Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Daily Spiritual Meditations - October 29 (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32223)

bluidkiti 10-24-2023 07:38 AM

Daily Spiritual Meditations - October 29

Standing Firm - Armor of God Day 29 by SGLY Ministry

and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power. Colossians 2:10 [NKJV]

JESUS IS THE ARMOR OF GOD

As believers we must realize that we will always be on satan’s “hit list”. He will always be prowling about seeking someway to devour us, or cause us to doubt, stumble, or fall.
The evil rulers and authorities in the unseen world will always be seeking ways to bring havoc into our life. The mighty powers in this dark world will always be creating chaos daily, and the evil spirits in the heavenly places will try to unseat us and influence us to follow false teachers or cause us to believe lies sent by satan, who is the father of lies, to lead us away from the truth.

But if we put on and wear God’s Armor daily which is Jesus Christ, Truth Himself, we will be protected in every way from the enemy’s onslaughts against us physically, mentally, and spiritually. It is only when we walk in this world un-protected, become complacent, let down our guard, don’t stay alert, or misjudge our enemy, that we are vulnerable to getting wounded or fall into temptation. God has provided everything we need to protect ourselves, we just must be obedient to use it.

…it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. …the day is at hand: let us put on the armour of light. …put on the Lord Jesus Christ, Romans 13:11,12,14 KJV

For in him we live, and move, and have our being; Acts 17:28 KJV

Prayer: Dear God, thank You for providing everything I need to stand firm in faith and not be shaken by the enemies attacks. If I will but put on Your Armor daily as a true soldier is taught to do, I will not have any problems resisting the enemies attacks. If I “put on the Lord Jesus Christ” who is the Word of God, Truth, Righteousness, Prince of Peace, Salvation and Faith, the enemy must flee. Help me daily God to remember to stay alert and be diligent to put on the Armor of Light that will shine brightly to drive out darkness wherever I go.
Jesus said: “Abide in Me, and I in you… John 15:4 NKJV “I have come as a light into the world, that whoever believes in Me should not abide in darkness.” John 12:46 NKJV

Today: Be an obedient soldier. Wear the Full Armor of God and pray in the Spirit for yourself and all believers everywhere.

bluidkiti 10-24-2023 07:38 AM

Today’s Scripture: “[In His love] He chose us [actually picked us out for Himself as His own] in Christ, before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy...” (Ephesians 1:4, AMP)

Handpicked by God

Before you were ever born, before the very foundation of the earth, God knew you, planned for you and chose you! He approved you and called you His own. You may have been overlooked by people in your life; maybe you were passed up for a job or overlooked by someone whose opinion you valued. But remember, God won’t ever overlook you! In fact, He handpicked you. He chose you to be holy, or set apart, for Himself.

Meditate on this truth today: You are God’s most valued possession. You are special. You are the apple of His eye. He knows everything about you; He even knows the number of hairs you have on your head. He has given you the gifts and abilities that you have for a purpose. You carry great value and significance. Don’t ever lose sight of the treasure He’s placed within you.

Remember, you are handpicked by God and nothing can change His love for you!

A Prayer for Today: “Father, thank You for loving me today. Help me to understand Your love so that I can show your love to those around me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.”

Joel Osteen

bluidkiti 10-24-2023 07:39 AM

The Lord is our great Protector and Defender

He is with me always

The Lord is my great Protector and Defender, in Him I can safely trust.

He is with me always.

Through trials and adversities, in the good times and during the bad times, He is with me.

During times of sadness and times of rejoicing, He is with me.

When I have suffered failures and defeats or when I have been victorious, He is with me.

When I am surrounded by many who love me or when I am alone and rejected, He is with me.

At times when I prosper and the harvest is plenteous or in times of drought and poverty, He is with me.

When the light shines brightly and truth prevails, or in times of darkness and falsehood abounds, He is with me.

The Lord, my God, is faithful and true, He will never leave me nor forsake me.

He is with me always. Amen.
Jim Welch

Forgiveness by Max Lucado

Ephesians 4:26-27 says, “Do not let the sun go down on your anger, and do not give the devil an opportunity!”

The word opportunity in this verse means territory or ground. In other words, anger gives ground to the devil. Bitterness invites him to occupy a space in your heart, to rent a room. Believe me, he’ll move in and stink up the place. Gossip, slander, temper—anytime you see these, Satan has claimed a bunk. Don’t even give him the time of day. Tell him to pack his bags and hit the road!

Begin the process of forgiveness. Keep no list of wrongs. Pray for your antagonists rather than plot against them. Outrageous as it may seem, Jesus died for them, too. If he thinks they’re worth forgiving, they are. Does that make forgiveness easy? No. Quick? Seldom. Forgive your enemies? Forgive them. You’ll get through this!

From You’ll Get Through This

Forgiveness

"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."1

A friend sent me the following illustration: One of my teachers had each one of us bring a clear plastic bag and a sack of potatoes. For every person we refused to forgive for whatever they did, we were told to choose a potato, write on it the name and date, and put it in the plastic bag.

We were then told to carry this bag with us everywhere for two weeks, putting it beside our bed at night, on the car seat when driving, next to our desk at work, etc.

The hassle of lugging this around with us made it clear what a weight we were carrying spiritually and emotionally, and how we had to pay attention to it all the time to not forget it and leave it in embarrassing places.

Naturally, the condition of the potatoes deteriorated. This was a great metaphor for the price we pay for nursing our grudges. Too often we think of forgiveness as a gift to the other person while it clearly is for ourselves!

So the next time you decide you can't forgive someone, ask yourself, Isn't your bag heavy enough?

Suggested prayer: "Dear God, please help me to forgive all who have ever hurt me and to never nurse a grudge—no matter what others have done or have failed to do—just as you always forgive me. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully in Jesus' name, amen."

1. Jesus (Luke 6:37, NIV).
--Daily Encounter

Turn Your Security System On

A horrible thing happened to me today, a thief broke into my house.

It happened shortly after I awoke this morning. I got up and began rushing about. I had a thousand things on my list and was already running behind. Quickly, I gulped down breakfast, took a shower and got ready for work.

In my rush, I forgot to turn the security system on at my house. It was just about a half an hour later that the thief broke in. Of course, he didn't make a sound. Just kind of snuck inside, not drawing any attention to himself. In fact, none of the neighbors ever saw him.

But, I did.

You see, I was home when the thief broke in.

He naturally startled me, as I was unprepared for his visit. He, of course, didn't announce that he was coming and I certainly had not invited him over.

And yet, I found myself face to face with danger and I felt so powerless. I also felt so very stupid, because this whole incident could have been avoided if I had just taken the time to turn the security system on.

You better believe I'll be turning it on tomorrow morning! I thought I'd warn you about this guy, because he's still on the loose. Chances are, he's in your area. Possibly even headed for your house.

His name? His name is satan. You see, this morning when I jumped up in my haste to get started on my busy day, I skipped my prayer time--opting to pray later today. In other words, I didn't turn on the security system. My defense wasn't on, my guard was dropped and when the thief came into my home to attack me, I was unprepared to do battle. He tempted me and I felt powerless. Like I said, I also felt so very stupid, because I could have avoided the incident if I had just taken the time to pray.

My friend, the thief has come to steal, kill and destroy. And, as a Child of God, you are on his hit list. He'll probably pop over to your house today. He may be lurking outside your door right now, just waiting to catch you off guard.

Take time to pray this morning. Ask God to bind satan from your very presence, to protect you and empower you to do battle. In short, don't forget to turn your security system on. Author Unknown

We Need God’s Answers

When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own but will tell you what he has heard. He will tell you about the future. – John 16:13 (NLT)

There are so many questions in the world today. You might wonder what to do in the future. It could be that fears over your health or your safety grip your heart, and you wonder what to do.

The truth is, in the world we live in today, we need God. We need His wisdom. We need His answers.

God has all the wisdom and all the answers. So instead of consulting Google about your problem, consider asking God. God wants to lead you into all truth. He wants to show you things to come.

Today’s Truth: We Need God’s Answers

Life gets easier when you go to God for answers. When you don’t understand, don’t know what to do next or how to go on, go to God. He wants to lead you and give you answers in things big and small. So don’t be afraid to ask!

https://studentdevos.com/

bluidkiti 10-24-2023 07:40 AM

Linger in God's Presence

Linger in My Presence a while. Rein in your impulses to plunge into the day’s activities. Beginning your day alone with Me is essential preparation for success. A great athlete takes time to prepare himself mentally for the feat ahead of him before he moves a muscle. Similarly, your time of being still in My Presence equips you for the day ahead of you. Only I know what will happen to you this day. I have arranged the events you will encounter as you go along your way. If you are not adequately equipped for the journey, you will grow weary and lose heart. Relax with Me while I ready you for action.

Jesus Calling

Ephesians 2:10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Hebrews 12:3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

An attitude of gratitude

“Rejoice always, pray constantly, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16–18 (NRSV)

Family, dogs, green grass, blue sky, friends, snow, sun, chirping birds, job, spouse, comfy shoes, a soft pillow, coffee, chocolate, smiles, music, art, books, evergreen trees, irises, fresh air, horses, friends… These are some of the things I’m grateful for, Lord, and Your creative hand provided them all.

Even though I may have money troubles, physical ailments, rebellious children or myriad other complaints, I still choose to give thanks to you. An attitude of gratitude is a decision I make each morning—even on the days when I have difficulty thinking of a single thing I’m thankful for. A baby’s laugh, a purring kitten, a friendly hug . . . I look until I find. And I give thanks.

Faith Step: Think of five things you are grateful for and concentrate on those today. Praise God for them.

Author Unknown

God's not done with me yet!

I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. Romans 12:1–2

There was a 7th grade Sunday school teacher who told me about a time when she was working with boys one Sunday morning. One in particular was really cutting up quite a bit. He wouldn’t stay in his seat, wasn’t listening to the teacher, and was disrupting the whole class.

So the teacher took the boy outside and asked him, “Who made you?” to which the boy replied “God did.”

The teacher responded, “That’s right. So why aren’t you acting like it?” The boy thought for a second and said, “Well, maybe He’s not done with me yet!”

You know, there’s a lot of truth in the words of that little boy. That’s because as long as we’re here on this earth, God is still working on us, conforming us to His image and making our hearts more and more like His!

So if you’re struggling today with any hurts or bad habits, keep moving forward. Remember that God isn’t finished with you. He’s taking the old and making it new day by day. Live with hope knowing you’re growing more and more like Christ as you obey Him daily!

SUBMIT YOURSELF TO CHRIST DAILY, AND GOD WILL MAKE YOU MORE AND MORE LIKE HIM!

Jack Graham

https://fthmb.tqn.com/joS6M7F2lkVl9j...2ccd764f84.jpg

Today's Bible Verse: Isaiah 40:11 He will tend his flock like a shepherd; he will gather the lambs in his arms; he will carry them in his bosom, and gently lead those that are with young. (ESV)

Today's Inspiring Thought: God Personally Cares for You

This picture of a shepherd reminds us of God's personal love as he watches over us. When we're feeling weak and helpless, like a lamb, the Lord will gather us in his arms and carry us close.

When we need guidance, we can trust him to gently lead. He personally knows our needs, and we can rest in the safety of his sheltering care.

http://christianity.about.com/od/ver.../verseday4.htm

bluidkiti 10-24-2023 07:41 AM

God's Word For Today

Just Ask!

Read Luke 11:1–54

Nan and her teenager looked at the heavy console TV in their van. “How are we going to move this?” her son asked. “It’s way too heavy.”

“Why don’t we ask them for help?” Nan said, nodding at two young men working on a car in the street.

“Nah, they’re busy,” the teen replied.

They tried again to move the TV, but it didn’t budge.

Nan marched across the street, and the men immediately said they’d be happy to help. In moments the fellows easily accomplished the tough task.

“It’s amazing what people will do if we’ll only ask,” Nan told her son.

“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you” (Luke 11:9).

How many times do we stress and struggle, trying to solve problems or find answers on our own—forgetting to ask God for help? Sometimes God waits to step in until we ask, seek, or knock. Then He saves the day, and we wonder why we didn’t call on Him sooner!

Prayer Suggestion: Lord, help me remember that to see You work sometimes I just need to ask.

Quicklook: Luke 11:1–13