Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verses - December (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16059)

bluidkiti 12-01-2018 06:23 AM

Bible Verses - December

December 1

And so, Lord, where do I put my hope? My only hope is in you. Psalm 39:7

"But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head." Psalms 3:3

Psalm 27:14 – Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord!

John 1:1-2 and 14 – In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Jeremiah 29:11 NIV "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Matthew 11:28-30 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

bluidkiti 12-02-2018 06:20 AM

December 2

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." Matthew 1:21

Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings. – 1 Peter 5:8-9

Show me your ways, Lord teach me your paths. —Psalm 25:4

Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light for my path. Psalm 119:105

Lamentations 3:22-24 22 Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. 23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 24 I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.”

Jesus said to him, Thomas, because you have seen me, you have believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. - John 20:29

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. — Colossians 3:12

bluidkiti 12-03-2018 07:33 AM

December 3

He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will never be shaken. Psalm 62:2

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." Jeremiah 33:3

John 6:35 – Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty."

"If two of you agree on earth about anything you ask, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven." Matthew 18:19

Psalm 119:33-37 33 Teach me, Lord, the way of your decrees, that I may follow it to the end. 34 Give me understanding, so that I may keep your law and obey it with all my heart. 35 Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight. 36 Turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain. 37 Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word.

"But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you." Matthew 5:44

For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. — 2 Peter 1:5-7

bluidkiti 12-04-2018 06:36 AM

December 4

James 4:7 7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Psalm 24:1 – The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it. The world and all its people belong to him.

John 8:12 – When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

Trust in and rely confidently on the Lord with all your heart and do not rely on your own insight or understanding. —Proverbs 3:5

"Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel." Isaiah 7:14

dwmoeller 12-04-2018 11:24 AM

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayers. - Romans 12:12

Thought: Anticipate, endure, and talk to God

bluidkiti 12-05-2018 06:27 AM

December 5

I am counting on the Lord; yes, I am counting on him. I have put my hope in his word. Psalm 130:5

"Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me." Psalms 51:11

Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

John 10:7,9-10 – Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it the full."

Psalm 103:1-6, 8, 19 1 Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. 2 Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits—3 who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, 4 who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, 5 who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s. 6 The Lord works righteousness and justice for all the oppressed. 8 The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. 19 The Lord has established his throne in heaven, and his kingdom rules over all.

Psalm 46:1 1 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.

Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. — Matthew 5:11

bluidkiti 12-06-2018 07:04 AM

December 6

Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this: The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Lamentations 3:21-22

You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. 1 John 4:4

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. John 1:1-2

Accept each other just as Christ has accepted you. Romans 15:7

[Jesus said,] "I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me — just as the Father knows me and I know the Father — and I lay down my life for the sheep." —John 10:14-15

Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Proverbs 31:8

Keep me safe, my God, for in you I take refuge. I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing.” – Psalm 16:1-2

Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

bluidkiti 12-07-2018 06:24 AM

December 7

"Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass." Psalms 37:5

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. Psalm 23:1

Matthew 1:23 “Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.”

[Jesus said,] "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?" —John 11:25

Keep me safe, my God, for in you I take refuge. I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing.” – Psalm 16:1-2

I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid. John 14:27

Ephesians 5:1-2 NIV Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

1 Timothy 2: 1-6 1 I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— 2 for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 3 This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself as a ransom for all people.

bluidkiti 12-08-2018 05:10 AM

December 8

Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. James 4:7

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." —John 14:6

Mark 12:30 NIV "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength."

"But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Titus 3:4-7 4 But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, 5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6 whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.

bluidkiti 12-09-2018 06:05 AM

December 9

"Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established." Proverbs 16:3

For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. —Romans 8:38-39

2 Samuel 7:22 NIV "How great you are, O Sovereign LORD! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you."

Jesus answered, I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6

bluidkiti 12-10-2018 06:31 AM

December 10

3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. 4 I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do. 5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began. John 17:3-5

13 You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love. 14 For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Galatians 5:13-14

Philippians 4:13 – For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.

2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. James 1:2-6

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

John 1:1-3 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

bluidkiti 12-11-2018 06:03 AM

December 11

"Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me." Psalms 51:10

Psalm 51:12 (NIV) Restore to me the joy of Your salvation and grant me a willing spirit to sustain me.

Psalm 42:11 – Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.

5 Your love, Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies. 6 Your righteousness is like the highest mountains, your justice like the great deep. You, Lord, preserve both people and animals. 7 How priceless is your unfailing love, O God! People take refuge in the shadow of your wings. 8 They feast on the abundance of your house; you give them drink from your river of delights. 9 For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light. Psalm 36:5-9

Humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and in his good time he will honor you. 1 Peter 5:6

Choose a good reputation over great riches, for being held in high esteem is better than having silver or gold. Proverbs 22:1

bluidkiti 12-12-2018 05:33 AM

December 12

"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." John 8:32

Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. - Ephesians 6:11

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." —John 3:16

Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. — Matthew 5:7

"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." Romans 15:13

John 1:1-10 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. There was a man sent from God whose name was John. He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe. He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light. The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.

bluidkiti 12-13-2018 05:26 AM

December 13

Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matthew 11:29-30

Philippians 4:12-13 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

Make it your goal to live a quiet life, minding your own business and working with your hands, just as we instructed you before. -1 Thessalonians 4:11

Matthew 5:14-16 14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

Now may the Lord of peace himself give you his peace at all times and in every situation. The Lord be with you all. 2 Thessalonians 3:16

bluidkiti 12-14-2018 04:56 AM

December 14

John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

James 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ. – 2 Corinthians 4:6

Luke 6:30 NIV Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back.

12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. 15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. 16 Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. 17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. Colossians 3:12-17