View Single Post
Old 03-09-2023, 10:16 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 9

Practice of the Day-
BB pg 11-
Ch-1- Bill’s Story:
The wars which had been fought, the burnings and chicanery that religious dispute had facilitated, made me sick. I honestly doubted wether, on balance, the religions of mankind had done any good. Judging from what I had seen in Europe and since, the power of God in human affairs was negligible, the Brotherhood of Man a grim jest. If there was a Devil, he seemed the Boss Universal, and he certainly had me.
But my friend sat before me and he made the point-blank declaration that God had done for him what he could not do for himself. His human will had failed. Doctors had pronounced him incurable. Society was about to lock him up. Like myself, he had admitted complete defeat. Then he had, in effect, been raised from the dead, suddenly taken from the scrap heap to a level of life better than the best he had ever known!
Had this power originated in him? Obviously it had not. There had been no more power in him than there was in me at that minute; and that was none at all.

-Tom- My sponsor taught me that I may be the only example of the Big Book someone suffering my ever see.
Understanding and accepting that Responsibility and Charge from my sponsor, made all the difference in my life and the lives of others, still.
I can ask myself, do my words and actions provide a hopeful example for The hopeless ? If your answer is yes, then be proud of yourself and Continue. If your answer is no, then get with your sponsor and start right now.
I pray that today I have eyes that may see, ears that may hear and a Heart that may understand, those in need.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote