View Single Post
Old 03-11-2023, 06:10 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 11

A person wrapped up in himself makes a small package.

~Harry Emerson Fosdick

This sums up how we used to live. We were all wrapped up in ourselves. We had to be on center stage. Our self-will ran riot.

Recovery pulls us out of that world. We learn to focus on others. We learn to reach out to them with love. This is the best way to love ourselves.

This doesn't mean that we live our lives through others. It means we invite others into our lives. It also means we ask to be invited into their lives. Recovery breaks down our self-will. It makes room for others in our lives.
Prayer for the Day

Higher Power, I give You my self-will. I know that by giving this piece of myself up, You will help me do better.
Action for the Day

I'll list three ways my self-will has messed up my life. How am I doing at turning over these things to my Higher Power?

Today's reading is from the book Keep it Simple: Daily Meditations for Twelve Step Beginnings and Renewal*
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: