View Single Post
Old 03-11-2022, 05:55 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 11

Prayer for Strength and Faith

Lord,
See me through these hard times. In these troubling times, I am filled with unspeakable fears. I reach out my hand to you now, And ask you to walk besides me. I cannot carry all my burdens, But I know you can, and will. Please walk beside me. Please guide me. Please help me hold on strong, Through the trials and storms. Help me hold on to my faith, In even the darkest hour.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

Today, I have more peace and contentment.

Life has fallen into place. The pieces of the jigsaw puzzle have found their correct position. Life is whole, all of one piece. I am not cast hither and yon on every wind of circumstance or fancy. I am no longer a dry leaf cast up and away by the breeze. I have found my place of rest, my place where I belong. I am content. I do not vainly wish for things I cannot have. I have "the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference. "

So ............

Have I found contentment in A.A.?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Instant Satisfaction

As we have reached for instant cures, one-minute answers, and quick highs, we have developed lifestyles that foreclosed deeper possibilities.

Today, our greatest temptation may be to grab for the fast solutions rather than allowing time for small but important steps to occur. When we are frustrated, it will help to remember the difficulty may lie in our insistence on a quick answer. Sometimes simply being true to ourselves and standing as a witness while the answer develops are all that is asked of us.

This day, I will have faith that time is on my side and it will teach me valuable things.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Belief

One of the oldtimers used the electricity metaphor, which I later found in the Big Book. 'A person walking into a dark room does not worry about understanding electricity,' he said. 'He just finds the switch and turns on the light.' He explained that we can turn on the switch of spirituality by simply asking God each morning for another day of sobriety and thanking Him at night for another beautiful sober day. He said, 'Do it mechanically if you really don't believe in it. But do it every day. There is probably no one who really understands the wonderful ways of the Higher Power, and we don't need to. He understands us.'

Came to Believe, 30th printing 2004, pg. 30

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Few Quotes

“Recovery is something that you have to work on every single day and it’s something that doesn’t get a day off.” ~ Demi Lovato

“Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: