View Single Post
Old 01-09-2024, 06:43 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 8

Quote of the Week

"If you still have some plans left, they suck, and you’ll use them."

I hear some people share regularly at my Tuesday night meeting, and they always wish the newcomers one thing—desperation. At first this seemed harsh to me, but I realized that if I hadn’t hit complete bottom, I, too, would have used the plans I had left. And when I think back to my old plans, none of them involved sobriety.

When I was new, my sponsor asked me what my back-pocket plans were, and I told him: “If this doesn’t work for me in ninety days, I’m selling my house, cashing in my retirement savings, and moving to England. Once there, I’m going to buy, operate, and live above a pub.” At the time, that was my best thinking, and I was dead serious. He looked at me, smiled, and just said, “Keep coming back.” And I did.

Today, I’m thankful that was the only alternative plan I had left. I know it would probably have killed me, but I had reached such a bottom it didn’t really matter anymore. If you’re new, I hope you’re out of any viable plans, desperate, and ready to give the program everything you’ve got. I guarantee you, it’s the best plan you’ll ever have.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote