View Single Post
Old 08-16-2023, 06:13 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 15

Practice of the Day
BB pg 85-
Ch 6- Into Action:
It is easy to let up on the spiritual program of action and rest on our laurels. We are headed for trouble if we do, for alcohol is a subtle foe. We are not cured of alcoholism. What we really have is a daily reprieve contingent on the maintenance of our spiritual condition. Every day is a day when we must carry the vision of God's will into all of our activities. "How can I best serve Thee-Thy will (not mine) be done." These are thoughts which must go with us constantly. We can exercise our will power along this line all we wish. It is the proper use of the will.
Much has already been said about receiving strength, inspiration, and direction from Him who has all knowledge and power. If we have carefully followed directions, we have begun to sense the flow of His Spirit into us. To some extent we have become God-conscious. We have begun to develop this vital sixth sense. But we must go further and that means more action.

-Tom- Sometimes I wonder how I got off track, at times, with the Program and doing the Deal. I am Grateful that I don’t have to figure that out because it says why in that first sentence; “it is easy to let up on the spiritual program of action..” The BB says it is easy to let up, not hard to let up. And that has been my Experience.
The cool thing is, all I have to do to correct it is to get back into spiritual action.
We practice more spiritual action, not more prayer, not more meditation, not more contemplation, but action.
I pray that today I remember that my actions speak so loud, that my words can not be heard. And Live as such.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote