View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 08:07 AM   #1
roverl0616

Default It Works Then It Doesn't

What a surprise I had when I first started to get drunk and high. I didn't necessarily care for the way both made me feel, but I loved the fact that I was relieved from the way I had always felt. It was the first time I just didn't care about myself or anyone else for that matter and this felt so good. Just like a big burden had been lifted off me. I would do just about anything to have more of that, and I did. I was off to the races. I became dependent on alcohol and drugs to solve my problems from addiction. It works then it doesn't. I became very confused as to why it stopped working. I thought maybe by using more it would work again. It did for a while but then it stopped working again I couldn't get enough. I later found this was because this never addresses the problems of addiction; it just temporarily masks them. For me this lasted for about 10 years after that the last 3 years of my drinking and drugging were total Hell. When I began recovery not only had I become alcohol and drug dependent I still had all the malfunctions that came from addiction that had never been treated or diagnosed in my entire life.
roverl0616 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to roverl0616 For Sharing:
Sponsored Links