Administrator

October 3

Irritation Prayer

Lord,
I confess my irritation with those who bully their way with words,
who fail to take responsibility for their actions,
who think no one sees what they do in the shadows,
and who live in a world of denial.
I’m angry and scared and tired of doing the right thing.
Strengthen my heart so that I do not lose hope.
Let me not become one of those that cause irritation.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

We must turn to a Higher Power for help, because we are helpless ourselves.

When we put our drink problem in God's hands and leave it there, we have made the most important decision of our lives. From then on, we trust God for the strength to keep sober. This takes us off the center of the universe and allows us to transfer our problems to a Power outside ourselves. By prayer and meditation, we seek to improve our conscious contact with God. We try to live each day the way we believe God wants us to live.

So ............

Am I trusting God for the strength to stay sober?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Hurrying Up to Wait

We often urge ourselves to hurry up when there's no good reason for it. At such times, all we really do is create needless tension and anxiety.

It's not hurrying, but steady effort that finally brings achievement. We've had entirely too much hurry and impatience. What we really need is confident, persistent effort in the right direction. We see anxious, impatient people speeding through traffic only to be forced to wait at traffic lights, risking life and limb to save a few seconds. A good steady pace is what we need, and it will win the game.

I’ll try to be active, but not overactive. I'll look for rhythm and efficiency in everything I do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Benign Anarchy and Democracy

When we come into A.A. we find a greater personal freedom than any other society knows. We cannot be compelled to do anything. In that sense our Society is a benign anarchy. The word "anarchy" has a bad meaning to most of us. But I think that the idealist who first advocated the concept felt that if only men were granted absolute liberty, and were compelled to obey no one, they would then voluntarily associate themselves in the common interest. A.A. is an association of the benign sort he envisioned.

But when we had to go into action--to function as groups--we discovered that we also had to become a democracy. As our oldtimers retired, we therefore began to elect our trusted servants by majority vote. Each group in this sense became a town meeting. All plans for group action had to be approved by the majority. This meant that no single individual could appoint himself to act for his group or for A.A. as a whole. Neither dictatorship nor paternalism was for us.

A.A. Comes Of Age Pages 224-225

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"Without involvement, there is no commitment. Mark it down, asterisk it, circle it, underline it." -- Ralph Ellison
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: