View Single Post
Old 05-19-2022, 10:33 PM   #2
janbear
Trusted Servant

Icon24

Others of us are bound by guilt. We keep beating ourselves up over some past failure. We're trapped,stuck fast in self-reproach and shame. We reason that no one anywhere could be as bad as we are, that no one could love the real us or forgive us for the terrible things we've done. But we're wrong: For starters, God can. Jesus went to the cross for all our sins. He knows everything we've ever done or experienced. The apostle Paul harbored a lot of regret about his past. He'd ever participated in Stephens's murder. Yet in Philliippians 3:13-14 he inspires us with these words: "Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."

To be continued
janbear is offline   Reply With Quote