View Single Post
Old 08-03-2022, 06:13 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 3

Forgiving Others Prayer

Lord, please help me to remember the power of forgiveness, and please help me to extend this to others.
I know what it means to forgive, and I know all of the things you have forgiven me for.
Despite my feelings about them, please help me to remember that, like me, You love this person and care about his/her well-being.
Please help me to find love in my heart as well and to move past what was said and done.
Please help me to forgive them and to move past this.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

By drinking, we escaped from boredom for a while.

We almost forgot our troubles. But when we sobered up, our troubles were twice as bad. Drinking had only made them worse. In A.A., we really escape boredom. Nobody's bored at an A.A. meeting. We stick around after it's over and we hate to leave. Drinking gave us a temporary feeling of importance. When we're drinking, we kid ourselves into thinking we are somebody. We tell tall stories to build ourselves up. In A.A., we don't want that kind of self-importance. We have real self-respect and honesty and humility.

So ............

Have I found something much better and more satisfactory than drinking?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Sponsor

We often hear, "Stick with the winners." Not everyone in Twelve Step meetings is there for recovery.. But many members follow a Twelve Step way of living. We need to find those people. This is really true when it comes to finding a sponsor. Look for a sponsor who gets good things from his or her program. Why pick a sponsor who isn't happy in the program? Recovery is hard work. You deserve the best. Find the best sponsor you can. Remember, ours is a selfish program. we're fighting for our lives.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Material Well-Being

Although financial recovery is on the way for many of us, we find we cannot place money first. For us, material well-being always follows spiritual progress; it never precedes.

Alcoholics Anonymous Page 127

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you." ~ Lewis B. Smedes

We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: