View Single Post
Old 12-12-2022, 11:29 AM   #50
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 12

Quote of the Week

"I want my Higher Power to live in my heart full time, but He’ll only take a twenty-four-hour lease."

It’s amazing how good I feel when I get connected to my Higher Power. I do this by praying and meditating in the mornings, or by speaking with or helping someone in the program. I also get this feeling by attending meetings or going out to fellowship. I love the peace I feel, the sense of belonging I have, and the feelings of being comfortable in my own skin.

It’s also amazing how I can wake up the next day and feel so disconnected. There are some mornings when I feel the same old dread and anxiety I lived with while drinking. It’s as if I had never heard of the Twelve Steps. I’ve often asked my sponsor why I can’t stay connected, and he tells me it’s the same reason I can’t stay full after I’ve eaten a meal. When I ask him to explain, he says:

“Because we are spiritual beings, we all have a hunger to connect with our source. Once connected, we are filled with the peace and serenity that are the nourishment of this union. As we go about our day expending energy—the biggest energy drain caused by thinking and worrying about ourselves—we quickly become depleted and hungry. That’s why we need to continually take actions to restore our connection and move God back into our hearts.” And once I do that, I am full again.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote