View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 04:39 AM   #24
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 24

Negative Thinking Prayer

Lord,
Sometimes I have terrible thoughts that run through my head.
Remove the bad thoughts that torment me.
Cast the enemy out of my mind and my life.
Let no attack, deceit or contamination affect me any more.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

Alcoholics are people whose drinking got them into a "blind alley."

They are always making the same mistakes and suffering the same consequences over and over again. They refuse to admit they're alcoholic. They still think they can handle the stuff. They won't swallow their pride and admit that they're different from ordinary drinkers. They won't face the fact that they must spend the rest of their lives without liquor. They can't visualize life without ever taking a drink.

So ............

Am I out of this blind alley?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Trust That Guidance Will Come

Trust and act on the guidance you have now.

Some parts of our lives appear like a long, paved highway. We can see exactly where to go; we have a panoramic view. Other times, it may feel like we’re driving in the dark with only one headlight on a winding road through the fog. We can only see a few feet in front of the car.

Don’t worry if you can’t see that far ahead, if you only have a glimmer of light to guide your path. Slow down. Listen to your heart. Guidance will come. Trust what you hear. Do the small thing. Take the one step. Go as far as you can see.

Then go back to your heart, and you’ll hear the next step. It may be a step of immediate action, or deliberate inaction. Sometimes you may have to quiet down, wait, and prepare yourself to hear what you’re to do next.

Trust and act on the guidance you have now, and more will come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inspiration

At some time, perhaps in a more moderate way, nearly everyone has experienced this spirit touch of God, the fleeting feeling of insight, love, joy, and 'The world is right.' Once, I thought that only unusual circumstances made these moments possible. Actually, I now think, they are forecasts of what one can have if one is willing to take the time and make the effort. Peace, love, and joy can be sought through quiet thinking and honest prayer. The wholeness, the new awareness, that is produced affects one's relationship with God and man to a degree greater than would seem possible in ordinary life.

Came to Believe Page 65

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"For many, negative thinking is a habit which, over time, becomes an addiction." ~ Peter McWilliams
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: