View Single Post
Old 02-10-2022, 03:48 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 10

Prayer to Release

God,
You know I am troubled by thoughts and feelings of anger, resentment and bitterness. You also know why. And You know how deep the hurt goes and how long I have lived with it. But I don’t want to live with it any longer. I don’t want to be an angry, resentful and bitter person. With Your help, I release my anger into Your hands. I surrender my resentment. I let go of my bitterness. Help me to keep letting go and release these toxic emotions as often as they try to return.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

I have turned to a Power greater than myself.

I am no longer at the center of the universe. The entire world does not revolve around me any longer. I am only one among many. I have a Father in heaven and I am only one of His children and a small one at that. But I can depend on Him to show me what to do and to give me the strength to do it. I am on the Way and the whole power of the universe is behind me when I do the right thing. I do not have to depend entirely on myself any longer. With God, I can face anything.

So ............

Is my life in the hands of God?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Accepting God's Will

Disappointments and hurts can send us into an orgy of self-pity if we are not willing to accept them as part of our Higher Power's plan. We do not understand why we must suffer disappointments and frustrations, but trusting God means that we accept our share of this world's pain.

When we look back on former disappointments, we are often able to see that what we so desperately wanted at the time would not have been the best thing for us. Our vision and judgment are limited. Faith in God's purposes can relieve us of unnecessary hurt and frustration.

To accept God's will is not to passively absorb all that happens to us like an inert sponge. It is to actively seek knowledge of His plan for our lives and to purposefully work according to the knowledge we receive. Acceptance is positive and cooperative. God's will is what I seek to accept.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Choices

We cannot wholly rely on friends to solve all our difficulties. A good adviser will never do all our thinking for us. He knows that each final choice must be ours. He will therefore help to eliminate fear, expediency, and self-deception, enabling us to make choices which are loving, wise, and honest.

Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions Page 55

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“Change happens in an instant. It happens the moment you DECIDE to change.” ~ Allyson Lewis
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: