View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 05:31 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 3

Prayer for Procrastinators

Lord,
Help me with my prioritization. Guide my thoughts and my hand as I break things down into tasks and lay out the order in which things need to get done. Guide me toward what you think is best. Bring me friends and family that will kindly push me in the right directions. Unblock my thoughts and open my mind. Lord, I ask that once I get started, you help me remain focused. I know how easily I can be distracted by other things. Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

The A.A. way of living is not an easy one.

But it's an adventure in living that is really worthwhile. And it's so much better than our old drunken way of living that there's no comparison. Our lives without A.A. would be worth nothing. With A.A., we have a chance to live reasonably good lives. It's worth the battle, no matter how tough the going is from day to day.

So ............

Isn't it worth the battle?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Worry

Worrying doesn’t help. Our worries haven’t prevented one disaster along the way. At times, the only thing they’ve prevented is our joy. Our worries are fear. We say, I will worry and be fearful until things have worked out; only then can I relax and enjoy. Our worries are self-punishment, a form of not forgiving ourselves, not loving ourselves, not trusting.

We may think that worrying helps ward off trouble, but that’s an illusion. Sometimes worrying brings trouble upon us, because we’re so caught up in our fear that we don’t take the responsible steps we need to take. By neglecting our lives due to worry and fear, we may bring needless consequences upon ourselves.

The lesson is trust. When we’re trusting, we let go of our fear, confident that what we want and need will come. We trust that if what comes appears to be trouble or hardship, we will get what we need to get through that, too. When we trust, we get peaceful first, before we get what we want, before we see what the future brings.

Worry and fear are the opposite of love. Love yourself more that you ever have. Love yourself enough to stop worrying. Love yourself enough to give yourself the gift of peace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Challenges

There is no easier, softer way.
To bring the great escape act into sobriety is to travel with a companion that led me to despair long ago. The teaching I receive in Alcoholics Anonymous about courage and love helps me to continue to grapple with the challenges of life as they are given to me, one day at a time.

The Best of the Grapevine [Vol. 3], Page 320

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“There are people who are always anticipating trouble, and in this way they manage to enjoy many sorrows that never really happen to them.” ~ Josh Billings
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: