Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verses - December (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21930)

bluidkiti 12-01-2020 05:49 AM

Bible Verses - December

December 1

See how very much our Father loves us, for he calls us his children, and that is what we are! 1 John 3:1a

Jesus promised, "If two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven." (Matthew 18:19 NIV)

John 1:1-2, 14 “[The Word Became Flesh] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.”

I wait quietly before God, for my victory comes from him. Psalm 62:1

bluidkiti 12-02-2020 05:35 AM

December 2

Ephesians 2:8-10 8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Ephesians 5:1-2 1 Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children 2 and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

Hebrews 12:1-2 "Let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith."

John 13:34-35 – I give you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, so you also must love each other. This is how everyone will know that you are my disciples, when you love each other.

Romans 12:2 – Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is — his good, pleasing and perfect will.

The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me? Hebrews13:6

Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, outcry, and slander, be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving each other, just as God also in Christ forgave you. - Ephesians 4:31-32

Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light for my path. Psalm 119:105

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. — Colossians 3:12

bluidkiti 12-03-2020 04:44 AM

December 3

God, you are my God. I search for you. I thirst for you like someone in a dry, empty land where there is no water. —Psalm 63:1

“Be still, and know that I am God. I am exalted among the nations. I am exalted in the earth.” Psalms 46:11

1 John 2:1-2 NIV My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense -- Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

Hosea 6:3 3 Let us acknowledge the LORD; let us press on to acknowledge him. As surely as the sun rises, he will appear; he will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth.

John 6:35 35 Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty."

bluidkiti 12-04-2020 06:16 AM

December 4

Turn my eyes from worthless things, and give me life through your word. Psalm 119:37

Christ, who suffered for you, is your example. Follow in his steps. 1 Peter 2:21

“Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” — Luke 6:38

Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you; not as the world gives, give I to you. Don't let your heart be troubled, neither let it be fearful. - John 14:27

Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. —Romans 12:4-5

Trust in and rely confidently on the Lord with all your heart and do not rely on your own insight or understanding. —Proverbs 3:5

bluidkiti 12-05-2020 06:00 AM

December 5

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1:14

He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will never be shaken. Psalm 62:2

I am counting on the Lord; yes, I am counting on him. I have put my hope in his word. Psalm 130:5

Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

John 10:7,9-10 – Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it the full."

Psalm 103:1-6, 8, 19 1 Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. 2 Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits—3 who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, 4 who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, 5 who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s. 6 The Lord works righteousness and justice for all the oppressed. 8 The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. 19 The Lord has established his throne in heaven, and his kingdom rules over all.

Psalm 46:1 1 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.

Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. — Matthew 5:11

bluidkiti 12-06-2020 06:36 AM

December 6

Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. James 4:8a

John 13:34-35 – I give you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, so you also must love each other. This is how everyone will know that you are my disciples, when you love each other.

Be strong and brave. Don't be afraid of them. Don't be frightened. The Lord your God will go with you. He will not leave you or forget you. ?—Deuteronomy 31:6

John 10:14-15 14 “I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep.

bluidkiti 12-07-2020 05:32 AM

December 7

Be strong and brave. Don't be afraid of them. Don't be frightened. The Lord your God will go with you. He will not leave you or forget you. ?—Deuteronomy 31:6

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. — Galatians 5:22-23

I lift up my eyes to the mountains— where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1-2

Ephesians 2:8-10 – For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith — and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God — not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

bluidkiti 12-08-2020 05:28 AM

December 8

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’” Matthew 22:37 NIV

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. —2 Corinthians 4:18

John 12:46 (NIV) Jesus said, "I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness."

And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows. Luke 12:7

John 14:6 “Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”

bluidkiti 12-09-2020 05:27 AM

December 9

For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. Romans 8:14

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. — Hebrews 13:8

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. — Philippians 2:3

LORD, you will grant us peace; all we have accomplished is really from you. Isaiah 26:12

bluidkiti 12-10-2020 12:04 AM

December 10

“Don’t hide your light! Let it shine for all; let your good deeds glow for all to see, so that they will praise your heavenly Father.” Matthew 5:16

For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

13 You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love. 14 For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Galatians 5:13-14

Philippians 4:13 – For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.

2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. James 1:2-6

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

John 1:1-3 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

bluidkiti 12-11-2020 06:31 AM

December 11

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7

So that with good courage we say, "The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?" - Hebrews 13:6

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds. ?—James 1:2

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. — Matthew 6:6

Romans 12:11 – Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.

Humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and in his good time he will honor you. 1 Peter 5:6

I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world. John 6:51

bluidkiti 12-12-2020 03:54 AM

December 12

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. —Romans 12:12

Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. — Matthew 5:7

Jeremiah 29:11 NIV "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. John 6:57

bluidkiti 12-13-2020 01:22 AM

December 13

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." ?—John 3:16

“Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.” — Matthew 10:29-30

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens. Ecclesiastes 3:1

For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body — whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free — and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. —1 Corinthians 12:13

bluidkiti 12-14-2020 05:08 AM

December 14

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you: when you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, neither shall the flame kindle on you. - Isaiah 43:2

Let the Holy Spirit fill and control you. Ephesians 5:18

Jesus told [Thomas], “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.” John 14:6

Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved. ?—Psalm 55:22

Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Luke 6:38

God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. - Psalms 46:1

for with God nothing shall be impossible. — Luke 1:37

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. — Colossians 3:17

bluidkiti 12-15-2020 06:34 AM

December 15

13 Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister. — Romans 14:13

Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be glory both now and forever! Amen.— 2 Peter 3:18

Titus 2:11-14 11 For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. 12 It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, 13 while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.

Let your good deeds shine out for all to see. Matthew 5:16

Mark 14:38 38 Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. — James 5:16