View Single Post
Old 08-06-2022, 02:40 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 6

Prayer When Confused

Lord,
I come before you today with my mind swirling with different thoughts and feelings.
I have a hard decision to make and I just don't know what to do.
I feel helpless and confused. I'm worried about the consequences of my decision.
I worry about the impact my decision will have not only on myself but on others as well.
To be honest, I fear making the wrong decision.
I need your assistance making sure the decision I arrive at conforms to your will.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

The program of Alcoholics Anonymous involves a continuous striving for improvement.

There can be no long resting period. We must try to work at it all the time. We must continually keep in mind that it is a program not to be measured in years, because we never fully reach our goals nor are we ever cured. Our alcoholism is only kept in abeyance by daily living of the program. It is a timeless program in every sense. We live it day by day, or more precisely, moment by moment - now.

So ............

Am I always striving for improvement?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Kindness

Kindness is among the gifts we can most easily spread among others. The more we give of kind words and deeds, the more we discover that kindness is like a burning candle which lights many other candles without losing a trace of its own brightness. Our kindnesses are assets, which return unexpected dividends when we invest them in the happiness of others. Kindness is the very basis of love. It softens the most severe anger and gladdens the hardest hearts.

No kindness is too small to win and hold the affection of others because it is made up of gentleness, love, generosity, unselfishness, and caring.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meditation

Aided by such instruction and example as we can find, it is essentially an individual adventure, something which each one of us works out in his own way.
But its object is always the same: to improve our conscious contact with God, with His grace, wisdom, and love. And let's always remember that meditation is in reality intensely practical. One of the first fruits is emotional balance.

Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions Pages 101-102

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

" I need to face life and not run from it." ~ Leo Booth
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: