View Single Post
Old 10-13-2021, 01:06 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 12

Prayer For The Overwhelmed

Lord,
I do not see a way out of the burden I feel, but I put all my faith and trust in You for a path to open up, that new opportunities and new relationships will grace my life.
Give me strength, to overcome these negative feelings and to get all the tasks that I have to do, completed efficiently, effectively, and on time!
Calm my mind, give me peace, as I recollect all the tasks I need to complete.
Give me patience to be still and remember that You will make all things work together for my good.
Everything that happens to me happens for a reason – to make me stronger.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

Be careful not to brand new prospects as alcoholics.

Let them draw their own conclusion. But talk to them about the hopelessness of alcoholism. Tell them exactly what happened to you and how you recovered. Stress the spiritual feature freely. If they are agnostics or atheists, make it emphatic that they do not have to agree with your concept of God. They can choose any concept they like, provided it makes sense to them. The main thing is that they are willing to believe in a power greater than themselves and that they live by spiritual principles.

So ............

Do I hold back too much in speaking of the spiritual principles of the program?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Optimism

Today I am an optimist. I believe in life, and more importantly, I believe in me. I know that God cares and this brings me hope.

But when I was drinking, I had a negative and destructive attitude in all areas of life; nothing pleased me, people were not to be trusted, everybody had a price, God seemed to be "out for lunch" and life had lost its meaning. I was a sad man. I was a lonely man. I was an angry man.

When I was told to put down the drink and follow some new directions, I halfheartedly agreed. I met people who laughed, shared their pain and lived in the realistic "now". I began to listen. Slowly I changed. Peace was within my grasp.

Today I wonder at my halfhearted risk that started it all -- and thank God.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Toward Maturity

Many oldsters who have put our A.A. 'booze cure' to severe but successful tests still find they often lack emotional sobriety. To attain this, we must develop real maturity and balance (which is to say, humility) in our relations with ourselves, with our fellows, and with God. Let A.A. never be a closed corporation; let us never deny our experience, for whatever it may be worth, to the world around us. Let our individual members heed the call to every field of human endeavor. Let them carry the experience and spirit of A.A. into all these affairs, for whatever good they may accomplish. For not only has God saved us from alcoholism; the world has received us back into its citizenship.

As Bill Sees It Page 244

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“The world we have created is a product of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.” ~ Albert Einstein

We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: