View Single Post
Old 06-12-2023, 05:53 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 12

Surrendering to God's caring plan eases our walk today.

When first introduced to the idea that a Higher Power is in charge of our lives, the lives of our loved ones, and all the situations we've struggled so hard to control, we balk. We don't want to turn over the reins to anyone. After all, how can we be certain our loved ones will stop drinking if we quit pleading? Or who is going to make sure the children don't get into drugs if we aren't nagging them about their friends and their whereabouts all the time?

How lucky we are to have discovered, at last, the peace that comes with surrendering. There is a plan for our lives. There is a plan for our companion's life too. And for our friends' and associates' lives. No one of us has been left out of the divine plan. But we couldn't see this before. We were too intent on trying to run lives as though we were all-powerful. Now we can breathe easier, knowing God will take care of all those people we tried to manage but couldn't.

As Step Three suggests, I will turn my will and my life over to God today and enjoy these twenty-four hours.

Today's reading is from the book A Life of My Own: Meditations on Hope and Acceptance*
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: