View Single Post
Old 04-05-2021, 05:21 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 5

Prayer For This Day

Lord, grant me tenacious winsome courage as I go through this day.
When I am tempted to give up, help me to keep going.
Grant me a cheerful spirit when things don't go my way.
And give me courage to do whatever needs to be done.
Your will. not mine be done.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

After we've made a surrender, the drink problem is out of our hands and in the hands of God.

The thing we have to do is to be sure that we never reach out and take the problem back into our own hands. Leave it in God's hands. Whenever I'm tempted to take a drink, I must say to my self: "I can't do that. I've made a bargain with God not to drink. I know God doesn't want me to drink and so I won't do it." At the same time I say a little prayer to God for the strength needed to keep the bargain with Him.

So ............

Am I going to keep my bargain with God?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Accepting Ourselves

Some of us may have felt confused when people encouraged us to be ourselves. How could we know ourselves, or be who we are, when, for years, many of us submerged ourselves in the needs of others? We do have a self.

We're learning to accept ourselves, as we are for the present moment - to accept our feelings, thoughts, flaws, wants, needs, and desires. If our thoughts or feelings are confused, we accept that too. To be who we are means we accept our past - our history - exactly as is.

To be ourselves means we are entitled to our opinions and beliefs - for the present moment and subject to change. We accept our limitations and our strengths. To be who we are means we accept our physical selves, as well as our mental, emotional, and spiritual selves.

Being whom we are, loving and accepting ourselves, is not a limiting attitude. Accepting and loving ourselves is how we enable growth and change. If I'm not yet certain who I am, I will affirm that I have a right to that exciting discovery.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Relapses--and the Group

An early fear was that of slips or relapses. At first nearly every alcoholic we approached began to slip, if indeed he sobered up at all. Others would stay dry six months or maybe a year and then take a skid. This was always a genuine catastrophe. We would all look at each other and say, "Who next?"

Today, though slips are a very serious difficulty, as a group we take them in stride. Fear has evaporated. Alcohol always threatens the individual, but we know that it cannot destroy the common welfare.

A.A. Comes Of Age Page 97

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“Option A:
Spend your life trying to get others to accept you.
Option B:
Accept yourself, and spend your life with others who recognize what a beauty you are.”
~ Scott Stabile
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: