View Single Post
Old 02-06-2022, 07:51 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 6

Attitude Adjustment Prayer

Lord, I confess that sometimes I choose to focus on the negatives. In every moment of every day, help me focus on whatever is true, noble, right, pure, lovely and admirable, so that my attitude may reflect and honor you. As I practice shifting my perspective, keep my heart from growing cold or bitter. Teach me to remember that I am not a slave to my negative emotions.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

Have I turned to a Higher Power for help?

Do I believe that each man or woman I see in A.A. is a demonstration of the power of God to change a human being from a drunkard into a sober, useful citizen? Do I believe that this Higher Power can keep me from drinking? Am I living one day at a time? Do I ask God to give me the power to stay sober for each twenty-four hours?

So ............

Do I attend A.A. meetings regularly?
Do I have contact with other A.A.’s regularly?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Accepting Help

Some of us have felt so alienated that we've forgotten we're not alone. We've come to believe that we have to do it ourselves. Some of us have been abandoned. Some have gone without love. Some of us have gotten used to people never being there for us. Some of us have struggled, had hard lessons to learn.

God's there, always ready to help. There is an ample supply of people to care about us too. We will, if we want it, receive love and support, comfort and nurturing. If we take the risk to ask for it, help is there. We aren't alone. And we don't have to do it ourselves.

God, help me let go of my need to do it alone and my belief that I am alone. Help me tap into Your Divine Power and Presence, and your resources for love, support, and friendship. Open my eyes and heart so I can see the love, help, and support that's there for me. Help me know I am loved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Cost

I was soon sitting beside a big hulk of a man. Decidedly unfriendly, he stared at me out of eyes which were slits in his red and swollen face. I had to agree with the doctor - he certainly didn't look good. But I told him my own story. I explained what a wonderful Fellowship we had, how well we understood each other. I bore down hard on the hopelessness of the drunk's dilemma. I insisted that few drunks could ever get well on their own steam, but that in our groups we could do together what we could not do separately. He interrupted to scoff at this and asserted he'd fix his wife, his partner, and his alcoholism by himself. Sarcastically he asked, `How much does your scheme cost?' "I was thankful I could tell him, `Nothing at all.'

Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions Page 152

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Few Quotes

“Fear is just excitement in need of an attitude adjustment.” ~ Dee Wilson

“Attitude is a small thing that brings a big change.” ~ Winston Churchill

We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: