View Single Post
Old 07-11-2023, 07:06 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 11

Human misery must somewhere have a stop: There is no wind that always blows a storm.

~Euripides

It is easy to think we will always be in the same boat, that our characters are fixed, our habits unalterable. "This is who I am. You can take me or leave me." When we say that, we often really mean "when you know who I really am, you will leave me." And that's the ultimate position of the addict.

But no one is predestined to be a certain person or to behave in a particular way. And no one stops growing and changing. We have to have faith in the immense possibilities of movement and growth.

Life itself is more than winds and storms. It can be calm, changeable, hot, dry, mellow, promising, gloomy, bright, and serene, and we can match its immense diversity of moods. For we are part of life, part of all this wondrous change and diversity, and if we are not afraid to let ourselves go, we can be as varied and as flexible as life.

I don't believe that I am fixed in my ways or stuck in my addiction. I am learning to be open to all the changes that life can offer.

Today's reading is from the book Answers in the Heart
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote