View Single Post
Old 03-30-2022, 05:50 AM   #32
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 30

Selfishness Prayer

Lord,
Please forgive me. I am still such a selfish person. I don’t know why I struggle so much with this. Every day my flesh is confronted with a decision and I want so badly, and oftentimes do, justify my reasoning for what I choose to do. I do what benefits me. If it is inconvenient or outside of my desire, I don’t want to do it. The worst part is when my family are the ones asking and I deny them. Please help me not to be so selfish. If my family or friends need help with anything, please help me to do it with a joyful heart. Change me, Lord. Remove my selfish ways. Give me a heart and mind that is focused on serving others.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

Today, I have real friends, where I had none before.

My drinking companions could hardly be called my real friends, though when drunk we seemed to have the closest kind of friendship. My idea of friendship has changed. Friends are no longer people whom I can use for my own pleasure or profit. Friends are now people who understand me and I them, whom I can help and who can help me to live a better life. I have learned not to hold back and wait for friends to come to me, but to go half way and to be met halfway, openly and freely.

So ............

Does friendship have new meaning for me?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Love & Service

Service is how we give love away. It’s the “self” of self-help. Service is not a duty; a gift that’s been given to us. We help ourselves by helping others. It’s how we make sure the program will be here tomorrow. We “carry the message.” It’s just one way we see how important we are to others. The world needs us. The world needs our love.

Love is something if you give it away, you end up having more. ~ Malvina Reynolds

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Surrender

We surrender to win. On the face of it, surrendering certainly does not seem like winning. But it is in AA. Only after we have come to the end of our rope, hit a stone wall in some aspect of our lives beyond which we can go no further; only when we hit "bottom" in despair and surrender, can we accomplish sobriety which we could never accomplish before. We must, and we do, surrender in order to win."

Alcoholics Anonymous, 2nd Edition, Page 341

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"Selfishness - self-centeredness! That, we think, is the root of our troubles." ~ Alcoholics Anonymous. Page 62
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: