View Single Post
Old 03-14-2023, 06:14 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 14

A Higher Purpose

One of my friends from the National Guard invited me to join her in Alaska for the summer. I left Oregon, sold everything, and went up there for the summer. Here I had this brand-new bachelor's degree, and I ended up being her babysitter. It wasn't what I expected or needed at that time in my life.

So I went back to Oregon, got employment. I found that my services were needed in the Job Corps. I wasn't the person who did the program, but I was the person who took the kids to meetings. This form of service work for youth contributed to my sobriety both personally and professionally.

Listening to others share their stories in sobriety is a form of service work - for them, for me, for all of us.

~Gayle C., U.S. Army National Guard, 1976–1980/1984

Today's reading is from the book Leave No One Behind: Daily meditations for Military Service Members and Veterans in Recovery*
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: