View Single Post
Old 07-12-2023, 05:52 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 12

Frustration

Nothing is unthinkable, nothing impossible to the balanced person, provided it arises out of the needs of life and is dedicated to life’s further developments.

~Lewis Mumford

In recovery we walk one foot in front of the other. We live life "One day at a time." We "Live and let live." These slogans we have in the program help with the frustrations we experience in everyday living. The fact of the matter is, most of us have spent so many years forcing our will on each situation that it is difficult to stop.

It takes practice and patience to slow down and let life come to us, rather than rushing off to make things happen. Our Higher Power has a sense of time and timing that will be revealed to us slowly. Frustration will not move a clock forward, change a traffic light from red to green, or make us younger. Frustration will only block our serenity.

The Steps teach me that it is sometimes necessary to do absolutely nothing. I can hear better when I am quiet.

Today's reading is from the book Easy Does It: A Book of Daily Twelve Step Meditations*
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote