View Single Post
Old 06-04-2021, 05:25 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 4

A Morning Prayer

I come before you O Lord
As the sun rises may your hope rise up in me.
As the birds sing may your love flow out of me.
As the light floods into this new day,
May your joy shine through me.
I come before you, O Lord
And drink in this moment of peace,
That I may carry something of your hope, love and joy
Today in my heart.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

If we allow an alcoholic thought to lodge in our minds for any length of time, we are in danger of having a slip.

Therefore we must dispel such thoughts at once, by refusing their admittance and by immediately putting constructive thoughts in their place. Remember that alcohol is poison to you. Remember that it is impossible for you to drink normally. Remember that one drink will lead to another and you will eventually be drunk. Remember what happened to you in the past as a result of your drinking. Think of every reason you have learned in A.A. for not taking that drink. Fill your mind with constructive thoughts.

So ............

Am I keeping my thoughts constructive?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Prejudice

In recovery I am accepting that I am not perfect and some prejudices are part of my life what it is to be human. On a daily basis I am trying to deal with them, and talking about them helps. They don't go away just because I talk about them, but I get them in perspective and I grow in an understanding of myself through the recognition of my prejudices.

Alcoholism made me into a “fake. " I appeared to be what I was not and my prejudices were part of the camouflage. My prejudices revealed my fears and my need to "people-please". Slowly, in my daily spiritual program, I am discovering the courage to stand alone.

"Everyone is a prisoner of his own experiences. No one can eliminate prejudices just recognize them." ~ Edward R. Murrow

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope

Hope is the priceless ingredient for recovery. This, AA gives most frequently not in mere words.
Upon the alcoholic's first contact with AA, as he looks across the room and sees men and women respectably clothed and in their right minds, enjoying themselves, that flicker of hope begins to burn. And he says to himself, "If those jokers can do it, I can."
The first need, beyond any other, is hope. Without it, there is nothing.

The Best of the Grapevine [Vol. 1], Pages 156-157

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: