View Single Post
Old 08-04-2022, 05:21 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 4

Prayer for Worry and Anxiety

Lord,
Sometimes I feel I can not face today, it is hard to keep going with such anxious thoughts running through my mind.
I ask for your peace to flood my being, that each moment I would surrender these worries, fears and anxieties to you.
I ask for your presence to walk with me through each part of my day, so that I would not feel alone but know that I am loved.
And I ask for your strength to wake me each morning and keep me going. May I trust in you to see me through, lead me to calmer seas, balance and rest in heart, mind, body and soul.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

Living a sober life.

If you can take your troubles as they come, if you can maintain your calm and composure amid pressing duties and unending engagements, if you can rise above the distressing and disturbing circumstances in which you are set down, you have discovered a priceless secret of daily living. Even if you are forced to go through life weighed down by some inescapable misfortune or handicap and yet live each day as it comes with poise and peace of mind, you have succeeded where most people have failed. You have wrought a greater achievement than a person who rules a nation.

So ............

Have I achieved poise and peace of mind?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Moments

It's the moment that's important. Each moment holds a choice. Our spirits grow through working our program moment to moment. Moments lead to days, days to years, and years to a life of honest recovery.
It will be the moments of choice that we remember. The moment we call a friend instead of being alone. The moment we decide to go for a walk instead of arguing with our partner. The moment we decide to go to an extra meeting instead of drinking. The moments lead us to our Higher Power.
These moments teach us that we're human, that we need others. At these moments, we know others care about us--our joys, and our struggles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Faith

To go along with this deep-seated belief in God, I have developed an enormous faith in God. He is good. My understanding is that everything He sends my way is for my benefit. But the growth of this understanding has taken time, as well as a relinquishing of my resistance to change. I needed the trials and tribulations I have had, so that I could surrender and give up self. Only in complete acceptance of the utter defeat of my pride and ego could I begin to win.

Came to Believe, 30th printing 2004, Pages 86-87

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"Today I will try to raise, rather than lower, someone’s self-esteem." ~ Homer Pyle
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: