View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 05:43 AM   #22
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 22

For Today Prayer

God, please come and be with me in my circumstances. Fill my thoughts with Your thoughts and Your wisdom. Please come and act on my behalf. Show me what to do and give me the power and strength to take responsibility where I can but let go of the rest and lay down the burden. Fill my heart with courage to act and to do the next right thing.

I won't let the past rob me of the peace and stability You promise me in this day. I let go of regret and shame. I will live in this new day as the new person I am when God lives in me.

For this one day I will be simple hearted and focused in my mind on what I can do and on your commitment to show me a way through the rest.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

To grasp the A.A. program, we have to think things out.

We have to learn to think straight. We have to change from alcoholic thinking to sober thinking. We must build up a new way of looking at things. Before we came into A.A., we wanted an artificial life of excitement and everything that goes with drinking. That kind of a life looked normal to us then. But as we look back now, that life looks the exact opposite of normal. In fact, it looks most abnormal. We must reeducate our minds.

So ............

Am I changing from an abnormal thinker to a sober normal thinker?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Wants and Needs

Part of taking responsibility for us means taking responsibility for what we want and need, and knowing that's okay to do. Learning to tune in to us, learning to listen to ourselves, is an art. It takes practice.

What we want and need counts. It's important, and it's valid. It's okay to learn to participate in meeting our own needs. What does it sound like we might want and need? What would we guess would help us feel better? What are our feelings telling us? Our body? Our mind? Our intuition? If we ask, then listen closely; we'll hear the answer.

We can learn to identify what we want and need and be patient with ourselves while we're learning. I will pay attention to what I want and need. I will not discount myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Restore Us to Sanity

Few indeed are the practicing alcoholics who have any idea how irrational they are, or, seeing their irrationality, can bear to face it. For example, some will be willing to term themselves "problem drinkers," but cannot endure the suggestion that they are in fact mentally ill.

They are abetted in this blindness by a world which does not understand the difference between sane drinking and alcoholism. "Sanity" is defined as "soundness of mind." Yet no alcoholic, soberly analyzing his destructive behavior, whether the destruction fell on the dining-room furniture or his own moral fiber, can claim "soundness of mind" for himself.

As Bill Sees It Page 141

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still.” ~ Chinese proverb
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: