View Single Post
Old 10-09-2021, 04:31 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 9

Prayer for Temptations

Lord ,
I pray that you will give me a renewed sense of strength and peace when I wake up each morning.
I pray that I will be more aware of your guidance and more aware of the direction you want me to go each day.
I pray that I will be more aware of the POWER you have given me today to overcome obstacles and temptations.
And I pray that you will give me the understanding of how to access that POWER more fully than I have been able to do previously.

Lord, I ask that you give me a feeling of joy and a feeling of freshness as I awaken to a new day.
Show me the opportunities you are putting before me.
Warn me of the traps that I will encounter along my path.
I will be more thankful today for little blessings than I have been previously.
And I will yield myself today and follow you more closely than I have previously.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

Who are you to say there is no God?

This challenge comes to all of us. Are we capable of denying that there is a design and purpose in all of life as we know it? Or are we willing to admit that faith in some kind of Divine Principle is a part of our make-up, just as much as the feeling we have for a friend? We find a great Reality deep down within us, if we face ourselves as we really are. In the last analysis, it is only there that God may be found. When we find this Reality within us, we are restored to our right minds.

So ............

Have I found the great Reality?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Guidance

It would be nearly impossible to do an accounting of the results of prayer. Sometimes there seems to be no answer , and at other times, an answer seems to be the result of coincidence. It's too easy to dismiss these results as things that would have happened even if we hadn't prayed.

Yet those of us who believe in prayer feel that it is indeed a way of communicating with our Higher Power. It takes many forms. Even thinking about God is a type of prayer.

The best answers to prayer come in the new ways we begin to feel about ourselves and others. If prayer brings us to a realization of being in tune with our Higher Power, we are working in the right way. The proper changes will come into our lives as needed. We should not try to measure results, because this tends to bring doubt into the process. Our only responsibility is to pray, then let God's work take place in our lives. No Prayer Goes Unanswered

I will pray regularly today, thinking often about God and asserting to myself and others that this Higher Power is in charge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The First Drink

The fact is that most alcoholics, for reasons yet obscure, have lost the power of choice in drink. Our so-called will power becomes practically nonexistent. We are unable, at certain times, to bring into our consciousness with sufficient force the memory of the suffering and humiliation of even a week or a month ago. We are without defense against the first drink.

The almost certain consequences that follow taking even a glass of beer do not crowd into the mind to deter us. If these thoughts occur, they are hazy and readily supplanted with the old threadbare idea that this time we shall handle ourselves like other people. There is a complete failure of the kind of defense that keeps one from putting his hand on a hot stove.

Alcoholics Anonymous Page 24

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"A man never discloses his own character so clearly as when he describes another's." ~ Johann Paul Richter

We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: