Old 08-10-2022, 05:39 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 10

A Morning Prayer

Lord,
Thank You for this day.
I ask that You guide my path today.
More specifically, my thoughts, words and actions.
Please be with me throughout the day and help me navigate whatever comes my way.
Most importantly, help me to reflect and live out your will.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

In the beginning of Alcoholics Anonymous there were only two people.

Now there are many groups and millions of members. But there are probably millions of others who need our help. More and more people are making a start in A.A. each day. In the case of individual members, the beginning has been accomplished when they admit they are powerless and turn to a Power greater than themselves, admitting that their lives have become unmanageable. That Higher Power works for good in all things and helps us to accomplish much in individual growth and in the growth of A.A. groups.

So ............

Am I doing my part in helping A.A. to grow?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Achievements

Even the continuous sobriety we're enjoying is no shield from traps we seem to set for ourselves. At times, we can find ourselves in the foolish game of continuing to fight battles we've won or lost.

One losing battle is the attempt to win the approval of someone who has always disliked us. That person may be gone, but we still fight....and lose..... the same battle when we find ourselves in a similar situation.

We also may have won some battles without knowing it. This can happen when we've set our goals unrealistically high. We may be fairly successful in our work, for example, but still feel that we have failed because a high goal we set eluded us. That goal, however, may have been all but impossible to attain, and while we mourn our perceived failure, we ignore the successes we may have achieved in the meantime. Consequently, we should never let any of these battles interfere with our plan for sobriety. We must stay sober at all costs.

I'll not strive to impress people who may always disapprove of me. I will also accept my successes even if they fall short of my highest dreams.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Choice

Like so many, I do not always surrender completely; I allow the cares and worries of the day to distort my thinking.
But as soon as I get back on the right track, I realize I have everything I need.
Whatever problems confront me, large or small, they can be solved wisely. Or they can be solved my way. The choice is mine.

Came To Believe Page 60

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"There is no investment you'll ever make which will pay you so well as the effort to scatter sunshine and good cheer wherever you are." ~ John Quincy
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: