-11-2017 04:38 AM

Playlists for Different Purposes

Music can boost our motivation and mood. But we all like something different, so create different playlists for different purposes and use music to your advantage.

You can create a:
- Motivational playlist to keep you moving towards your goals.
- Feel good playlist to lift you up when you feel down.
- Instrumental playlist to help you focus and get things done.

bluidkiti 01-12-2017 05:28 AM

Making the Right Decisions

Do you worry about making the right decision?

Even though you don't want to get it wrong, understand that each decision has a potential risk of being a wrong decision, so you can't get it right 100% of the time.

Even though it's about doing the right thing, there is no formula for making the right decisions. So you may as well stop worrying & start making decisions confidently & easily.

bluidkiti 01-13-2017 04:28 AM

Being Purposefully Vague

Do you sometimes find yourself being vague in your communication? Well, sometimes, being purposefully vague is useful. Sometimes less information is more, sometimes being less clear is a better option than hurting someone's feelings, and sometimes being vague limits people's interference in our life.

But vague isn’t easy to understand. So get clear about when to be vague and when to be really clear and leave no room for misunderstandings.

bluidkiti 01-13-2017 04:29 AM

January 14

Feel Like a Pressure Cooker?

Ever feel like a pressure cooker? When thoughts and emotions build up, we become like a pressure cooker on the verge of exploding.

Next time you feel like a pressure cooker, turn the heat down and loosen the lid of routine. Unwind and gradually let off some steam and release the pressure.

Once you’ve cooled down, think about 1) where the pressure is coming from, 2) how to avoid becoming like a pressure cooker again, 3) setting a whistle to warn you, maybe your body, emotions or reactions can signal you when the pressure is building up.

bluidkiti 01-13-2017 04:29 AM

January 15

What Freedom Means

We all love the idea of being free - but what does that really mean? Well, freedom doesn’t mean 'doing what you want, when you want'. Freedom is a state of mind.
So free your mind from all that holds you down and holds you back.

Be free and carry the experience of freedom into who you are and what you do.