View Single Post
Old 10-13-2021, 02:57 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 13

Frustrated & Overwhelmed Prayer
Lord,
Life can be so overwhelming at times; frustration has gotten the better of me today. I feel as though I am weary but there is yet so much to do and there seems to be so little time. My workload seems to be growing; the demands on me from everyone are just simply too much for me today, it’s too overwhelming. My energy is drained and I feel as though I am losing hope, that this life would not get any easier.

Give me strength, Lord, to overcome these negative feelings and to get all the tasks that I have to do. That they be completed, efficiently and effectively, and on time!
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

Outline the program of action to new prospects.

Explaining how you made a self-appraisal, how you straightened out your past, and why you are now endeavoring to help them. It is important for them to realize that your attempt to pass this on to them plays a vital part in your recovery. The more hopeless they feel, the better. They will be more likely to follow your suggestions. Tell them about the fellowship of A.A. and if they show interest, lend them a copy of the Big Book.

So ............

Can I tell the A.A. story to another alcoholic?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Self-Honesty

Our lies to ourselves kept us so fully in the dark. We sometimes told "sincere" lies because we honestly did not distinguish the truth within ourselves. For so long we had preferred dishonest rationalizations, and we had come to believe them.

We slowly cleanse ourselves of the lies that we told ourselves. With this kind of honesty comes an inner peace with ourselves, and we can say, "I know myself."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why Worry?

There are many short phrases and expressions in AA which make sound sense.
'First Things First': solving our immediate problems before we try to solve all the others . . .
'Easy Does it.' Relax a little. Try for inner contentment. No one individual can carry all the burdens of the world. Everyone has problems. Getting drunk won't solve them.
'Twenty-four hours a day.' Today is the day. Doing our best, living each day to the fullest is the art of living. Yesterday is gone, and we don't know whether we will be here tomorrow. If we do a good job of living today, and if tomorrow comes for us, then the chances are we will do a good job when it arrives - so why worry about it?

Alcoholics Anonymous, 3rd Edition, Page 382

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“When life gets hectic and you feel overwhelmed, take a moment to focus on the people and things you are most grateful for. When you have an attitude of gratitude, frustrating troubles will fall by the wayside.” ~ Dana Arcuri

We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: